Uncharted Territory
1570 posts

Re: GAY BASHING IN HOME HAS TO STOP TODAY,IMPLEMENT 0 TOLERANCE FOR BASHERS!

Oct 8, 2009

SOOPERGOOMAN187 wrote:

Y'know everyday when I go into home it says up in the corner E for Everyone. Well that is not true as Myself and a lot of friends of mine get BASHED ON for being either GAY or BISEXUAL. Sometimes these people say that we all should be murdered or that we are filled with diseases. I think it is UNFAIR and is getting way to common. Two friends of mine were Banned today for a month over apparently sexually harassing others. But why would they I ask? Why would they hit on others when they are a couple themselves. No it's people making FALSE REPORTS over and over so that the MODS think MY friends are up to no good. I just came from Home, I was in talking to a friends of mine explaining how my two friends were banned for being GAY. Then out of nowhere two users decide to try to BASH ME! I am too smart for that tactic and gave them facts from history illustrating just how wrong they were. These to fellows called me everything, Cursed on me, called me A F******* **bleep** and told me I SHOULD DIE and that I'm an abomination or that they want to GUT ME or Stab Me. This is totally wrong SONY. If I want to go on Home and if myself and my GAY friends want to go on Home we should be treated to the same DIGNITY and RESPECT that everyone else seems to get readily without question. I reported those guys for Sexual Harassment, will they get a BAN. I DOUBT IT VERY MUCH. Will they continue to Harass me and other people with he same disposition, YES. You can bet your bottom dollar that they will.

I know people will flame this thread but someone has to take a STAND AGAINST SEXUAL RACISM TODAY. I am taking that stand and will be contacting the Higher Ups at the Foster City Headquarters. That you can bet on.

People who harass others because of the LIFESTYLE and CULTURE they CHOOSE should get a YEAR BAN! Hands down that should be the rules

Wow!
I am shocked...
Really?
Your going to bring this to Home? (Even thou it has been there for ever)
I mean this is not even face to face...
All I can say is what everyone is saying...
Report... Ignore... And walk away with a happy face saying to yourself, "What a **bleep** bag."
 I have a couple gay friends but it has never bothered me...
So what if their different?
I mean really we "ALL" are different...
It is like hating the guy next to you for favoring the #2, while you favorite the #1....
Really?
How stupid...
I feel really bad, man...
I really do...
But I feel really bad for those ignorant jerks...
I may believe that they have no lives...
But oh well!
Remember this always!
Report... Ignore... And walk away smiling, (Mostly because our avatars are smiling non-stop) And say to yourself what a **bleep** bag!Smiley Tongue 

Message 21 of 27 (2 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1115 posts

Oct 8, 2009
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. As much as anyone wants it to stop there is no way to stop it. Its the same with racism. You just have to ignore or block those users.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 22 of 27 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
406 posts

Oct 8, 2009
OH NO, some one said pray... AHHHHH. Every one fear prayer because its arrogant...hahahahahaha thats ridiculous. Look out, atheists hate prayer so dont do it!!! Hahahahahaha
If there were no absolutes then the universe itself would not hold together.

Message 23 of 27 (2 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1570 posts

Oct 8, 2009

JayJacobK wrote:

CRUNKRIS wrote:

Your Right, the Gay Bashing needs to stop and NOW!! I get bashed by gays all the time and its wrong.

For some reason, the gays on home love to flaunt that they are gay. When someone offers info like "IM gay" (not sure what they want my response to be, maybe they want me to invite them over or something) I tell them "I'll Pray for You". Next thing I know I have 5 people surrounding me telling Its wrong to pray for him. Im all like, so I can't pray for someone? And they are like no, you need to pray for tolerance. And IM all like I can pray for who I want and then im told im being reported for religious abuse.

And how is it that all my friends who are in a discussion about homosexuality on Home and who happen to disagree with it either are told they are being reported for religious abuse or hate speech or are pulled by a Mod to their private space to get a talking about Their "Hate Speech". My friends have been banned for disagreeing with homosexuality.

I agree. The bashing needs to stop. Gays need to stop bashing those who disagree with them. They need to realize, being anti-gay doesn't mean ur anti-gay people. I don't like smoking and cigarette smoke, but it doesn't mean I hate people who smoke.

and did u say "sexual racism"? what is that? Gay isn't a race.

Message Edited by CRUNKRIS on 10-07-2009 08:27 PM

Saying "I'll pray for you" is an extremely arrogant an insensitive thing to say. You make it sound as if homosexuality is a disease that you want people to be rid of. Don't try to be smug by sugar coating the true meanings in your phrases. I'm sure you weren't praying for them to find god or win the lottery.
Message Edited by JayJacobK on 10-07-2009 10:43 PM

What the?
You really just did this?
He says that because he hates they are being treated like this...
Are you also one of those guys that believe the halocuast didn't happen?
Please if your just going to post negativity leave...

Message 24 of 27 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Oct 8, 2009

SOOPERGOOMAN187 wrote:

Y'know everyday when I go into home it says up in the corner E for Everyone. Well that is not true as Myself and a lot of friends of mine get BASHED ON for being either GAY or BISEXUAL. Sometimes these people say that we all should be murdered or that we are filled with diseases. I think it is UNFAIR and is getting way to common. Two friends of mine were Banned today for a month over apparently sexually harassing others. But why would they I ask? Why would they hit on others when they are a couple themselves. No it's people making FALSE REPORTS over and over so that the MODS think MY friends are up to no good. I just came from Home, I was in talking to a friends of mine explaining how my two friends were banned for being GAY. Then out of nowhere two users decide to try to BASH ME! I am too smart for that tactic and gave them facts from history illustrating just how wrong they were. These to fellows called me everything, Cursed on me, called me A F******* **bleep** and told me I SHOULD DIE and that I'm an abomination or that they want to GUT ME or Stab Me. This is totally wrong SONY. If I want to go on Home and if myself and my GAY friends want to go on Home we should be treated to the same DIGNITY and RESPECT that everyone else seems to get readily without question. I reported those guys for Sexual Harassment, will they get a BAN. I DOUBT IT VERY MUCH. Will they continue to Harass me and other people with he same disposition, YES. You can bet your bottom dollar that they will.

I know people will flame this thread but someone has to take a STAND AGAINST SEXUAL RACISM TODAY. I am taking that stand and will be contacting the Higher Ups at the Foster City Headquarters. That you can bet on.

People who harass others because of the LIFESTYLE and CULTURE they CHOOSE should get a YEAR BAN! Hands down that should be the rules

People don't get banned for others making false reports against them. Obviously a Mod spotted wrongdoing on the part of your friends. Even if they were just fighting back, they can get in trouble also.

That right there shows a complete lack of intelligence. You're friends weren't banned for being gay. Yet another example of someone using every bad thing that happens to or around them to accuse others of discrimination. What's next, you going to claim Kellogs is "gay bashing"  because you didn't get the toy in the bottom of your cereal?  Grow the hell up.

gay/bisexual  is not a race 

also just what exactly does a persons sexual preference have to do with video games at all? Home would be a lot better if people would just shut the hell up about topics like Politics, Religion and Sexuality. Discussion of any one of them is bound to get you attacked.

You want "zero tolerance"? I want "Don't Ask, Don't Tell and just talk about/play the gd games".

Get your Portable ID!
youtube.com/ss4kain
Message 25 of 27 (2 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5465 posts

Oct 8, 2009
Doesn't matter what you are, no matter where you are in life, be it Home or at the supermarket, jackasses will prosper and try to bring you down to cover for their own insecurities. It's been that way since the beginning of time.
Photobucket
Message 26 of 27 (2 Views)
Highlighted
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
2875 posts

Oct 8, 2009

SOOPERGOOMAN187 wrote:

This sounds like a reply from the Voice of Mod is needed.

Gay bashing, and let's be frank here, that is exactly what you are describing, is not tolerated at all in Home. It's a form of Hate Speech, just as is verbally abusing someone for what religion they follow, what color their skin is, their country of origin, gender, etc is. I'm very sorry for your bad experience, but do know that if you submit a report on someone, the internal Moderation team does get, verify, and properly handle the offenders. After you submit a report (thank you Darki643 for mentioning how), I always suggest Muting the offender, so the unnecessary verbal assault is silenced immediately. 

As for your friends allegedly punished for sexual comments (which falls into Sexual Harassment), I cannot go into their specific case for privacy reasons (and I don't even know who you are referring to), but do know this: we have a very thorough, objective and fair process to ensure that everyone gets the due diligence they deserve. Still, if they feel there might be a mistake, the proper channel for them to take up is by contacting Customer Service.

I hope that helps!

Remember everyone, you help us improve Home by submitting a report whenever you experience an offensive situation, but don't be afraid to Mute offensive people to quickly silence them. 

Submitting a Report: 

Hit Select right after experiencing it > Submit a Report > Choose ID of offender and closest guess to the nature of Offense, and Submit! We just need 1 report per incident, even if multiple offenders were involved. We sweep all reports for all offenses.

Muting others:

Hit UP on the left arrow pad, highlight the Offender's ID in the chat log, Hit X, in the little menu, select Mute! 

Message 27 of 27 (2 Views)