Sackboy
633 posts

Re: For those who got a invite Please read Dear God please read!

Apr 29, 2007
Neo_x, I accept your challenge. If I get accepted, I will look for bugs and glitches to make the people who get to play it when it officialy launches have a exeptional expierence.
Message 11 of 44 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
334 posts

Apr 29, 2007
If i get accepted into the Beta, for sure ill do extensive testing. I wont just be signing up for enjoyment it'll be like a job for me to find as many faults and bugs that there may be
PSN: Slackr
Message 12 of 44 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
253 posts

Apr 30, 2007
I got the email BUT never filled it out. Read it, then just deleted it!! It's just a beta, im sorry but im a recreational gamer. Got an invite to GAP on my other profile name that i don't use anymore and denied that one too!!! People/KIDS put tooo much emphasis on being the BEST player on a game, or get all the BEST invites to special events/things!! WHOOOOPPPPYYY you got a Beta invite, good for you. Now when October roles around and you have already been on it for 5 months all the appeal of it will be gone!!
Message 13 of 44 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
904 posts

Apr 30, 2007

Neo_X wrote:
First of all congratulations on getting the e-mail about Home.
But .....I seriously am getting tired of people acting like they should get a
medal, a trophy, and a pat on the back for being hero's among men.
If I see one more person start a thread about how they should get special treatment or
think they are better than everyone else who didn't get picked I may just burst a blood vessel in my brain.
Furthermore I don't think the people are taking it seriously enough.
A beta tester has a lot of responsibility!
They have to make sure all the bugs and annoyances are out of the game before launch.
Now don't get me wrong not everyone who got the e-mail has acted like a imbecile,
some people have been very very cool about it, and I knew people are going to freak out when they
got the e-mail and that is totally understandable all I am asking is please please please
Don't act like you a idiot some people (most people) didn't get accepted and it's not cool when I see
someone laughing or mocking somebody who didn't get the e-mail.
Do your job when and if you get in and get Home shaped up to be what it can be.......Amazing.
Last of all congratulations on getting the e-mail about Home.

Every Beta announcement has post like this with people expressing their excitement and anticipation. You always have people wanting things for just participating. I would be guilty to say I never did that before but I have. After participating in several Beta test, I realize you really don't get much from it other than the opportunity to play the pre-launch buggy version. I did get a free hard disk drive from one Beta test which was pretty awesome. But I do agree with you, it does get kinda irritating.
Message 14 of 44 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
859 posts

Apr 30, 2007
Well, they will find ou thte bugs, thats the reason of beta is to play and find the bugs on the way
hit counter
Message 15 of 44 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
438 posts

Apr 30, 2007

amir8 wrote:
Neo_x, I accept your challenge. If I get accepted, I will look for bugs and glitches to make the people who get to play it when it officialy launches have a exeptional expierence.

Thats what I like to hear
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Neo_X
Message 16 of 44 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Apr 30, 2007
Can we all get past the beta? really unless new information about another way to get into the beta comes up, I dont want to hear. They can't tell you anything about it anyway so your not going to learn anything.
Message 17 of 44 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3132 posts

Re: Re: For those who got a invite Please read Dear God please read!

Apr 30, 2007
You also know what's funny? It's that some people who did get the email don't even bother posting here not even once.
Message 18 of 44 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
203 posts

Apr 30, 2007
What I don't understand is getting all excited over the preliminary invite email. From what I remember of that email was a large bold link that said "Sign up for Beta". I took that as I was applying for the beta, not accepted into the beta.
Ports to forward to the PS3:
TCP - 80, 443, 5223
UDP - 3478-3479, 3658

In climbing beyond the realm of mortality, there is no disgrace in defeat. In the winds of space there is no dishonor in death.
-Joseph Wilcox (regarding Denali)
Message 19 of 44 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
438 posts

Apr 30, 2007

Themlasu wrote:
What I don't understand is getting all excited over the preliminary invite email. From what I remember of that email was a large bold link that said "Sign up for Beta". I took that as I was applying for the beta, not accepted into the beta.

Exactly why people should feel even less urged to go crazy when they get it
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Neo_X
Message 20 of 44 (2 Views)
0 Likes