Treasure Hunter
5870 posts

Re: Friends apartment wardrobe.

[ Edited ]
Nov 10, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I think she is joking. I would hope so! Smiley Wink

Part me of thinks she is and another part of me thinks she isn't, lol.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 11 of 24 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2291 posts

Nov 10, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

ooOHinataOoo wrote:

Is that for real, Kat? Smiley Surprised

hehe, sorry.  I'm just being silly.
Message 12 of 24 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5870 posts

Nov 10, 2012

Lol, it's okay, Kat. I like it. It was funny. No need to apologize. Cat Happy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 13 of 24 (171 Views)
Fender Bender
3075 posts

Nov 10, 2012

KatCall75 wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

ooOHinataOoo wrote:

I couldn't tell if you were joking or not because that is a real fear some people have. It's called coulrophobia to be exact. I knew someone like that and she was so afraid of clowns that she wouldn't answer the door on Halloween in fear some kid might be dressed as one.

bobs fed signature
Message 14 of 24 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 11, 2012

Conrad_Max wrote:

Crazy-88 wrote:

backpacks attached to our backs instead of hands...

This allows us to wear any shirt or top while using a backpack.

In the old days of Home, the backpacks were part of the torso/tops. We had no control of the shirt we wore if we wanted to have a backpack. Now we do. And so it is practical.

There's a reason for everything. 

Anybody with a lick of programming knowledge knows that ANYTHING in digital worlds can be sorted by category(ie: Back slot in Wardrobe for wings/backpacks, etc.), meaning our Wardrobe is pathetically under-sorted. The OP is pointing out there's also no programming reasoning behind the wardrobe lock in personal spaces, if we can do it in laggy public ones, as well as clubhouse spaces.

Yes, there is a reason for everything, but you answer anything, with knowledge of nothing, and asumption of everything. ^.^

edit: inflammatory comment removed

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 15 of 24 (141 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Nov 10, 2012
It would make more sense to be able to do that,would make it more realistic.. i hope this will be allowed in the future,
Photobucket
Message 16 of 24 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Nov 10, 2012

KatCall75 wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

ooOHinataOoo wrote:

Coulrophobia (the irrational fear of clowns) is no joke. Remember, Johnson got fired over this.

imagesCAC230VP.jpg

Message 17 of 24 (99 Views)
Highlighted
Survivor
1924 posts

Nov 11, 2012

KatCall75 wrote:

Has anyone ever figured out a practical reason why we can't do this?

From what I understand about this, the way ps home works is that when you are in a private apartment, the apartment owner's ps3 takes alot of the workload from the main server and serves as host for the visiting ps3. It's not 100% hosting, but I think stuff like audio, avatar position and stuff like that are being run by the apartment owner's ps3.

So the apartment owner's ps3 can't provide the data that you would need to access your wardrobe.

At least that was what someone once explained to me. But it makes sense to me. Because one of my friends has a seriously expensive high bandwidth connection. And when we visit her, the connection is alot better. We can play music for the group and the sound is clear and stable. 5 by 5. 

Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 24 (76 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Nov 11, 2012

Yes because were on Private servers and not Public servers... There is a big difference in Private and Public!

Just saying!  Not gonna happen!

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 19 of 24 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4509 posts

Nov 11, 2012

F1REFLY_SEREN1TY wrote:

KatCall75 wrote:

Has anyone ever figured out a practical reason why we can't do this?

From what I understand about this, the way ps home works is that when you are in a private apartment, the apartment owner's ps3 takes alot of the workload from the main server and serves as host for the visiting ps3. It's not 100% hosting, but I think stuff like audio, avatar position and stuff like that are being run by the apartment owner's ps3.

So the apartment owner's ps3 can't provide the data that you would need to access your wardrobe.

At least that was what someone once explained to me. But it makes sense to me. Because one of my friends has a seriously expensive high bandwidth connection. And when we visit her, the connection is alot better. We can play music for the group and the sound is clear and stable. 5 by 5. 

Smiley Happy

Yet another example of how badly Home managers are at communicating with their customers on issues in Home.   This topic has been talked about since Home was launched and to this day not a single official statement from any Home mangers has been made to explain why we can't access our wardrobe while visiting someone's space.  Thus for years now all we have are endless posts and threads complaining about it and speculating on all the possible reasons for it.  The way Sony manages Home is truly unbelievable.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 20 of 24 (44 Views)