Feb 18 2013
By: Novus-Cooldown Hellfire Developer 775 posts

Free Test Drive Week in Home Tycoon!

[ Edited ]
30 replies 830 views Edited Feb 18, 2013

Free Test Drive Week

Drive for FREE in Home Tycoon during our Free Test Drive Week promotion! Starting now through Feb. 24, all players get the Basic Car unlocked for free to cruise around in any city, any time. No Gold Coins required! Smiley Very Happy

Like Hellfire Games on Facebook and sign up for our e-mail newsletter for exclusive updates & giveaways!

Message 1 of 31 (830 Views)
Fender Bender
3181 posts

Re: Free Test Drive Week in Home Tycoon!

Feb 18, 2013

After this week it will be back to being a Paid Item? Its cool your letting people Test Drive (wasn't the first Drive free too?, Mine Glitched and I got disconnected so I never did get my free drive back in the day.) , yet with all the other Paid content, couldn't you just give a Crappy one away for free? In all reg. Sim City Games the Driving is an extra that comes with out a Price. (then again in real Sim city games you don't actually drive it on a set track and you just view your city from the car with out any control of it. Yet also they could just run around in a Fire truck or ambulance... 

Photobucket
Message 2 of 31 (814 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3075 posts

Feb 18, 2013

I thought everyone already get the basic car for free anyways. At least I thought I got mine for free. I don't remember buying it, but I bought some the more costly cars later.

bobs fed signature
Message 3 of 31 (803 Views)
0 Likes
Hellfire Developer
775 posts

Feb 18, 2013

The Basic Car normally becomes available when Test Drive is unlocked through purchasing the Stunt Pack, Life in the Fast Lane expansion, Crime & Punishment expansion, or any premium car. This week it's free to drive as long as you want in any city (yours or someone else's), with no time limits.

Like Hellfire Games on Facebook and sign up for our e-mail newsletter for exclusive updates & giveaways!

Message 4 of 31 (795 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4834 posts

Feb 18, 2013

Smiley Sad   Aww. I was hoping to entice my none-tycoon friends into becoming tycoon regulars. Without the car's boost feature in the Free Test Drive Week there's no point to inviting them to my racetrack city. I have some sweet jumps they won't make. Oh well, maybe in the future HellFire will want some of my friends money.   Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 31 (773 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Feb 18, 2013

hyperkane wrote:

Smiley Sad   Aww. I was hoping to entice my none-tycoon friends into becoming tycoon regulars. Without the car's boost feature in the Free Test Drive Week there's no point to inviting them to my racetrack city.

They can always just get the Stunt Pack if they want Turbo Boost, unlimited Test Drive, and all the stunt ramps and loops. It's the cheapest expansion in the bunch! Or they can watch you jump those ramps in envy. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 31 (747 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3075 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 18, 2013

Novus-Cooldown wrote:

The Basic Car normally becomes available when Test Drive is unlocked through purchasing the Stunt Pack, Life in the Fast Lane expansion, Crime & Punishment expansion, or any premium car. This week it's free to drive as long as you want in any city (yours or someone else's), with no time limits.

At time I unlocked it though I hadn't bought any of the packs yet. I played the game without buying anything for the first couple of weeks just to see how far I could get on it. And I'm pretty possitive I already had the basic car in my possession. I remember I used to drive a car around and it wasn't just the ambulance or fire truck. I bought acouple of 2.99 coin packs and purchased acouple of vehicles maybe 2 weeks after Home Tycoon began but that's about it. I didn't buy any expansions until at least a month later. I have most of the packs now though and I intend to buy them all eventually. Well not the high rise or gold expansion because I made my city more like a small town or suburbs.

bobs fed signature
Message 7 of 31 (740 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3408 posts

Feb 19, 2013

Thanks, at least we get something free. I'll  be using this to my happy advantage now Smiley Happy

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 8 of 31 (702 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Feb 19, 2013
Noice Smiley Happy
Support Forums
Message 9 of 31 (679 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2038 posts

Feb 19, 2013
This will indeed be interesting, I'll finally have the chance to see what it's like to have the advantage of using a car. Cat Happy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 10 of 31 (658 Views)
0 Likes