Nov 30 2008
By: silence12 Wastelander 836 posts

Female gamers

71 replies 9 views Edited Nov 30, 2008

If you are really that annoyed by the constant stream of idiots harassing you then change to a male avatar. I am truly sorry for the fact that you will never be able to make a character that resembles yourself or talk on the mic without being harassed but if the problem is that bad the best option is to swich to a male avatar.

There are only three reasons that female gamers would not change:

1. they enjoy the attention

2. the problem is not that bad

3. they are very stubborn

silence12
Message 1 of 72 (9 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
351 posts

Re: Female gamers

Nov 30, 2008
I don't think its fun for people pretending that there guys when  there not. I wouldn't play it at all
Message 2 of 72 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
665 posts

Nov 30, 2008

silence12 wrote:

If you are really that annoyed by the constant stream of idiots harassing you then change to a male avatar. I am truly sorry for the fact that you will never be able to make a character that resembles yourself or talk on the mic without being harassed but if the problem is that bad the best option is to swich to a male avatar.

wow you are really up there for the WOMENS VIDEO GAME RIGHTS MOVEMENT (WVGRM) arent you. You are just a modern day MLK and I respect you for that...oh wait, no, its the other way around, I don't respect you at all. If you really have that big of a problem in your social life that you can't have any interaction with females outside of your grandmother, myspace, and video games, there is something wrong with you. So, what I am saying here, noble knight, is come down off your steed, you arent changing anything with your post and you shouldnt feel better about yourself after posting this because you really arent doing anything other than annoying everyone who doesnt care. so thanks...
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Rocthepanther
Message 3 of 72 (9 Views)
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Nov 30, 2008

silence12 wrote:

should black people make white avatars as well?
Message 4 of 72 (9 Views)
Wastelander
665 posts

Nov 30, 2008

faust314 wrote:

silence12 wrote:

fantastic point. this guy isnt changing the world, he is just trying to get his own attention. no matter where, what, who, when, or how a minority or a woman does something, something will be said of it. by him posting this all he is doing is making it worse. people who do this see this and see that what they are doing is working. angering people makes the racists and sexists happy. but whatever, if he and people like him were to all just stop complaining and crying about it and show that it isnt bothering them, it would stop faster than what they are trying now. but no....let king silence take on the world and beat the odds again....all from the comfort of his home computer.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Rocthepanther
Message 5 of 72 (9 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2189 posts

Nov 30, 2008

RocThePanther wrote:

faust314 wrote:

silence12 wrote:

fantastic point. this guy isnt changing the world, he is just trying to get his own attention. no matter where, what, who, when, or how a minority or a woman does something, something will be said of it. by him posting this all he is doing is making it worse. people who do this see this and see that what they are doing is working. angering people makes the racists and sexists happy. but whatever, if he and people like him were to all just stop complaining and crying about it and show that it isnt bothering them, it would stop faster than what they are trying now. but no....let king silence take on the world and beat the odds again....all from the comfort of his home computer.

I agree
Message 6 of 72 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
421 posts

Nov 30, 2008
im a female; and i enjoy dressing up ... and playing in home as a "female person" my boyfriend plays along with me.... it was REALY annoying at first; but i have came to realise.. JUST IGNORE THEM .. its dumb for me to change my person as a guy.. im not a damn guy.. IM A FEMALE.. i just ignore the lil immature on home .... they eventually leave and go mess with other people.
Message 7 of 72 (9 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1158 posts

Nov 30, 2008

PeAcHS08 wrote:
im a female; and i enjoy dressing up ... and playing in home as a "female person" my boyfriend plays along with me.... it was REALY annoying at first; but i have came to realise.. JUST IGNORE THEM .. its dumb for me to change my person as a guy.. im not a damn guy.. IM A FEMALE.. i just ignore the lil immature on home .... they eventually leave and go mess with other people.

word!Smiley Happy

and by the way..

didnt i whoop your butt in pool the other day...?Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 72 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
421 posts

Nov 30, 2008

akonamyst wrote:

PeAcHS08 wrote:

word!Smiley Happy

and by the way..

didnt i whoop your butt in pool the other day...?Smiley Very Happy

ugh; you prob.did lol; i played once, and didnt know what the crap was going on . so0o i kinda left .. sorry if that was you lol.

Message 9 of 72 (9 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Nov 30, 2008

the women gamers that i've run across have already been hazed by the fact they are female in a little boy's gaming world.  I've not seen one girl get harrassed where she couldn't handle it?  My wife has the sub-account and I asked her to walk around and check it out.  the guys are like flies on every female avatar (not knowing if its a man or woman) and for the most part show little respect.  My advice to the females? make your character how you choose and give the flies a good swat! for some of these guys, online rejection is just as painful.

I've played against some great opponents online, never asking if they are female, but it makes no difference who's firing shots at you and who defends you.  "Some of them Girls is good!" and if i meet them in Home, then they have already earned my respect.  Home for everyone, just like an alternate life - It's so much better to know it's not just a 'Sassage' fest too.

(BTW, you mess with my wife and I'll ....)  hee hee! J/K

Message 10 of 72 (9 Views)
0 Likes