Reply
Nov 04 2007
By: PoseidonJ~ Hekseville Citizen 364 posts
Offline

For it's huge delay, Home better have a huge update with it.

13 replies 3 views Edited Nov 4, 2007
 
 
1. Unified friend list-why have seperate friend lists for each game? That's just stupid.
 
2. Game to game chat- I don't want to be lonely in a session of ninja gaiden sigma, so like XBL, PSN should support this feature.
 
3. Mid-game messenging/invites. I want to get my friends together for a game of Calling all Cars easily, not get out of them game and message them. And I want to be able to send quick messages/responses.
 
4. Gamercard-check what trophies someone has earned, what games they play, etc. Basically XBL gamertag equivelent.
 
5. A better looking, and more efficient PSN store. Nuff said.
 
6. Dunno how I would put this, but Sony needs to make demos like XBL, where Sony handles the money it costs to put a demo on PSN. I want demos for more games, and all games. There is a VF5 demo on XBL, where as there isn't one for PSN. There isn't even a freaking Lair demo, or a Warhawk demo for PSN. Same for symphony of the night.
 
7. Not an update really, but they need preloaded PSN cards for PAL/US. As well as the DVR thing for US in 2008.
 
8. More third party PSN titles. Sony is doing their job (all we need is Legend of Dragoon, Wild ARMS, and a couple more).
 
9. An XMB slot for the Playstation store, like on XBL. And they should give us the choice to have folder-style, instead of the XMB (to me, it seems alot better looking).
 
10. Put videos in orders/folders. Say you have 10 family guy movies, just put them all in one folder called "family guy".
Message 1 of 14 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 06/30/2007
Offline
374 posts
 

Re: For it's huge delay, Home better have a huge update with it.

Nov 4, 2007
A lot of that friend and messaging stuff you said would be there if they would make an in-game XMB. That's what everybody really wants.

Message 2 of 14 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/10/2007
Offline
2879 posts
 

Re: For it's huge delay, Home better have a huge update with it.

Nov 4, 2007
If they released those updates it would most likely be packaged with 2.00

I dont think Home will come with 2.00 cause home's release date is projected to be 2008.
Message 3 of 14 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/25/2007
Offline
1099 posts
 

Re: For it's huge delay, Home better have a huge update with it.

Nov 4, 2007
They are good ideas. I think is like this
Message 4 of 14 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 09/30/2007
Offline
65 posts
 

Re: For it's huge delay, Home better have a huge update with it.

Nov 4, 2007
I would also like to see things like that but what home needs are some activities.
 
They need to make all those sports games in that video like the driving range, soccer, basketball and more playable.
 
Home also needs outdoor activities like fishing, hunting, paintball, etc.
 
Without activities home would get stale within a matter of 2-3 weeks.
Message 5 of 14 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 09/26/2007
Offline
1017 posts
 

Re: For it's huge delay, Home better have a huge update with it.

Nov 4, 2007
Oh not another noob. You're complaining about a free service, don't tell sony what to do they're a multibillion dollar company they know what to do.Home was delayed because of bugs and glitches.

PoseidonJ wrote:
 
 
1. Unified friend list-why have seperate friend lists for each game? That's just stupid.
 
2. Game to game chat- I don't want to be lonely in a session of ninja gaiden sigma, so like XBL, PSN should support this feature.
 
3. Mid-game messenging/invites. I want to get my friends together for a game of Calling all Cars easily, not get out of them game and message them. And I want to be able to send quick messages/responses.
 
4. Gamercard-check what trophies someone has earned, what games they play, etc. Basically XBL gamertag equivelent.
 
5. A better looking, and more efficient PSN store. Nuff said.
 
6. Dunno how I would put this, but Sony needs to make demos like XBL, where Sony handles the money it costs to put a demo on PSN. I want demos for more games, and all games. There is a VF5 demo on XBL, where as there isn't one for PSN. There isn't even a freaking Lair demo, or a Warhawk demo for PSN. Same for symphony of the night.
 
7. Not an update really, but they need preloaded PSN cards for PAL/US. As well as the DVR thing for US in 2008.
 
8. More third party PSN titles. Sony is doing their job (all we need is Legend of Dragoon, Wild ARMS, and a couple more).
 
9. An XMB slot for the Playstation store, like on XBL. And they should give us the choice to have folder-style, instead of the XMB (to me, it seems alot better looking).
 
10. Put videos in orders/folders. Say you have 10 family guy movies, just put them all in one folder called "family guy".


Message 6 of 14 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 02/19/2006
Offline
896 posts
 

Re: For it's huge delay, Home better have a huge update with it.

Nov 4, 2007


StealthySnipa wrote:
I would also like to see things like that but what home needs are some activities.
 
They need to make all those sports games in that video like the driving range, soccer, basketball and more playable.
 
Home also needs outdoor activities like fishing, hunting, paintball, etc.
 
Without activities home would get stale within a matter of 2-3 weeks.



You're right. Home needs activities or events to keep the community vibrant.  I believe Sony understands the importance of making Home a true social networking environment. One that will keep people coming back for more. Sony showed us at E3 2007 some of the cool updates due out this Fall (early December).
 
  1. Home client running on Sony Ericsson mobile phone that allows you to push photos taken from mobile phone into Home.
  2. New Home square with tons of newly designed luxury private spaces
  3. A Home social networking site that's integrated in Home so ability to take photos within Home and publish to the Home website.
  4. Game Launching from within Home

Footage from E3 2007 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HG7dKUBIkM

So based on the latest information from Sony, more gaming events will be number one for sure. And then prehaps on a smaller scale activities like the ones you suggest would be cool especially having a paintball game space.

 

Message 7 of 14 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 10/08/2004
Offline
2153 posts
 

Re: For it's huge delay, Home better have a huge update with it.

Nov 4, 2007


Goldendemon wrote:
Oh not another noob. You're complaining about a free service, don't tell sony what to do they're a multibillion dollar company they know what to do.Home was delayed because of bugs and glitches.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
Whose the noob?  Home wasn't delayed because of bugs it was delayed because they have only two guys sittin' in their parents basement eating potato chips working on this program.  They are so behind schedule that they have become an embarassment and a joke to the beta community.  I would be very surprised to see this program released by next Christmas or ever.
"I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I aim with my eye."
"I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I shoot with my mind."
I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart." - The Last Gunslinger
Message 8 of 14 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/10/2007
Offline
2879 posts
 

Re: For it's huge delay, Home better have a huge update with it.

Nov 4, 2007


BufordKat wrote:


Goldendemon wrote:
Oh not another noob. You're complaining about a free service, don't tell sony what to do they're a multibillion dollar company they know what to do.Home was delayed because of bugs and glitches.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
Whose the noob?  Home wasn't delayed because of bugs it was delayed because they have only two guys sittin' in their parents basement eating potato chips working on this program.  They are so behind schedule that they have become an embarassment and a joke to the beta community.  I would be very surprised to see this program released by next Christmas or ever.




And I suppose you and your buddies can do better?
Message 9 of 14 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 02/19/2006
Offline
896 posts
 

Re: For it's huge delay, Home better have a huge update with it.

Nov 4, 2007


BufordKat wrote:


Goldendemon wrote:
Oh not another noob. You're complaining about a free service, don't tell sony what to do they're a multibillion dollar company they know what to do.Home was delayed because of bugs and glitches.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
Whose the noob?  Home wasn't delayed because of bugs it was delayed because they have only two guys sittin' in their parents basement eating potato chips working on this program.  They are so behind schedule that they have become an embarassment and a joke to the beta community.  I would be very surprised to see this program released by next Christmas or ever.



BufordKat, I understand your anquish concerning the Home beta. We all expected something more communication from the Home developers.  However, you must also keep in mind that this the first global beta program. Prehaps, the manpower is not there to keep up beta trialist informed. Yes, it would be nice if we knew what the beta schedule was. And when can we expect more updates.
 
Let's take it in stride and be happy with what we got.
Message 10 of 14 (3 Views)
0 Likes