Hekseville Citizen
254 posts

Re: GAY GIRLS UNITED - NEW CLUB

Sep 6, 2012
LOL homosexual heterosexuals? I meant homophobic heterosexuals. My head is totally elsewhere today Smiley Tongue
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not German or Dutch! Elfen Lied is an anime!
Message 31 of 84 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1691 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 6, 2012

xElfenLied wrote:

Gay, bi, Asexual, pansexual, lesbian, trans, qu33r (not even sure why it censors out when there's nothing wrong with the word), demisexual, bigender, androgynous, etc.

Never heard of that one before.

It's my personal feeling that these sorts of clubs that exclude members based off certain characteristics that define them personally (gender, race, ethnicity, sexuality, etc.) are descrimatory and should not even be allowed on the Playstation Network at all because they promote a segregated atmosphere where classes of people feel ostracized and unwelcomed in the Community, based off certain characteristics they have no control over. I know for a fact certain types of  groups are prohibited, so there's no saying SONY doesn't have the authority to prohibit types of groups it deems fit.

That's the HR coming out of me.

*EDIT*

And of course the STRAIGHT GIRLS UNITED - NEW CLUB thread was immediately taken down. Gotta love that political correctness.

Message 32 of 84 (465 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Sep 6, 2012

While I'm not an advocate of exclusion in any form, if someone has taken the time and money to create a PRIVATE club - "private" is the operative term here - then they have the right to include or excude anyone they see fit for any reason whatsoever.

Chances are though that you'll end very lonely in a club with no people if you continually exlcude or block people from joining.

---------------
It's not enough to leave this falling kindly
You burn my star down twice as brightly
It's just your half light undertow
But if you need forgiveness....
...I don't know
Message 33 of 84 (435 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 6, 2012

xElfenLied wrote:

This group should be an LGBTQ club though, not a gay girls club. Gay, bi, Asexual, pansexual, lesbian, trans, qu33r (not even sure why it censors out when there's nothing wrong with the word), demisexual, bigender, androgynous, etc. should have a place to go and talk about LGBTQ politics on Home. I think you would have a better chance at the club.

No. Membership criteria is decided by the club's owner. jen_cullen is not violating the Terms of Use.

If you want an LGBWTFBBQ club, start it yourself.

Grand_Moff wrote:
It's my personal feeling that these sorts of clubs that exclude members based off certain characteristics that define them personally (gender, race, ethnicity, sexuality, etc.) are descrimatory and should not even be allowed on the Playstation Network at all because they promote a segregated atmosphere where classes of people feel ostracized and unwelcomed in the Community, based off certain characteristics they have no control over. I know for a fact certain types of  groups are prohibited, so there's no saying SONY doesn't have the authority to prohibit types of groups it deems fit.

That's the HR coming out of me.

*EDIT*

And of course the STRAIGHT GIRLS UNITED - NEW CLUB thread was immediately taken down. Gotta love that political correctness.

People are going to be excluded from certain groups. Discrimination is unavoidable. Boohoo.

Did someone actually create that club, or was it a thread made to mock **********?

Edit: Name removed

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 34 of 84 (424 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 6, 2012

StardustChampion wrote 

Did someone actually create that club, or was it a thread made to mock **********?

Edit: Name removed

Based on the fact that it was removed very quickly from the forum I'm pretty sure it was a mockery thread.   :/

---------------
It's not enough to leave this falling kindly
You burn my star down twice as brightly
It's just your half light undertow
But if you need forgiveness....
...I don't know
Message 35 of 84 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Sep 6, 2012

Melpoe wrote:

FamedRolemodel wrote:

EdwCarnby.

I completely agree with you.

I just don't understand people who try to seek "peace" yet they are so judgemental. Why does gender matter at all when all you're doing is keeping peace? Unless this is something similar to girl scouts / boy scouts? It doesn't make sense to me. And it definitely will be awfully hard to do this on home since you can't exactly verify which gender they actually are.

I'm all for being peaceful, but targeting only one gender will not lead to it. And it's quite frankly immature. But that's my opinion, I just thought I'd voice out my view on this whole thing.

Totally agree. I wouldn't join a white male only club, or a purely heterosexual club.

It's fun to mix and match. Why not focus on likes/hobbies, instead of a basic character trait that varies from person-to-person?

I'd like to add; this can't be healthy. To have a club that promotes this sort of isolation amongst your sexuality. I know it's just for the club meets, or whatever, but it's still there.

Exactly.. and it's as i said before.. We are all a community in this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Honor means that a man is not exceptional; fame, that he is.
Fame is something which must be won; honor, only something which must not be lost."
Photobucket
Message 36 of 84 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
1148 posts

Sep 6, 2012

I believe Jen is trying to create a Club, where Women can mingle without suffering abuse.

Although there are too many women on Home who use vulgarity, the gender which is truly consistently abusive is Male.

After two years on Home, 90% of the abuse and molestation I have seen done to Women,  is committted by Males.

You wonder why Jen would like to create a haven only for Women on Home ?

I have seen Women (including myself) threatened with Death, to be "Sexed", and have their Children "sexed".

Called every foul name in the book,  have disgusting descriptions of sex acts the Male wishes to do to us, stalked, and propositioned.

This stuff occurs 24/7 on Home. A lot of it.

Home is Safe ? Not acording to the feelings of quite a few Women.

I have talked to Women in Chat, messages thru the XMB, on the Phone, and one Lady in person.

Some will never come back on Home. Some won't come back without their Mates. Some sit home and cry, because of the abuse they have suffered on Home.

I have Personal Spaces for several reasons. I like to decorate,  and I know there is a place where I am "safe".

Silly of me to get to a Personal Space, and say " I'm Safe ". But, there it is.

Do you all really think Home is " Family Friendly " ? Get your heads out of the sand.

Home is not " Safe " (note : quotation marks) for many Women.

Home is definitely not Safe (no quotation marks) for Children.

btw: From this Forum, I know Conrad, in Home. He is always polite, never vulgar, and at times very funny.

I see him not as a Male, but simply as Conrad. He doesn't threaten, abuse, or push people into corners.

There are other men like Conrad on Home. Just too few of them.

But, there it is.

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 37 of 84 (254 Views)
PlayStation Support
6759 posts

Sep 6, 2012

Guys, 

This is just a reminder to please keep the discussion respectful.

Thanks

traWnza

Message 38 of 84 (248 Views)
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Sep 6, 2012

I'm not sure why a person shouldn't have a gay themed club if they want to. The only people who will be members are those who are interested, so why should anyone else have a problem with it? Sure home was not intended for that, but home was not intended for a lot of things people do. It was not intended for organized fams, nor was it intended for heterosexual people to run around trying to hook up for virtual sex... or whatever they think they are going to get.

Beyond what is stared in the terms of service, Sony makes no attempts to direct the type of activities people should be doing. They offer games, rewards, and dlc to buy. But whether you want to be in a fam or a gay club, they don't care. I see things on home that I wouldn't agree with for myself. But I remind myself that Home wasn't created just for me, and I have no right to decide that another person's interest is right or wrong. It's up to Sony to determine whether it's ok with their rules or not.

Message 39 of 84 (236 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1136 posts

Sep 6, 2012

Smiley Very Happy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like waffles
Message 40 of 84 (220 Views)
0 Likes