Jun 10 2014
By: Your_Empress Survivor 1350 posts

[Final Event] The Pinnacle Challenge

[ Edited ]
52 replies 1346 views Edited Oct 7, 2014

This is the Final Pinnacle Challenge Event for those gamers who play Playstation Home who would like a chance to win a $10 code.

Please note: Anywhere in this thread that refers to this event continuing after October 2014 is now null and void. This event is over after this October 2014.

Start at the Home Tycoon Train Station, select the Home Tycoon game and look under "Popular Cities" for my city: 147950

Go to my city, 147950 and do the "Test Flight". This event does require a basic helicopter (Right now it's free in Test Flight! So you can practice starting today!).

Your goal is to get to the pinnacle top of the Globosyn World Tower, the top of the radio antenna, twice!

Rules: You must reach the top of *both* of the Globosyn World Towers in my city 147950, that means you have to do it twice.

You must notate your Time Zone along with your post, so that when I check for your presence in my city upon the date that you claim you were there, that I can verifiy it as such! Yes, I will be checking too.

You must take pictures of yourself on both of the Globosyn World Towers in my city 147950, from 4 different angles (8 pictures total, since it is both towers):

(Examples are given below)

City 147950 Pinical Challenge 06-07-201412.jpg

City 147950 Pinical Challenge 06-07-201422.jpg

City 147950 Pinical Challenge 06-07-201432.jpg

City 147950 Pinical Challenge 06-07-201442.jpg

(Tower two below)

City 147950 Pinical Challenge 06-07-201452.jpg

City 147950 Pinical Challenge 06-07-201462.jpg

City 147950 Pinical Challenge 06-07-201472.jpg

City 147950 Pinical Challenge 06-07-201482.jpg

The pictures below show a different perspective on being up on the towers antenna, but you are not required to take pictures like these for this contest (but it would be a fun team effort!)

City 147950 Pinical Challenge 06-08-201492.jpg

City 147950 Pinical Challenge 06-08-2014102.jpg

City 147950 Pinical Challenge 06-08-2014112.jpg

City 147950 Pinical Challenge 06-08-2014122.jpg

Rules continued:

You must be the *first person* to post pictures of yourself in my city 147950 on top of the Globosyn World Towers antennae by the next monthly start date of the contest!

The monthly start date will be the 7th of every month. The contest will end for that given month once any person wins (with valid posts here). Or the contest for that month will end on the 6th of the next calendar month if there are no winners.

There can only be one winner per month. Previous winners are not eligilbe to win again, only new contestants may win following any previous winner. (I will not be bothering to check if any PSN ID is the same person as a previous winner, nor will I have any concern about that and I will disregard any arguments about it, thank you.)

The first monthly contest will begin this coming July 7th, 2014 and repeat forever after that or until further notice here. Winners will receive a $10 PSN code from me through a PM (Personal Message) here on the forums.

Practice makes perfect! But remember you must have a helicopter to do this! It is impossible with only a car.

Any entries determined to be fraudulent, such as made through Photoshop etc. will be immediately dis-qualified upon discovery. Any person posting such will also be dis-qualified from this contest and any PSN contest that I hold in the future indefinetly.

Entries will be thoroughly checked, genuine winners will be awarded with a $10 code within 2 weeks of their entry.

NOTE: You must be the first person to post your evidence here (as noted above) to win! Even if you are first on the tower antennae within my city, 147950, but you *do not* post the pictures of yourself here first and somebody else does, well you will not be the monthly winner, but you can try again the next month.

You must post qualifying pictures of yourself here to win.

Have fun! This will be a challenge, I suggest some practice.

~Missy

Mod Edit: Removed labels. Labels are for use in the General Forum only.
Click here for more information.Thanks!   ~lovely1rainbow

Your_Empress x7 flirt leader worldwide final and forever photo Your_Empress x7 forever final_zpssgnzebgr.jpg
Message 1 of 53 (1,346 Views)
Survivor
1350 posts

Re: [Monthly Event] The Pinnacle Challenge

[ Edited ]
Jun 10, 2014

Rules simplified:

Post 8 pictures here of your avatar on top of the 2 antennae of the 2 Globosyn World Towers in my city (found under Popular Cities) 147950. Those 8 pictures must show my city (147950) in the background from 4 different angles, 4 pictures per each Globosyn World Tower antenna there.

Please post the date and approximate time, along with your time zone of when you visited my city 147950. Post that here in this thread along with your pictures. The time zone is necessary to validate your presence in my city upon the date that you claim, this is due to if the day that you do this is close to midnight where you live and if when I view tourism is just before that time.

You must be the first person to post your achievement of the above here. Even if somebody else does this after you do, but they post their pictures here first, they will be the winner and not you! So post your pictures here quickly after you accomplish this!

There can only be 1 winner per month. The contest starts on the 7th of every month, and previous winners are not eligible to win again. Previous winners are defined by PSN ID and not the actual person using any PSN ID.

This contest is not sponsered by Sony, Hellfire Games, or any paid affiliates of Sony.

However, any PSN ID is eligible to participate in this contest, including actual employees and affiliates of Sony.

After a valid winning post is made here in this thread, a $10 PSN code will be sent to that PSN ID via a Personal Message (PM) within 2 weeks following their posting. The 2 weeks time frame is as such to validate any winners here and/or if I am on vacation or away for any reason.

This contest takes talent, gamer talent. It is not a glitch to accomplish a win in The Pinnacle Challenge nor will a glitch or hack win this challenge for you. However, it will require use of a helicopter within Hellfire Games, Home Tycoon game within Playstation Home.

Good luck! 

Your_Empress x7 flirt leader worldwide final and forever photo Your_Empress x7 forever final_zpssgnzebgr.jpg
Message 2 of 53 (1,290 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1483 posts

Jun 10, 2014

Well done, this is a REAL challenge.

I have tried to get my helicopter on top of the tower for about 30 minutes without a success, I am falling all the time (I guess my avatar has 9 souls) Smiley Tongue

Problem is, I do not know where exactly I should land my helicopter on (Does the center of the helicopter should be sticked to the building or perhaps the front of it, where my avatar is sitting).

Again this is a superb challenge!

Kudos to you! Smiley Happy

Join Our Groove Today, Please Press My Signature To Join!

torag365Signature

Message 3 of 53 (1,273 Views)
Survivor
1350 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2014

Thank you!

It is a gamer challenge within Playstation Home that is similar to the skill it would take one to climb to the arch at the long gone Red Bull space.

Those gamers who have done such things have the strength to accept this challenge. It takes patience and focus, having a zen attitude towards it will help. One of my friends pictured in this thread above said it was one of the most irritating things she ever tried within Playstation Home, but she was able to do it eventually. I have always enjoyed neat little contests made by the Home community. Contests by a variety of people, MVP's, club owners, clan gamers, hackers (yes, even hackers), all add to making Playstation Home interesting. If you laugh and have a good time in Playstation Home without trolling etc., then you have truly earned your friends made here. But this challenge will test you, and it is not a challenge for gamers outside of Playstation Home, although they can try. If gamers outside of Playstation Home manage to win, they can spend that $10 code anywhere on PSN obviously. However, veteran Home users and glitchers will have a sincere advantage in this competition, as it takes a strong mental fortitude and well versed knowledge of how the controls work within Playstation Home.

Seems you are ahead of others here! Not every Home user will be able to do this challenge. But those who do it and post a winning entry here will actually get paid for their accomplishment!

What you learn in doing this will be useful in your skill as a gamer, much like hidden techniques useful in many games. Some hidden techniques are intentional, others are not. Doing this one can win you a prize beyond the satisfaction of knowing that you can do it!

Yes, I did do this myself already. There's pictures of me on top of one of the antennae in one of my posts here in the forums.

Don't give up, you should be able to do it eventually!

Message 4 of 53 (1,260 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
965 posts

x

[ Edited ]
Oct 16, 2014

x

Message 5 of 53 (1,253 Views)
Uncharted Territory
965 posts

x

[ Edited ]
Oct 16, 2014

x

Message 6 of 53 (1,239 Views)
Uncharted Territory
965 posts

x

[ Edited ]
Oct 16, 2014

x

Message 7 of 53 (1,238 Views)
Survivor
1350 posts

Jun 11, 2014

Delicious_Darla wrote:

It certainly is a challenge,

The helicopter moves the same as furniture, and the spot it dumps you appears to be the same..  I would guess that once you are successfull, you could do it again fairly easily....  Good luck.

I saw your alt a few minutes ago.. I think. Smiley Happy  Nice challenge, and a good way to drive tourism in your city. For those that have not tried this, swing by, this city is top of the leaderboard, congrates.. Smiley Happy

Darla, you probably saw my sister or a friend who hangs out in my city some days. If they were active and not in wardrobe anywhere else in Home, it was not me. I haven't been on Playstation Home today for several hours and when I was it was briefly. I am busy with other things today.

Congratulations on getting up there! Remember for your actual contest post you must include 8 pictures of yourself up there from all different angles.

I can see from accomplishing this that you are one of the truly elite Playstation Home gamers, not only in words but in actions! It does take skill to do this challenge.

I should clarify that it does not require 2 avatars to do this challenge. A truly skilled Playstation Home gamer can do this using only one avatar. I never checked to see if using a second avatar made this much easier, but I suppose it would. It can be done using only one avatar! As I and a couple of my friends did this without another avatars helicopter. ^.~

However, team efforts will qualify! As there really is no way to verify whether or not the challenge is done as such. However, it is much more noteworthy to accomplish this using a single avatar and does not require a 2nd PS3 to do so!

So have no fear, gamers with only one PS3, at 12:01 AM, June 7th, 2014 you can start this challenge! 

Was cute, Darla. The helicopter in the picture underneath gave it away (if you did what I'm guessing).

^.~

Message 8 of 53 (1,225 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1350 posts

Re: [Monthly Event] The Pinnacle Challenge starts on the 7th, 12:01 AM Pacific Time every month.

Jun 11, 2014

The competitive gamers, like Darla, will be on this immediately. So I will clarify the *exact start date and time*.

July 7th, 2014 at 12:01 AM Pacific Time is when The Pinnacle Challenge will start.

The Pinnacle Challenge will repeat every month starting on the 7th of the month at 12:01 AM Pacific Time.

That is 1:01 AM Mountain Time.

2:01 AM Central Time.

3:01 AM Eastern Time.

It is the same start time for everybody, regardless of your time zone.

Message 9 of 53 (1,221 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
965 posts

x

[ Edited ]
Oct 16, 2014

x

Message 10 of 53 (1,208 Views)