Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 04/16/2009
Offline
362 posts
 

Re: Free Test Drive Week in Home Tycoon!

Feb 19, 2013
So the premium cars are faster than the one we will get to test drive?

I have never bought any cars because I disliked how the firetruck and ambulance drove, I am just wondering if the race cars handle any different?
___________________________________________
Message 11 of 31 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/17/2009
Online
3150 posts
 

Re: Free Test Drive Week in Home Tycoon!

Feb 19, 2013

I don't have any of the High end cars, yet there was a test drive, yet if HOME bleeped when you took it you never get to try again, and Im not really interested in racing in HOME tycoon yet it just seems wierd to me that in order to have a drivable car in this game you have to spend money... I have spent money on a car and have gifted to a few friends so they can get cars, yet I really wish that you (Helfire) had given out just one basic car, only because its a staple of Sim city type games... As Mayor, you should have the opertunity to drive threw your city any time you like... 

 

Speaking of Mayors... My game has been Glitched since it came out... Non of my Cities have a Mayor employed at its Mayors office, can you tell me why that is please Hellfire? I am pretty good at these kinda games and I have been baffeled for months as to Why I have no Mayors when My city's are so Productive. 

Photobucket
Message 12 of 31 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Hellfire Developer
Registered: 02/18/2011
Offline
775 posts
 

Re: Free Test Drive Week in Home Tycoon!

[ Edited ]
Feb 19, 2013

 


The_FPS wrote:
So the premium cars are faster than the one we will get to test drive?

I have never bought any cars because I disliked how the firetruck and ambulance drove, I am just wondering if the race cars handle any different?

Each car handles differently. The GS 828 is very fast, the Cilantro turns on a dime, the Bear Car lets you ride in the passenger seat with Bear from the Animals Gone Wild storyline, etc. The Basic Car is the most basic car, as you can imagine, but it'll get you from point A to point B much faster than on-foot. 

 


Patchex wrote:

I really wish that you (Helfire) had given out just one basic car, only because its a staple of Sim city type games

 

Speaking of Mayors... My game has been Glitched since it came out... Non of my Cities have a Mayor employed at its Mayors office, can you tell me why that is please Hellfire? I am pretty good at these kinda games and I have been baffeled for months as to Why I have no Mayors when My city's are so Productive. 


Hmmm... we can't think of any other 3D city-building game that lets you drive around. There was Streets of Sim City in 1997, though that was a racing/car combat game and widely regarded as the worst game Maxis ever made. SimCity 4's "driving" was 2D and pretty tame. Ours is more GTA-style driving, with stunt ramps and loops and nitro and perpetual online racing.
Not a glitch. YOU are the Mayor of your cities, and you're too busy building your city to stay at your Town Hall long enough to count as a resident employee. Smiley Wink
__________________________________________________________________________

Like Hellfire Games on Facebook and sign up for our e-mail newsletter for exclusive updates & giveaways!


Message 13 of 31 (192 Views)
Monster Hunter
Registered: 02/17/2013
Offline
11 posts
 

Re: Free Test Drive Week in Home Tycoon!

Feb 19, 2013

Novus-Cooldown wrote:

 


The_FPS wrote:
So the premium cars are faster than the one we will get to test drive?

I have never bought any cars because I disliked how the firetruck and ambulance drove, I am just wondering if the race cars handle any different?

Each car handles differently. The GS 828 is very fast, the Cilantro turns on a dime, the Bear Car lets you ride in the passenger seat with Bear from the Animals Gone Wild storyline, etc. The Basic Car is the most basic car, as you can imagine, but it'll get you from point A to point B much faster than on-foot. 

 


Patchex wrote:

I really wish that you (Helfire) had given out just one basic car, only because its a staple of Sim city type games

 

Speaking of Mayors... My game has been Glitched since it came out... Non of my Cities have a Mayor employed at its Mayors office, can you tell me why that is please Hellfire? I am pretty good at these kinda games and I have been baffeled for months as to Why I have no Mayors when My city's are so Productive. 


Hmmm... we can't think of any other 3D city-building game that lets you drive around. There was Streets of Sim City in 1997, though that was a racing/car combat game and widely regarded as the worst game Maxis ever made. SimCity 4's "driving" was 2D and pretty tame. Ours is more GTA-style driving, with stunt ramps and loops and nitro and perpetual online racing.
Not a glitch. YOU are the Mayor of your cities, and you're too busy building your city to stay at your Town Hall long enough to count as a resident employee. Smiley Wink

It would be fun if we can ram each other of the road. Its quite anniying when your racing with people and you hit their car and fly back, but i guess thats what i get for getting to close.

Message 14 of 31 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/08/2011
Offline
1649 posts
 

Re: Free Test Drive Week in Home Tycoon!

Feb 19, 2013

The_FPS wrote:
So the premium cars are faster than the one we will get to test drive?

I have never bought any cars because I disliked how the firetruck and ambulance drove, I am just wondering if the race cars handle any different?

Yes, they are.

 

Message 15 of 31 (183 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 09/10/2012
Offline
1317 posts
 

Re: Free Test Drive Week in Home Tycoon!

[ Edited ]
Feb 19, 2013

I just want to point out that this is actually very rare for a dev team to let us sample their goods. It would be nice if this became more commonplace on home. Even if it was only a 1 time 5 minute trial per item, it'd certainly sell me on alot more items than I currently purchase. Kudos Hellfire !!!!

Message 16 of 31 (180 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/20/2008
Offline
1507 posts
 

Re: Free Test Drive Week in Home Tycoon!

Feb 19, 2013

Very cool..THANK YOU GUYS!!...Smiley Wink

Old Gamers Don't Die... They Re Spawn...
Message 17 of 31 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/17/2009
Online
3150 posts
 

Re: Free Test Drive Week in Home Tycoon!

Feb 19, 2013


Novus-Cooldown wrote:

 


The_FPS wrote:
So the premium cars are faster than the one we will get to test drive?

I have never bought any cars because I disliked how the firetruck and ambulance drove, I am just wondering if the race cars handle any different?

Each car handles differently. The GS 828 is very fast, the Cilantro turns on a dime, the Bear Car lets you ride in the passenger seat with Bear from the Animals Gone Wild storyline, etc. The Basic Car is the most basic car, as you can imagine, but it'll get you from point A to point B much faster than on-foot. 

 


Patchex wrote:

I really wish that you (Helfire) had given out just one basic car, only because its a staple of Sim city type games

 

Speaking of Mayors... My game has been Glitched since it came out... Non of my Cities have a Mayor employed at its Mayors office, can you tell me why that is please Hellfire? I am pretty good at these kinda games and I have been baffeled for months as to Why I have no Mayors when My city's are so Productive. 


Hmmm... we can't think of any other 3D city-building game that lets you drive around. There was Streets of Sim City in 1997, though that was a racing/car combat game and widely regarded as the worst game Maxis ever made. SimCity 4's "driving" was 2D and pretty tame. Ours is more GTA-style driving, with stunt ramps and loops and nitro and perpetual online racing.
Not a glitch. YOU are the Mayor of your cities, and you're too busy building your city to stay at your Town Hall long enough to count as a resident employee. Smiley Wink

So Because I am a good Mayor it does not show me as having a Mayor in my Town Hall? That sounds wierd... A real Mayor does not spend all day in his town Hall yet they are still Mayor and still count as an employee...

 

Also Every Sim City game I have ever played did have driving and as you say it was pretty Tame, like I was saying, yet they all let you drive your city to see what it was like as Mayor from a street View. As for the Driving and Racing stuff, as I stated on your Facebook page, it is of Little intrest to me, thats why I purchased the Roads yet not the Racing add on... If I wanted Racing, it would most likely not be in HOME unless a Dev company comes out with real racing games, which I can say maybe you are the closest to that, yet its still not developed enough for me to really want to Race or spend extra money.  Plus with out many on my list playing the game due to over pricing, I have no one to race with anyway... And to call it GTA type Racing is an over statement... We have never had anything close to GTA in HOME, yet then again I do not own that add on so I cant say that for Sure...

 

As for the Folks who are thanking you for giving them free trial, thats cool and all, yet you advertized it as a free game from the start... Im not saying that the colored cars and Extra boost cars should be free, yet is there anyway you can discuss with your Dev team about giving one free Car with the game as a perminent add in. Nothing pretty or extra fast or anything just a simple free car for the mayor to cruze the city with Please. I already own more then one car, So you already got money from me for cars...yet lots of people do not, and I really think it should have been avalible from the start... 

 

I am Happy that you and your Team are as involved as you are... on that front you are doing great... 

 

PS I do love my Purple cane, its the first Female Item of its type that I have won and worn in HOME that has gold in it that I use, its well designed and fits my persinality well... (I do wish that the Amethyst Gemstone was mounted with Silver or Plat Gold... Yellow gold is not really my style.) However the Item is well made, and the Game Home tycoon is well made besides a few glitches here and there... you all are doing a great job... its just over priced and that dissapoints me... 

Photobucket
Message 18 of 31 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 03/02/2011
Offline
1346 posts
 

Re: Free Test Drive Week in Home Tycoon!

Feb 19, 2013
I was wondering how I got the basic car myself.I like it better than all the other cars I bought.
Message 19 of 31 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 05/27/2009
Offline
13184 posts
 

Re: Free Test Drive Week in Home Tycoon!

Feb 19, 2013

Question: will Free Cars will be ours forever?

 photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 20 of 31 (110 Views)
0 Likes