Uncharted Territory
1850 posts

Re: Females in Home - We're Not All Bad!

Dec 13, 2008

EvoAnubis wrote:

tearsofash wrote:

The thing is, is that EvoAnubis had a decent-sized presence on the Closed Beta forums (and in the beta itself).

In the old days, you could just go up to a group and start chatting. Unless you're going up to them and saying "Hey sexy" or whatever, I don't know what the problem should be. Smiley Frustrated

Plus -- when you say "hello" it's edited, so maybe they think you're calling them a name? 

Actually, I've never even seen the closed beta forum before.  And I never use the predefined macros; I literally just say "Hi."

Wait -- really!?

I think I'm getting you confused with someone else then.  I sure do look foolish!

On another note, the lady on your friends list has a point. I'm sure a lot of the females are on edge right now because of how everyone is acting, so you have to be extra careful about your approach and what you say. Instead of a greeting, just go up and start a conversation with actual depth? Ask them what games they've been playing lately or something. Remember Home isn't just a 3D avatar world thing. Everyone on it has access to a PS3, so that's half the subject-matter you could use for a conversation anyways! 

~
Message 41 of 259 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1956 posts

Dec 13, 2008

EvoAnubis wrote:

bigkurz wrote:

EvoAnubis wrote:

bigkurz wrote:
Starting a thread solely to tell the ladies that you're not a creep = Exhibit A of "Hi, so I'm a weirdo."
Thank you as well for your input, but I'm looking for actual responses that are useful.  Besides, if that's the only thing you got out of what I said, then your reading comprehension skills need serious work. 

Sadly, no, they don't need any work. I was simply commenting on the hilarity of the subject. I didn't care to read whatever crap you spewed in the post.

Ah.  So you judged my entire post without even reading it.  Okay; that actually tells me a bit about your character.  Based on that, we don't need to talk anymore, so this will be my final reply to you. 

Haha. Should I post a rant now about how people won't talk to me when they misjudge my character? Boo hoo!

I read your post too--it's just as pathetic as your subject. You're mad that girls don't talk to you because you want to talk to people. Well guess what? There's a whole lot of people on there. If one person ignores you, move onto the next. And if you're creeping out the girls--even if its "not your fault"--then maybe you should just talk to guys. Since as you said, you just want interaction with people.

Message 42 of 259 (6 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
294 posts

Dec 13, 2008

bigkurz wrote:

JediMutant wrote:

tomhead76 wrote:

bigkurz wrote:
Starting a thread solely to tell the ladies that you're not a creep = Exhibit A of "Hi, so I'm a weirdo."

Glad someone else here notices this. Kudos.

tomhead76 wrote:

bigkurz wrote:

Sadly there are still ignorant people that seem to think socializng with a girl online must mean you are creep.

*Sigh*

No. The creepy part is trying to get this message out there that you are "normal" so that girls will message you or talk to you.

I don't know him personally, but to me he is genuine enough about the misconception that all guys try to talk to a girl on Home are either stalkers, or harassers.
Message 43 of 259 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1592 posts

Dec 13, 2008

tearsofash wrote:

EvoAnubis wrote:

tearsofash wrote:

The thing is, is that EvoAnubis had a decent-sized presence on the Closed Beta forums (and in the beta itself).

In the old days, you could just go up to a group and start chatting. Unless you're going up to them and saying "Hey sexy" or whatever, I don't know what the problem should be. Smiley Frustrated

Plus -- when you say "hello" it's edited, so maybe they think you're calling them a name? 

Actually, I've never even seen the closed beta forum before.  And I never use the predefined macros; I literally just say "Hi."

Wait -- really!?

I think I'm getting you confused with someone else then.  I sure do look foolish!

On another note, the lady on your friends list has a point. I'm sure a lot of the females are on edge right now because of how everyone is acting, so you have to be extra careful about your approach and what you say. Instead of a greeting, just go up and start a conversation with actual depth? Ask them what games they've been playing lately or something. Remember Home isn't just a 3D avatar world thing. Everyone on it has access to a PS3, so that's half the subject-matter you could use for a conversation anyways! 

No worries. 

Host, Geeks of the Round
http://gplus.to/GotR | http://gplus.to/EvoAnubis
Message 44 of 259 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1592 posts

Dec 13, 2008

JediMutant wrote:

bigkurz wrote:

JediMutant wrote:

tomhead76 wrote:

bigkurz wrote:

tomhead76 wrote:

bigkurz wrote:

Sadly there are still ignorant people that seem to think socializng with a girl online must mean you are creep.

*Sigh*

No. The creepy part is trying to get this message out there that you are "normal" so that girls will message you or talk to you.

I don't know him personally, but to me he is genuine enough about the misconception that all guys try to talk to a girl on Home are either stalkers, or harassers.
Your reading comprehension skills are excellent.  That was my point. 

Host, Geeks of the Round
Message 45 of 259 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
294 posts

Dec 13, 2008

No, it's not about reading skills.

You make a GOOD point, and I really agree with it.

It's NOT fair we good guys have to suffer the socialing experience with females, just because there are morons and imbeciles out there ruining it.

Message 46 of 259 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1592 posts

Dec 13, 2008

JediMutant wrote:

No, it's not about reading skills.

You make a GOOD point, and I really agree with it.

It's NOT fair we good guys have to suffer the socialing experience with females, just because there are morons and imbeciles out there ruining it.

Yeah, but like someone else said, i think we'll just have to wait it out for a few months until things settle down.  That seems to be a reasonable solution. 

Host, Geeks of the Round
Message 47 of 259 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
668 posts

Dec 13, 2008

I think the problem is guys just have to act normally in Home around girls. Listen, you probably wouldn't zero in on a random guy and say "Hello" followed by "Where do you live?" right? RIGHT? No, you wouldn't. Not even if the guy had a cool Namco hat on. Then you'd probably say, "Where'd you get that hat?" lol. Which is fair enough.

But if you wouldn't zero in on a random guy on home and ask him where he lives and how old he is, then WHY do you do that to a girl that shows up on Home? I swear, I see it all the time. Girl appears, guys run up to her all "Yo," or "Hi" or "Hello" the inevitably, "Where do you live?" "How old are you?" It's ridiculous!

Guys, you don't think the girl sees right through that bull**bleep**? You think she doesn't hear that time and time again? COME ON!

Instead, treat them like normal gamers. That is, hang out normally and if she says something interested about... say, Uncharted, or Sonic, or Barack Obama, JOIN IN THE CONVERSATION. Then you're on your way to making friends.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Home isn't a singles bar. Getting all up in a girls grill and asking personal questions won't get you **bleep** in real life, and surprisingly enough it doesn't work that well @ Home.

Message 48 of 259 (6 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6585 posts

Dec 13, 2008

Lopez9577 wrote:
Aww your sad because they dont want to talk to you lol wow who cares if they dont want to  talk to you than go to the next person that easy jeez

You must get beat up a lot. 

Message 49 of 259 (6 Views)
Wastelander
812 posts

Dec 13, 2008

I walked past a chick in Home and simply waved and she freaked out. Told me "I'm only 12! Leave me alone!". ...

I WAVED! WTH...

Message 50 of 259 (6 Views)
0 Likes