Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/02/2013
Offline
4056 posts
 

Re: False Reports

Jun 29, 2013

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Listen, some people want to be part of social networking but want to be anti-social, uptight, loners and they need to lighten up!  If someone reports you for no valid reason they get in trouble for creating a false report, so as long as you know your not breaking the rules, you should be fine, but the real question is:  Why didnt I get invited to this "Toga Party"?  Smiley Mad


That does sound fun! I don't think I own a toga, though. Can I just make one out of bedsheets like in RL? Smiley Wink

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 11 of 23 (401 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/27/2009
Online
2704 posts
 

Re: False Reports

Jun 29, 2013

AfrosRockMan wrote:

Just curious, but aren't there penalties for filing flase reports on here? This one person claimed that me & my friends were all harassing her & even threatening violence, doing crude stuff like sitting in her crotch, just horrible stuff. All we were doing was just running around as a toga party flash mob & shouting "Toga!" in the park. Heck, everyone else thought it was hysterical. I got screenshots of the whole conversation just in case I get suspended for nothing.

 

I would post the name of the person who threatened us & filed false reports to warn you guys, but I don't know if I'm allowed to do that here. And this isn't the first time I've seen or heard of her harassing people either. She just walks upto people then threatens to report them.


Yesterday Friday I was at Acorn Park and 6 or 7 of  us were having a picnic, the Acorn Park 6 people picnic. Some people cam along hollering flash mob or something and running around for a short bit. I thought it was funny and I believe the others did too.

I don't know if you were in this flash mob in the evening (EDT).

 

As for the crotch allegation, sometimes an avatar or a companion gets in a position that would be considered unacceptable if done on purpose. It can be unavoidable but if the avatar or companion back off then no big deal.

I don't recall any such thing happening from the flash mob yesterday. 

 

Lastly, just because someone says they're reporting someone else doesn't mean they are. 

 

I believe the Moderators can see all the text and at least some of the pictures if they want to. But I don't know what they look at or can see cus I ain't them.

 

The above for what it's worth. Good luck. My experience with a flash mob was interesting and funny. The darn aeorplanes flying overhead buzzing us were more of a problem and that too was fun. I think everyone had a good time Smiley Wink 

In memory of Jody Westover and all those who fight or have fought cancer

Message 12 of 23 (393 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/11/2010
Offline
5381 posts
 

Re: False Reports

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013

Punishment for False Reports are 24 hours, 2 days.  If the user repeats the false reports, 7 day plus.  

 

They will look at everything,  matter who starts it and if your clean as you say you are, you are fine, don't sink to their level, they will ban you too.  

 

I've seen people do this on purpose and  I think its a trick.  They try to get you going, they hope you do something stupid like swear or say an insult towards them and report you for whatever reason.   You were just minding your own business.   

 

MODS, don't want to ban you.  It's only your doing that gets you banned.   

Message 13 of 23 (360 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 01/30/2013
Offline
385 posts
 

Re: False Reports

Jun 29, 2013

Danger_Dad wrote:

:^/ It's easy to assume that when the report is created, it includes only the sender's chat log, but there is no software reason it couldn't include also the chat log of the one being reported. There is also no reason it couldn't also add the next several minutes of chat to the report. There is also no software reason the report couldn't include a log of what movements, gestures, etc. each party did for several minutes both before and after the report was filed.

 

;^) So, not knowing what data the moderators get makes it very difficult for someone to frame his neighbor. I wouldn't sweat it. You're very unlikely to be banned for something you didn't really do.

 

:^/ Mind you, it would likewise be very difficult for someone to lie to the moderators in denial of his errant behavior.

 

Also, bear in mind that I don't know the hidden details of Home's report system. I'm just pondering how I would do it if I were in charge. As I see it, if I'm smart enough to think of it, Sony likely is too.


GlassWalls once wrote a guide how to report. He encouraged the one who wants to file a report to face the offender, because the moment when you hit the button on your controller, a screenshot will be taken and it will be included in the report. This gives me to think if any avatar movement data is included in the report. Facing the offender for a screenshot would not make any additional sense if the movements were also logged and included in the report.

 

From some friends of mine who got reported I know that also the chatlog is included in the report. The chatlog includes the whole conversation without any censoring. It also includes all PMs.

 

I somehow doubt that the report includes any data after it was filed.

Message 14 of 23 (346 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 05/07/2012
Offline
1350 posts
 

Re: False Reports

Jun 29, 2013

HotChick955 wrote:

Danger_Dad wrote:

:^/ It's easy to assume that when the report is created, it includes only the sender's chat log, but there is no software reason it couldn't include also the chat log of the one being reported. There is also no reason it couldn't also add the next several minutes of chat to the report. There is also no software reason the report couldn't include a log of what movements, gestures, etc. each party did for several minutes both before and after the report was filed.

 

;^) So, not knowing what data the moderators get makes it very difficult for someone to frame his neighbor. I wouldn't sweat it. You're very unlikely to be banned for something you didn't really do.

 

:^/ Mind you, it would likewise be very difficult for someone to lie to the moderators in denial of his errant behavior.

 

Also, bear in mind that I don't know the hidden details of Home's report system. I'm just pondering how I would do it if I were in charge. As I see it, if I'm smart enough to think of it, Sony likely is too.


GlassWalls once wrote a guide how to report. He encouraged the one who wants to file a report to face the offender, because the moment when you hit the button on your controller, a screenshot will be taken and it will be included in the report. This gives me to think if any avatar movement data is included in the report. Facing the offender for a screenshot would not make any additional sense if the movements were also logged and included in the report.

 

From some friends of mine who got reported I know that also the chatlog is included in the report. The chatlog includes the whole conversation without any censoring. It also includes all PMs.

 

I somehow doubt that the report includes any data after it was filed.


the brief pause when you press select is because a picture is then being uploaded.  Smiley Wink

 

The report function does indeed take a picture of the screen, so face the insecure offender to get a pic of their childish actions.

 

 

Your_Empress x7 flirt leader worldwide final and forever photo Your_Empress x7 forever final_zpssgnzebgr.jpg
Message 15 of 23 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/12/2011
Offline
3855 posts
 

Re: False Reports

Jun 29, 2013
;^) You're likely correct that not everything I thought of is part of the report system. On the other hand, none of what I suggested would be challenging to implement, so it's entirely possible. We'll never know either way, of course.
Message 16 of 23 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/11/2010
Offline
5381 posts
 

Re: False Reports

Jun 29, 2013
Someone told me, when you report a user in that public space, everyboyy is looked at? Is that true? Even if you report one user and they both swearing, won't both parties get banned, no reason to report both parties, because its obviously logged?
Message 17 of 23 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 05/07/2012
Offline
1350 posts
 

Re: False Reports

Jun 29, 2013

rramsdell wrote:
Someone told me, when you report a user in that public space, everyboyy is looked at? Is that true? Even if you report one user and they both swearing, won't both parties get banned, no reason to report both parties, because its obviously logged?

This is true. That is why going through reports takes so long. They look at everybody involved in conversation with the reported person. Even conversations of other people on the same server, if something catchs their eye.

 

It is a *very time consuming* process. So yes, if you report someone while you are breaking the 'Terms of Use' yourself, in such a manner that warrents an action. Then you will get banned too. That's why you need to click [  ignore  ] on people acting out like 'trolls', if it irritates you, silence them, you have that power.

 

 

Your_Empress x7 flirt leader worldwide final and forever photo Your_Empress x7 forever final_zpssgnzebgr.jpg
Message 18 of 23 (315 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/11/2010
Offline
5381 posts
 

Re: False Reports

Jun 29, 2013
Oh thank you. I only report one person in that area and the rest of it will follow, will be in the chat log and I monitor it for a bit not saying a word. My reports I send in are nothing but people insulting or swearing and it never stops in the log.

One report is enough, they can deal with it. I've always wonder about why sometimes, I would leave an area than onto the next and the previous names would still be there in report feature.

Makes sense, thank you.
Message 19 of 23 (310 Views)
First Son
Registered: 12/09/2014
Offline
1 posts
 

Re: False Reports

Dec 11, 2014

I'm  informing you to report that i have been falsely reported and been banned by Sony entertainment network. I found this out on the 8th of november when I was trying to log in to my account I receive the message of "access to Sony entertainment network by this account has been banned or temporarily suspended." I then realised i had been banned due to a false report because on the 6th of December I was playing advanced warfare on my ps4, and there was a group of people in the lobby on the opposing team which were pretty skillfull. I requested a private match against them and they responded by sending me an invitation to join their party. Once I had joined they started to use offensive language,racist slurs as words such as calling me a "Paki", "pundi", "dirty brown guy". After that I asked them Why are you guys saying all of this stuff and they said they were the "kkk" and they don't like brown people because my psn name id was my name they taught I was a Pakistani because it is a popular pakistani name in their country but I keep telling them am Arabic then they keep saying am a terrorist and I bomb for a living and kill people since I was a kid I told them they are just being childish then one of them adds me and sends me a friend request and I accepted it because I thought they were just joking around because this happens to me a lot of times when people say things like that So the guy invited me to a lobby and invited all of his friend like maximum 6 other people then one of them suggested to report me for being a "paki" and I taught they were joking but the next week I got a message saying I was permently banned So I was So frustrated and So I made a new account and added the guy and asked them to please call Sony and say they false reported me and it was a mistake all of them laughed and said rude things like thrunning are going to do things to my mom sexually and abusive and they said they are going to find were I live and kill my family because am different Then they all blocked me Because I said I was going to report them for false reporting. Now am permently banned for something simple i didnt do i had psn for 3 years i wouldt do anything to jeopardise that please help me! If  you want to i can send you all of the psn id who falsely reported me. My ps4 is not banned but my account is permently banned for such thing as 'scamming' which i don't know what that is.
 

 

Message 20 of 23 (224 Views)
0 Likes