Highlighted
May 07 2009
By: misscooco_909 I Only Post Everything 864 posts

GIVE A GIFT IN HOME?

48 replies 487 views Edited May 7, 2009

What do you think of...

A section of the Mall (maybe a post office) specifically for anyone who wants to buy an item and  send it to someone only of their friends list. (items would probably be limited to clothing, furniture,and decorations)

The purchaser can only send one gift at a time to the receiver,

* The purchaser would have to select the receiver from their friends list before selecting an item, the items that the receiver already owns would then be blocked from sale. 

The purchaser would have to have funds saved to their  ps network account to guarantee payment. (via a pre paid purchase card )

Then that item would appear as a wrapped package in the apartment or primary private space of the person who was gifted

The price of the gift would be frozen until the receiver of the gift unwraps and downloads The item, at that time all sales are final.

The receiver has 30 days to unwrap and download the gift. Past 30 days the transition would be voided the package deleted, and the cost of the item would then be unfrozen from the purchaser account and be available for future use/ purchases.

*Maybe Sony can also create a library of animated  greeting cards that could easily be personalized, a greeting card could be attached with the gift.. Or greeting cards could be sent individually for a small charge from this same area.

Message Edited by misscooco_909 on 04-03-2009 01:22 PM
Message Edited by misscooco_909 on 05-06-2009 06:41 PM
sc misscooco
Message 39 of 49 (487 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10027 posts

Re: GIVE A GIFT IN HOME?

Apr 3, 2009

What do you think of...

A section of the Mall (maybe a post office) specifically for anyone who wants to buy an item and  send it to someone only of their friends list. (items would probably be limited to clothing, furniture,and decorations)

The purchaser can only send one gift at a time to the receiver, I would change that to one gift per day.... or three days, etc.

The purchaser would have to have funds saved to their  ps network account to guarantee payment. (via a pre paid purchase card )

Then that item would appear as a wrapped package in the apartment or primary private space of the person who was gifted

The price of the gift would be frozen until the receiver of the gift unwraps and downloads The item, at that time all sales are final.

The receiver has 30 days to unwrap and download the gift. Past 30 days the transition would be voided the package deleted, and the cost of the item would then be unfrozen and the funds would be available for future use.

Message 1 of 49 (487 Views)
Sackboy
521 posts

Apr 3, 2009
I saw you post this in the "Suggestions For Home" thread too. I think this is a pretty neat idea. It would be great for Christmas or birthdays, or just for giving one of your friends something nice.
Message 2 of 49 (487 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1003 posts

Apr 3, 2009
I'd like this quite a bit. I usually have a tonne of money left over on my account and I'd like to buy things for my friends for whatever reason.

Lev - Officer of LoS

Message 3 of 49 (487 Views)
Izl
Fender Bender
4051 posts

Apr 3, 2009
I agree with a 3-day+ wait in between or somthing to counter this; don't want it to turn out like other mmorpgs with girls(guys) tryna seduce guys for gifts
Message 4 of 49 (487 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10878 posts

Apr 3, 2009
Easily the best system for giveing gifts i have heard so far kudos 

@Jim777PS
Message 5 of 49 (487 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
230 posts

Apr 3, 2009

Sounds like a noble, and excellent idea. Whether it be for birthdays, holidays, or just because it's Wednesday, buy that special someone a gift. The Mall: We've got you covered.

Super cheesy, but still...great idea.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 49 (487 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
81 posts

Apr 3, 2009
yeah but you no someone would take advantage of this a guy pretends to be a girl and gets stuff or a girl dates multiple guys for gifts
Message 7 of 49 (487 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
230 posts

Apr 3, 2009
Y'know, the Poster of this topic said for people on your friends list . If people are smart, they won't accept random adds.
Photobucket
Message 8 of 49 (487 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
628 posts

Apr 3, 2009
would be an awesome to see something like this implemented in Home. Can bet there would be another idiot screen however. Stating something along the lines of "you are about to send this item as a gift, you do not get to keep this item and your wallet is charged the cost, No refunds for Digital purchases...are you certain you want to continue?"
Home is a failure, on the bright side its a free babysitter.

PS3 Trophies
Message 9 of 49 (487 Views)