Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: GRANZELLA: GREEDZELLA OR GOODZELLA?

[ Edited ]
Sep 17, 2012

There is a new umbrella game at Neon Downtown or at least I saw it for the first time yesterday. There are no rewards for this to my knowledge although one user does need an umbrella to play. I do believe there is a 6 piece bundle for 200 Yen (2 dollars). The umbrella's are hand items. This game can be played alone or with a friend who leads you around the space with his umbrella protecting you from the rain there.

Not sure if this is a limited time only event type of thing given I don't think the rain is supposed to be a permanent feature of Neon Downtown. Just another great example of Granzella adding content to both Public and Private spaces after their release.

Hope we will see this space soon as well. 

Umbrella

And a shot of the new attic there at their Shabby Apartment which is also at Neon. The rewards at that space are super neat especially for the ladies and the server/customer game there is free. One can buy items in store to increase xp and experience but you can win all of it without it. 

The attic was just added in an update well after the release of the private space. This is sort of similar to what Granzella did with their museum update adding a planetarium, music and lighting features not too long ago.  We got it all as a package since we got the space well after it was released in Japan. 

attic

Message 41 of 70 (250 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Sep 17, 2012

Those values will come into play when Neon Downtown reaches NA, and I don't think the word "None" is meant to be there.

I've never regretted a Granzella purchase, but I've bought carefully...one jet ski instead of all four, for example.

When you look at the number of rewards they provide through their spaces, the cost of upgrading the digging tools or buying armor is more than justified. The only other game I can think of in Home that gives out as many rewards is Project Velocity, and fossil hunting blows that out of the water.

The musueum and paid digging aren't necessary, but they do give players a big edge, because Extra Large clods are far more common at the paid dig site. I upgraded the tools twice because I wanted to dig as many fossils each day as I could. Keep in mind that the release of those items took place over a much longer time frame in JP than NA, and NA had advanced notice that the third wave of tools was coming.

Are they expensive? Yes. Does their content have more detail than anyone else's? Yes. Do their games give away more rewards than any other? Yes. So you pay more, but you get more value for it, if you like their stuff.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 42 of 70 (239 Views)
First Son
12 posts

Sep 17, 2012

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

BkIyn_Finest wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

BkIyn_Finest wrote:

We can sit here and lie to ourselves and make every excuse in the book, But the truth is greedzella are con artist robbing us blind and all we keep saying is thank you sir may i have another.

But you as the spender, have control over your wallet.

So, technically they're not robbing if you "choose" to put your money in their content.

Correct

I buy what i like regardless of price and i am aware of whats going on therefore im not being robbed.

Lets talk about those that bought the tools without knowledge that in a month they would be useless because better tools were being released.

Did the get tricked into spending $12? Yes they did.

And the guy who spend $40 on GZ tkt's and got nothing but duplicates? Did he get robbed? Yes he did.

Its a scam lets face it.

That's why people should do their research, before buying into Home.

All the infomation is on the internet, they just have to look for it.

Still not a scam.

So basically its the costumers fault they got bamboozled because they didn't do their research first?

Because i like Granzella im suposed to turn a blind eye to their dishonest marketing tactics?

Is this the msg. we want to send out to these DEVS.?

You guys are really going to sit here and say that $140 for a personal space is worth every penny?

God forbid VeeMee charge us $50 to play NML, Oh wait they did and guess what the majority of the forums had something negative to say about that.

But is ok for Granzella to do so?

You want to be a Granzella fanboy by all means knock yourself out, but don't pretend like you don't see whats going on.

Which brings me back to my original point i was trying to make, people crucify other DEVS for overpriced items when it don't appeal to them and then turn around and make excuses for those that they do like.

It is hypocrisy.

Message 43 of 70 (226 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4422 posts

Sep 17, 2012

EDEA_KRAMER wrote:

well to be honest, my thing isnt the pricing , its seeing content get released here. granzilla certainly has some great stuff that i hope we get. i hope they remake those gangsta styled top down hats ( like mj in smooth criminal). honestly though , i think lockwood is just as great just need to make more black clothing

Last update in JP brought the MJ suits, recolored and textured but the exact same ones. And they made them for women as well.

Still happy! 😊

564647_339397372817634_463163407_n.jpg

Message 44 of 70 (219 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Sep 17, 2012

HearItWow wrote:

Those values will come into play when Neon Downtown reaches NA, and I don't think the word "None" is meant to be there.

I've never regretted a Granzella purchase, but I've bought carefully...one jet ski instead of all four, for example.

When you look at the number of rewards they provide through their spaces, the cost of upgrading the digging tools or buying armor is more than justified. The only other game I can think of in Home that gives out as many rewards is Project Velocity, and fossil hunting blows that out of the water.

The musueum and paid digging aren't necessary, but they do give players a big edge, because Extra Large clods are far more common at the paid dig site. I upgraded the tools twice because I wanted to dig as many fossils each day as I could. Keep in mind that the release of those items took place over a much longer time frame in JP than NA, and NA had advanced notice that the third wave of tools was coming.

Are they expensive? Yes. Does their content have more detail than anyone else's? Yes. Do their games give away more rewards than any other? Yes. So you pay more, but you get more value for it, if you like their stuff.

Totally agree Hearit! Smiley Happy

Message 45 of 70 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 17, 2012

stevev363 wrote:

EDEA_KRAMER wrote:

well to be honest, my thing isnt the pricing , its seeing content get released here. granzilla certainly has some great stuff that i hope we get. i hope they remake those gangsta styled top down hats ( like mj in smooth criminal). honestly though , i think lockwood is just as great just need to make more black clothing

Last update in JP brought the MJ suits, recolored and textured but the exact same ones. And they made them for women as well.

Still happy! 😊

564647_339397372817634_463163407_n.jpg

They have an awesome clothing catalog Steve. Love it and they're just getting started for a company that is focusing on Home content which breaks the standard quo of same ole same ole. 

You know they don't need to rely on floaties, chariots, and other silly perks to try and push their stuff. People buy it cause it's neat and cool and refreshing.

One can read and make informed decision about what they spend and how much. Hopefully competition for pricing from developers like Lockwood in Japan will cause Granzella to moderate their prices as time goes by.  I think we are starting to see that now. 

Message 46 of 70 (215 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Sep 17, 2012

Joanna_Dark wrote:

There is a new umbrella game at Neon Downtown or at least I saw it for the first time yesterday

Joanna LOVE the pics I wanted to see the people with the umbrellas but every time I go no one is using them.  I didn't know there was a Neon apartment (ill have to look into that) and if you highlight the Neon space in the nav or go in the store it has wording with the dates 9*5 ~10*3 under it.   I think its the time frame the event is running not sure thou.

HearItWow wrote:

I don't think the word "None" is meant to be there

The same wording with the minuses included is also in the JP store.  So maybe it is meant to be there as it states in both NA and JP stores. 

Message 47 of 70 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 17, 2012

Still happy! 😊

So they recolor and retextured their items and people want to tell me that they dont recycle their items in different packaging?  This makes people happy.  This is the equavalent to me of "regifting" you take the gift repackage it put a nice bow on it and give it back, but in this case we are paying for the repackaging.  People is content with this and even when you show proof of something you get a "i dont think that was meant to be there.   x_x

Message 48 of 70 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Sep 17, 2012

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Joanna_Dark wrote:

There is a new umbrella game at Neon Downtown or at least I saw it for the first time yesterday

Joanna LOVE the pics I wanted to see the people with the umbrellas but every time I go no one is using them.  I didn't know there was a Neon apartment (ill have to look into that) and if you highlight the Neon space in the nav or go in the store it has wording with the dates 9*5 ~10*3 under it.   I think its the time frame the event is running not sure thou.

HearItWow wrote:

The same wording with the minuses included is also in the JP store.  So maybe it is meant to be there as it states in both NA and JP stores. 

That's curious. Typically if something has a star rating, it has an effect on gameplay somewhere. That "none" could be a typo, or there could be a word missing. Or it subtracts that from your value?

Easy way to test Defense is to plug it into Edo and see what happens.

Someone asked about custom animations earlier...the Sardine Seller has one, but it only works in the Great Edo public space. The rest of the armor is built for mix and match...getting a certain number of stars with the Ninja outfit unlocks a special attack in the Defend Edo game, based on your Stealth rating. I don't know if the Samurai outfit unlocks anything. I've avoided buying that so far, because I'm pretty happy with the Ninja and Sardine Seller .

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 49 of 70 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1023 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 17, 2012

HearItWow wrote:

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Joanna_Dark wrote:

HearItWow wrote:

That's curious. Typically if something has a star rating, it has an effect on gameplay somewhere. That "none" could be a typo, or there could be a word missing. Or it subtracts that from your value?

Easy way to test Defense is to plug it into Edo and see what happens.

Someone asked about custom animations earlier...the Sardine Seller has one, but it only works in the Great Edo public space. The rest of the armor is built for mix and match...getting a certain number of stars with the Ninja outfit unlocks a special attack in the Defend Edo game, based on your Stealth rating. I don't know if the Samurai outfit unlocks anything. I've avoided buying that so far, because I'm pretty happy with the Ninja and Sardine Seller .

Most of the star ratings are for Neon downtown where you get "words" for certain number of stars you wear. You can see an example with the pic Joanna_Dark posted a few post above. On top of the avatar you see a label/phrase. http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/GRANZELLA-GREEDZELLA-OR-GOODZELLA/m-p/382877...

There are a few star ratings that are an exception that gives you bonus with some games, but pretty much alot of them only deals with getting the "words". You can mix around the words that you got to make your own phrase to show off within Neon. That's it, nothing more.

Message 50 of 70 (157 Views)
0 Likes