Nov 23 2012
By: TERMINALD Splicer 85 posts

GTA San Adreas style Avatar upkeep

5 replies 256 views Edited Nov 23, 2012

Alot of times on Home, I see people that are new to it saying, what am I supposed to do on this thing? There is of course the obvious choices of chatting with people & playing games. But what if you want to go on Home & you dont really feel like chatting so much & your kinda bored with the games? Ive been playing alot of San Andreas lately, getting psyched up for GTA 5. I really like the ability to do upkeep for CJ. He needs to eat to get his health back, if he eats to much he gets overweight. You can take him to the gym and get him ripped if you want to. Stuff like that, wouldnt it be cool if you had that stuff in Home?

That new Granzella burger space reminds me of GTA's Burgershot. It would be cool if there was a gym we could goto with our avatars. Gain xp by working out, leading to other body types as rewards. Instead of just setting your avatar up to be fat or skinny when you go on home the first time, you get a default body type & all you can do is set the height of your avatar as far as physical custimizations go. Then its up to you if you want your avatar to let him or herself go, or keep in good shape. Get you haircuts at the barbar. Upkeep.

Home could go alot deeper with its avatar "virtual life" angle. This would alot more life to the avatars themselves IMO, it would get addicting doing the upkeep stuff. The only way to make your male avatar look like he's in good shape is to buy a bare torso. Home could be pretty sick if they added something like that to it for the PS4 version. Would you like Home better if you had to do San Andreas style avatar upkeep, or would you rather have it the way it is?

Message 1 of 6 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

Re: GTA San Adreas style Avatar upkeep

Nov 23, 2012

We used to have a public and personal space (UFC) that had built-in exercise games that were actually kind of fun and you could earn rewards, but for reasons that I personally have yet to see, they removed the public space and removed the personal space from the stores only about a year after they were released.  For those that bought the personal space, all the exercise games in it still work, but it doesn't have the same excercise games from the public UFC space.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 2 of 6 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
85 posts

Nov 23, 2012

Yea, I liked those excercise mini games they had. I think they got rid of it cause of the bug that wouldnt let you redeem your xp points, I had a bunch of XP but I never could unlock any of the rewards.

Message 3 of 6 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2012

Here are some pics of some of the exercise games:

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 4 of 6 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1473 posts

Nov 23, 2012
Nice idea but I have no desire to have to try to keep my avatar in shape
Perhaps a few different options for body type would be nice

If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Message 5 of 6 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1691 posts

Nov 23, 2012

That'd require a core update of some sort to avatars. As we all should know by now, we are never getting any core update to avatars.

Message 6 of 6 (137 Views)
0 Likes