Nov 28 2012
By: Danger_Dad Treasure Hunter 3855 posts

;^) Flying in Home....

[ Edited ]
7 replies 233 views Edited Nov 28, 2012

:^) There are now a few gadgets in Home that allow avatars to fly. However, the results are more satisfying in some personal spaces than in others.

Looks good, right?

;^) Looks good, right? Well, this one looks so good because the camera is near the ground. Check it out from another angle:

Klunk!

:^/ In fact, we can only fly as high as the invisible glass ceiling, which for this space is as low as the floor of the building, and not the ceiling. We can't even see the roof from above. For a personal Dream Island, what we want is something a little more fullfilling....

That's better....

;^) Now we're talking. When we can fly above our spaces, it feels as if we were truly flying, and not just hovering/floating....

Look: I can see my house!

:^D Yee, Haw! That's what I'm talking about...!

Coming down again.

:^/ Coming down again....

Bullseye!

;^) Ta-dah...! This is how flying should be!

What I'm suggesting in this thread is that now that Home allows avatars to fly, customers are going to want spaces that allow the sort of freedom that I just showed here. Especially an Island like this. People should be free to fly/swim all the way around their own islands, even if they cannot visit the neighboring ones. Also, flying implies that folks would be able to land atop the peaks as well, for a pleasant picnic with a view.... What does everyone else think?

Message 1 of 8 (233 Views)
Survivor
1630 posts

Re: ;^) Flying in Home....

Nov 28, 2012

photo l_1ac92e40c72f428cb2c1ab1d6c3930c5-1-1.jpg
Message 2 of 8 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
364 posts

Nov 28, 2012

no offence, but take sony attention to " tricks" is the worst idea you have! edit your post please, you can say same without ruining the fun for others!

sometimes, it's better to keep our mouth shut... isn't it?

Message 3 of 8 (221 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3855 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

SORROW-83 stated:

no offence, but take sony attention to " tricks" is the worst idea you have! edit your post please, you can say same without ruining the fun for others!

:^/ I know what you mean. That's why I was very careful to use only shots that illustrate the idea, not not anything that would shatter the illusion. The goal is to encourage developers to create spaces which would allow such movement without any sleight of hand, and the more folks who ask for such things, the more likely such spaces will be created in the future.

[Edit]

:^/ I've tweaked the wording of the original post, as you requested. Mind you, I'd made no mention of how it was done, only that it had....

Message 4 of 8 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4521 posts

Nov 28, 2012

SORROW-83 wrote:

No offense, but anyone that believes Sony isn't well aware of all the various exploits of Home, especially ones as old as those used to allow anyone to get past the barriors of a space clearly is naive to say the least.

The reason I and many others go out of our way to show others all the different ways to get past the barriors is so that instead of seeing it as some kind of secret exploit that only a small group of people use, it will be so common place, that Sony will have no choice but to embrace it and treat it like a feature of Home instead of an exploit.  Because if the majority of their biggest supporters know how to fully explore all of their spaces, if Sony takes that a way, the fall out will be much more severe than if only a few people know what they are missing out.

So if you really want to make a difference and get Sony to ignore if not embrace this exploit, teach as many people as you can how to escape barriors, so that there will be far more outrage should Sony ever considers to prevent this.   Frankly, that was the problem with the old ghost glitch, in that not enough people knew how to do it, so when it got patched, the amount of outrage was clearly not significant enough to get Sony's attention.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 5 of 8 (134 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3855 posts

Nov 28, 2012
:^/ Yeah, except that I'm not trying to get Sony to accept glitching, I'm trying to encourage developers to create spaces with high ceilings to begin with. That is, spaces that are more flight-friendly. Since flying is possible now, more and more people are going to want this....
Message 6 of 8 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4521 posts

Nov 28, 2012

Danger_Dad wrote:
:^/ Yeah, except that I'm not trying to get Sony to accept glitching, I'm trying to encourage developers to create spaces with high ceilings to begin with. That is, spaces that are more flight-friendly. Since flying is possible now, more and more people are going to want this....

Then we have different agendas.  I want to see Home encourage creativity and not box people in.  The reason many of these so-called glitches are so popular is because they allow for more creativity and more enjoyment of these spaces... Which not surprisingly leads to more sales of items and spaces to enjoy and get creative with... Unfortunately, considering how disconnected the people in charge of Home appear to be with their own customers, I have very little faith that they will realize this.  

However, if they continue to restrict what users can do in Home, especially if more and more users learn how to experience all of what Home has to offer, then I suspect the folks in charge will finally realize their approach to so-called glitching has been wrong and has driven away many of their best customers.

Knowledge is power, and so I strongly recommend we all make an effort to show our friends and even strangers in Home how to fully use the service.  

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 7 of 8 (103 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3855 posts

Nov 28, 2012

D-Nitrate D-duced:

Danger_Dad wrote:

Then we have different agendas.  I want to see Home encourage creativity and not box people in. 

;^) Heh. I enjoy... exploring the system as well as the next guy. But the purpose of this thread is to encourage more legitimate flight-friendliness in future spaces, personal and public.

Message 8 of 8 (97 Views)
0 Likes