Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Re: Funny how quickly some of you diehards have switched sides...

Jun 11, 2013

The road map for Home is fine but after the PS4 is released is where it gets foggy.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 61 of 84 (337 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

The road map for Home is fine but after the PS4 is released is where it gets foggy.

I'll be glad when the week is over so the speculation will stop. This gets old and the community should be told what to expect. Most of us are big boys and girls and can deal with knowing what's coming. 

I have a pretty good sense of what's coming. I have no official word but I sure can read body language and vibes! Today was a wonderful day for PlaySation. I wish we could have added Home to the list of good news. 

Smiley Happy

Message 62 of 84 (325 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Jun 11, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

I'll be glad when the week is over so the speculation will stop. This gets old and the community should be told what to expect. Most of us are big boys and girls and can deal with the knowing what's coming. 

I have a pretty good sense of what's coming. I have no official word but I sure can read body language and vibes! Smiley Happy

Friday. I still have something to say then..

HomeStationMagazine
Message 63 of 84 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jun 11, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

Friday. I still have something to say then..

I know. Smiley Happy

Message 64 of 84 (311 Views)
VP of Gaming
34148 posts

Jun 11, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

unfortunate that the fog happens to be covering the edge of a canyon.

either they build a bridge for Home from the PS3 to PS4 or its just going to fall and die.

Message 65 of 84 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
636 posts

Jun 11, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

A leap of faith might be required. 

Message 66 of 84 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2651 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2013

bookepride wrote:

When Home closes, are you guys gonna sell your PS3s since some of you don't play games...

I'll still need it to play Blurays.

castle3
Message 67 of 84 (256 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4521 posts

Jun 11, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

I'll be glad when the week is over so the speculation will stop. This gets old and the community should be told what to expect. Most of us are big boys and girls and can deal with knowing what's coming. 

The speculation will never end until we finally have leadership, managment and a Home staff that values customer relations and actually talks to us about issues wuth the service and what they are doing to improve and promote it - but based on the last couple years it appears they don't care.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 68 of 84 (222 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Jun 11, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

The speculation will never end until we finally have leadership, managment and a Home staff that values customer relations and actually talks to us about issues wuth the service and what they are doing to improve and promote it - but based on the last couple years it appears they don't care.

Can you really blame them?

The minute the staff announces Home is finished, purchases will drop in the toilet.

The service is still maintained. Cade announces the new content every Monday. It gets delivered like clockwork on Wednesday mornings. There are 2-3 patches a year. I don't know why you expect them to tell an end user like yourself anything more.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 69 of 84 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4392 posts

Jun 11, 2013

No matter what happens this week, Home as we know it is dead, at the launch of the PS4.

Think about it.

The PS4 will not be backwards compatible with PS3 software.  This we know.

Home was designed for the PS3.

Even if there is a Home announced for the PS4, it will not be this Home.  It will be a whole new Home, and everyone would be starting from scratch again.

Everything you have accumulated in this Home would not transfer over.  It is highly unlikely that they would re-develop PS4 versions of Appts and items and let you have them for free, just because you bought such on the PS3 Home.

So this Home would be dead.  It may still exist for years on the PS3 after the PS4 release, but it would have a limited future.

So if you are worrying about what will happen to your investment in Home, I can tell you right now, it is gone.  No matter if there is a PS4 Home or not.

So really, what does it matter what Sony says.  The information you need is already been released to you, just read between the lines.  The PS3 Home, and everything in it, has no real future after this year.

Sorry, but that is the hard facts.  I know many here were huge fans of Home, and I know it will not be easy to say goodbye.  Maybe there will be a new meeting place on the new console, but it most certainly will not be the same.

Just remember the good times you had here, and keep your friends on your friends list to keep in touch.  All good things must come to an end.  Life moves on.  I guess Home members will have to as well.  It won't be easy, I know.

Be One With The Game.

Message 70 of 84 (172 Views)