Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 03/25/2010
Offline
1023 posts
 

Re: Free LMO's and more!! ( EU )

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2012

U2crazy4me wrote:

asfghjklEU wrote:
Could be because LBP is under SCEE's control. SCEA probably needs to ask and pay to SCEE, but doesn't want to.

 WHAT??? That makes no sense what so ever!! Its all the same company, Sony, they don't need to ask or pay themselves for anything its theirs plain and simple.. Those titles are just their business registrations for each region they do business in and have branches in.. It's funny, it seems like so many of you forget the fact that Sony is a Japanese company and that is where their main headquarters is NOT NA or EU.. And not to sound totally mean but the person that Kudo'd you for this is dumber for having done so!


Although they have the same Sony brand name, each region is operated seperately. The game IP stuff I really don't know, but I think the production stuff is operated and under the direction where that studio is located. I can't confirm it right now, but I think it displays SCEE in it's copyright, and SCEA in distribution in the NA released LBP games.

 

Another example could be "Demon's Souls". The game IP was created by SCE Japan Studio and From software, and was released by SCEJ, but SCEA and SCEE didn't pick it up. It was released by Atlus in US, Bandai Namco in EU. Why is that?

Message 21 of 81 (345 Views)
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/28/2006
Offline
34148 posts
 

Re: Free LMO's and more!! ( EU )

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2012

U2crazy4me wrote:

asfghjklEU wrote:
Could be because LBP is under SCEE's control. SCEA probably needs to ask and pay to SCEE, but doesn't want to.

 WHAT??? That makes no sense what so ever!! Its all the same company, Sony, they don't need to ask or pay themselves for anything its theirs plain and simple.. Those titles are just their business registrations for each region they do business in and have branches in.. It's funny, it seems like so many of you forget the fact that Sony is a Japanese company and that is where their main headquarters is NOT NA or EU.. And not to sound totally mean but the person that Kudo'd you for this is dumber for having done so!


disregard this post. my brain turned off for a second and i misread what you had posted.


Message 22 of 81 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/28/2009
Offline
5016 posts
 

Re: Free LMO's and more!! ( EU )

Nov 8, 2012

U know u all wouldn't be complaing about this if someone hadn't posted this on USA Forums!

 

If u goto EU forums they say the same things when USA Home gets stuff they Don't!  If someone didn't post it on EU forums they wouldn't of known USA had SO and SO!  And vise versa!

 

So for the general Public it's not always a good thing to post about other regions have this or have nots!  Someone's always gonna conplain that one has something the other doesn't!

 

This will always be the case. Our Regions are not the same and sooner people learn that fact the better off were all gonna be!

 

If all Home Regions were the same... Who would want to visit other regions if there exact?  Really!

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 23 of 81 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/28/2009
Offline
609 posts
 

Re: Free LMO's and more!! ( EU )

Nov 8, 2012

Will we ever get this stuff?...Maybe. Will it be for free?...hmm...im not holding my breath.

Its funny, there was a whole thread on wanting more game related content in home a week ago. Apparently they thought we wanted Sports Champions 2 & not lpb karting. Smiley Very Happy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 24 of 81 (328 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/28/2006
Offline
34148 posts
 

Re: Free LMO's and more!! ( EU )

Nov 8, 2012

DCS-Tekken wrote:

U know u all wouldn't be complaing about this if someone hadn't posted this on USA Forums!

 

If u goto EU forums they say the same things when USA Home gets stuff they Don't!  If someone didn't post it on EU forums they wouldn't of known USA had SO and SO!  And vise versa!

 

So for the general Public it's not always a good thing to post about other regions have this or have nots!  Someone's always gonna conplain that one has something the other doesn't!

 

This will always be the case. Our Regions are not the same and sooner people learn that fact the better off were all gonna be!

 

If all Home Regions were the same... Who would want to visit other regions if there exact?  Really!


they want the crap we have? then let them have it.

id gladly sacrifice any future promo event for a snack food or drink for the LBPK promo event.

 

the grass may appear to be greener on our side, but its actually astroturf. it looks nice from a distance, but upclose its cheap, tacky and boring.


Message 25 of 81 (325 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 01/14/2010
Offline
362 posts
 

Re: Free LMO's and more!! ( EU )

Nov 8, 2012

nagon111 wrote:

U2crazy4me wrote:

asfghjklEU wrote:
Could be because LBP is under SCEE's control. SCEA probably needs to ask and pay to SCEE, but doesn't want to.

 WHAT??? That makes no sense what so ever!! Its all the same company, Sony, they don't need to ask or pay themselves for anything its theirs plain and simple.. Those titles are just their business registrations for each region they do business in and have branches in.. It's funny, it seems like so many of you forget the fact that Sony is a Japanese company and that is where their main headquarters is NOT NA or EU.. And not to sound totally mean but the person that Kudo'd you for this is dumber for having done so!


Although they have the same Sony brand name, each region is operated seperately. The game IP stuff I really don't know, but I think the production stuff is operated and under the direction where that studio is located. I can't confirm it right now, but I think it displays SCEE in it's copyright, and SCEA in distribution in the NA released LBP games.

 

Another example could be "Demon's Souls". The game IP was created by SCE Japan Studio and From software, and was released by SCEJ, but SCEA and SCEE didn't pick it up. It was released by Atlus in US, Bandai Namco in EU. Why is that?


 They (each region) are operated separately to a degree, yes, but they still have to answer to the Parent company no matter how you slice it. And you are comparing 2 different things with your second part of that (as far as the game IP stuff goes). I love that all the people here that have NEVER in their life worked for an internationally registered/operated corporation are trying to explain to someone that has how this all works. VERY FUNNY!!!  Smiley LOL

 Oh and not to mention the fact that anything each region does (even thought you don't know about it) has to go back to headquarters for approval, so again they are still under the control of Sony no matter what region it is..

 

 And now I'm done on this matter cause I can see like most things here will be replied to by people that only think they have a clue and just go in circles.. Have fun with it!!


Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Message 26 of 81 (299 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/19/2012
Offline
3075 posts
 

Re: Free LMO's and more!! ( EU )

Nov 8, 2012

Oh nice. EU and JPN get all the good stuff and we're stuck with all the crap. Man Frustrated

bobs fed signature
Message 27 of 81 (271 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 10/10/2012
Offline
558 posts
 

Re: Free LMO's and more!! ( EU )

Nov 8, 2012

Do they ever release content that's in eu to na eventually?

Message 28 of 81 (224 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/31/2011
Offline
940 posts
 

Re: Free LMO's and more!! ( EU )

Nov 8, 2012

U2crazy4me wrote:

nagon111 wrote:

U2crazy4me wrote:

asfghjklEU wrote:
Could be because LBP is under SCEE's control. SCEA probably needs to ask and pay to SCEE, but doesn't want to.

 WHAT??? That makes no sense what so ever!! Its all the same company, Sony, they don't need to ask or pay themselves for anything its theirs plain and simple.. Those titles are just their business registrations for each region they do business in and have branches in.. It's funny, it seems like so many of you forget the fact that Sony is a Japanese company and that is where their main headquarters is NOT NA or EU.. And not to sound totally mean but the person that Kudo'd you for this is dumber for having done so!


Although they have the same Sony brand name, each region is operated seperately. The game IP stuff I really don't know, but I think the production stuff is operated and under the direction where that studio is located. I can't confirm it right now, but I think it displays SCEE in it's copyright, and SCEA in distribution in the NA released LBP games.

 

Another example could be "Demon's Souls". The game IP was created by SCE Japan Studio and From software, and was released by SCEJ, but SCEA and SCEE didn't pick it up. It was released by Atlus in US, Bandai Namco in EU. Why is that?


 They (each region) are operated separately to a degree, yes, but they still have to answer to the Parent company no matter how you slice it. And you are comparing 2 different things with your second part of that (as far as the game IP stuff goes). I love that all the people here that have NEVER in their life worked for an internationally registered/operated corporation are trying to explain to someone that has how this all works. VERY FUNNY!!!  Smiley LOL

 Oh and not to mention the fact that anything each region does (even thought you don't know about it) has to go back to headquarters for approval, so again they are still under the control of Sony no matter what region it is..

 

 And now I'm done on this matter cause I can see like most things here will be replied to by people that only think they have a clue and just go in circles.. Have fun with it!!


I'm not really sure you have the actual knowledge. These companies are subsidiary of Sony, which operates independently under their board of directorsThe parent company, however, has the power to remove the subsidiary’s board at any time. It does have the legal right to demand that the subsidiary meet financial objectives and that it conducts business in a manner that is acceptable to the parent. It can also examine the subsidiary’s financial reports and business plans to ensure it is moving in the right direction. But it doesn't mean the subsidiaries need to get approval for every move they do.

 

I think I remember you saying Irem went backrupt because restructure a company meant bankrupt occured. Restructure doesn't need backrupcy to occur. If you know about operations then you wouldn't have made this mistake.

Message 29 of 81 (250 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/27/2008
Offline
5706 posts
 

Re: Free LMO's and more!! ( EU )

Nov 8, 2012

Im not really sure if forums could handle what im thinking right now. I was to post my feelings here about this the post alone would probaly crash the PSN across the globe beyond recover. Sony im just going to simply ask for once yall be fair and give NA users the free LBP karting locomotion. I fought through over 200 halo 4 fans at midnight release to get my copy of LBP karting at midnight. I dont need a whole space redesign just the free locomotion karts for home would be enough for me.

images.jpg

Message 30 of 81 (227 Views)