Highlighted
Oct 07 2009
By: SOOPERGOOMAN187 Hekseville Citizen 360 posts

GAY BASHING IN HOME HAS TO STOP TODAY,IMPLEMENT 0 TOLERANCE FOR BASHERS!

26 replies 16 views Edited Oct 7, 2009

Y'know everyday when I go into home it says up in the corner E for Everyone. Well that is not true as Myself and a lot of friends of mine get BASHED ON for being either GAY or BISEXUAL. Sometimes these people say that we all should be murdered or that we are filled with diseases. I think it is UNFAIR and is getting way to common. Two friends of mine were Banned today for a month over apparently sexually harassing others. But why would they I ask? Why would they hit on others when they are a couple themselves. No it's people making FALSE REPORTS over and over so that the MODS think MY friends are up to no good. I just came from Home, I was in talking to a friends of mine explaining how my two friends were banned for being GAY. Then out of nowhere two users decide to try to BASH ME! I am too smart for that tactic and gave them facts from history illustrating just how wrong they were. These to fellows called me everything, Cursed on me, called me A F******* **bleep** and told me I SHOULD DIE and that I'm an abomination or that they want to GUT ME or Stab Me. This is totally wrong SONY. If I want to go on Home and if myself and my GAY friends want to go on Home we should be treated to the same DIGNITY and RESPECT that everyone else seems to get readily without question. I reported those guys for Sexual Harassment, will they get a BAN. I DOUBT IT VERY MUCH. Will they continue to Harass me and other people with he same disposition, YES. You can bet your bottom dollar that they will.

I know people will flame this thread but someone has to take a STAND AGAINST SEXUAL RACISM TODAY. I am taking that stand and will be contacting the Higher Ups at the Foster City Headquarters. That you can bet on.

People who harass others because of the LIFESTYLE and CULTURE they CHOOSE should get a YEAR BAN! Hands down that should be the rules

Photobucket
Message 1 of 27 (16 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1415 posts

Re: GAY BASHING IN HOME HAS TO STOP TODAY,IMPLEMENT 0 TOLERANCE FOR BASHERS!

Oct 7, 2009
simple solution. dont tell people you're gay.
Message Edited by d3t0x_08 on 10-07-2009 03:44 PM
Photobucket
" I think I'm Paul Pierce, I think I'm Rondo, high off the headband you dying on that hydro" - Spitta
Message 2 of 27 (16 Views)
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Oct 7, 2009

When you see someone using a derogatory comment against you, face the 3rd person camera toward the offender and press the select button. Home will pauses briefly. The pause happens because it it taking a snapshot of your screen for the Mods to use as evidence. When the menu pops up from you pressing select, click "submit a report" and type in a comment describing the situation. After that, just add them to your ignore list and do nothing else. That is the best advice anyone can give you.

This is by no means a shot to you but, posting complaints of that nature on the forums don't do much. You will get much better results by using the "Submit a report function within HOME.

Message 3 of 27 (16 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Oct 7, 2009

Let's face it: Home is a genuine example of all kinds of social issues in the world--racism, homophobia, xenophobia, chauvinism, misogyny, etc.

I'm going to tell you what I'll tell others: Report them, ignore them, and move on.

That's how it's been for girls since home's inception. 

Message 4 of 27 (16 Views)
I Only Post Everything
855 posts

Oct 7, 2009
Bad response detox. Well just as in r/l if you believe strongly about something ppl may hate you. A true test of your character is resolving conflict. Forcing tolerance is no more moral than forcing intolerence. If you were strong enough to come out in r/l than you can deal with Home trolling. BTW have you considered muting them?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 27 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1608 posts

Oct 7, 2009
I get what you're saying, and it isn't right that they do this. The problem isn't Sony, though. The problem is the users and the lack of moderators. I'd be willing to say that hundreds of reports are filed daily, and all of those reports have to be sifted through by the what, 5 or 6 moderators? The best thing to do right now is to report, ignore, and move on. As for hiding who you are, nobody should have to do that, so don't.
Carpe diem post crastinum

Get your Portable ID!
Message 6 of 27 (16 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2120 posts

Oct 7, 2009
Heres a Question.....HOW DO PEOPLE KNOW YOU ARE GAY ON HOME??? I mean no offense but Does ones sexuality have Anything to do with gaming??? Just one other note, Just do you man. People have bad stuff to say about Everything, If you were a straight Mexican Midget or a Football player or Whatever someones gonna have something to say. I run into Racist on Home alot, I just keep it moving and block them.
" PS4 CREED"
This is my PS4.There are many like it but this one is mine. My PS4 is my best friend.It is my life.I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my PS4 is useless. Without my PS3 I am useless. I must fire my dual shock true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to frag me. I must shoot him before he shoots me.I will before Sony swear this creed. My PS4 and myself are defenders of my clan. we are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life. So be it until there is no Console War but peace. Amen.
Message 7 of 27 (16 Views)
Gaming Beast
2137 posts

Oct 7, 2009

d3t0x_08 wrote:

Uh, WRONG! I don't tell people that I'm gay but I get bashed on. Usually by male avatars but the occasional female one too. They come up to me because of how my avatar looks and the colour I picked to have my font in. This almost always happens only in central plaza and the people doing it are usually wearing the generic default avatars.

I guess evangelical Christians in the US are pretty successful in their anti-gay rhetoric and crusade against 'sexual deviants':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxSz22OCCQ8&feature=player_profilepage

I wish the US was more like Canada or Northern/Western Europe in this regard. BTW I haven't been harrassed at all in Asia or Japan Home while using the same avatar in similar clothing and same colour font. No one comes up to me and says anything. I haven't had the experience in Europe Home as well but I don't spend enough time there. 

Message Edited by djepic112 on 10-07-2009 04:11 PM
Photobucket
Message 8 of 27 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
760 posts

Oct 8, 2009
Unfortunately people's attitudes are going to have to change OUTSIDE of Home before things get better in it.  I agree that any form of bashing needs to stop, but in reality there really is no way to control it 100%.  The only thing that I can honestly say is to block, report, and mosey on along, even if that means leaving the instance.  Don't be in the mindset that they "win" because they "forced" you out, think of it as going somewhere better, and their not invited.  Smiley Very Happy 
Message 9 of 27 (16 Views)
Fender Bender
2897 posts

Oct 8, 2009

d3t0x_08 wrote:
Message Edited by d3t0x_08 on 10-07-2009 03:44 PM

100% true. I know that "the other console's" moderators will ban you if you put ANYTHING regarding sexuality in your profile, or so I've heard. There's really no reason for it to be brought up in Home in the first place. And if people start bashing others without it being brought up, report, ignore and move on. 

Message 10 of 27 (16 Views)