Jun 29 2013
By: AfrosRockMan Splicer 31 posts

False Reports

22 replies 1184 views Edited Jun 29, 2013

Just curious, but aren't there penalties for filing flase reports on here? This one person claimed that me & my friends were all harassing her & even threatening violence, doing crude stuff like sitting in her crotch, just horrible stuff. All we were doing was just running around as a toga party flash mob & shouting "Toga!" in the park. Heck, everyone else thought it was hysterical. I got screenshots of the whole conversation just in case I get suspended for nothing.

I would post the name of the person who threatened us & filed false reports to warn you guys, but I don't know if I'm allowed to do that here. And this isn't the first time I've seen or heard of her harassing people either. She just walks upto people then threatens to report them.

Message 1 of 23 (1,184 Views)
Wastelander
631 posts

Re: False Reports

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013
No you can't if this person make false reports, your safe. You can contact the moderator and explain everything. You can not post users name on any post that's called blacklisting. And that just breaking the rules.
Message 2 of 23 (1,170 Views)
MVP Support
9311 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013

First don't post the name of the person here it is not allowed that called blacklisting as for the person who reported you   you don't have to worry about it if you did nothing wrong nothing will happen to you false reporting will get the person in trouble if the person continues harrasing report him/her if you can't while in home send a private message to the home forums

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/614840

KANE-FIRE

Message 3 of 23 (1,164 Views)
Splicer
31 posts

Jun 29, 2013

Ah, thank you guys for clarifying on the rules. I'm a bit more at ease now, lol.

Message 4 of 23 (1,142 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2518 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 30, 2013

Yes, people can get in trouble for making false reports, but I would imagine that it requires a great deal of judgment by the mods and interpreting the situation. Just because someone makes a report where there was no violation, doesn't necessarily make it a false report. If someone believes they are honestly reporting inappropriate behavior, but it is actually not, there will not likely be any penalty to that person. But if the mods believe someone knowingly made a false report with malicious intent, then yes, they would probably consider that a false report.

By the way, there is no need to take screen shots of the chat log. The mods already have it.

Message 5 of 23 (1,140 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3860 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013

:^/ It's easy to assume that when the report is created, it includes only the sender's chat log, but there is no software reason it couldn't include also the chat log of the one being reported. There is also no reason it couldn't also add the next several minutes of chat to the report. There is also no software reason the report couldn't include a log of what movements, gestures, etc. each party did for several minutes both before and after the report was filed.

;^) So, not knowing what data the moderators get makes it very difficult for someone to frame his neighbor. I wouldn't sweat it. You're very unlikely to be banned for something you didn't really do.

:^/ Mind you, it would likewise be very difficult for someone to lie to the moderators in denial of his errant behavior.

Also, bear in mind that I don't know the hidden details of Home's report system. I'm just pondering how I would do it if I were in charge. As I see it, if I'm smart enough to think of it, Sony likely is too.

Message 6 of 23 (1,130 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1051 posts

Jun 29, 2013

he said, she said...

Astrocytoma can ruin my life but it can't break my spirit...Ghost minded and in the Shadows. Don't get it? yeah thats because it isn't normal.
Message 7 of 23 (1,114 Views)
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Jun 29, 2013

AfrosRockMan wrote:

Just curious, but aren't there penalties for filing flase reports on here? This one person claimed that me & my friends were all harassing her & even threatening violence, doing crude stuff like sitting in her crotch, just horrible stuff. All we were doing was just running around as a toga party flash mob & shouting "Toga!" in the park. Heck, everyone else thought it was hysterical. I got screenshots of the whole conversation just in case I get suspended for nothing.

I would post the name of the person who threatened us & filed false reports to warn you guys, but I don't know if I'm allowed to do that here. And this isn't the first time I've seen or heard of her harassing people either. She just walks upto people then threatens to report them.

Was she wearing a rabbit nose?

Message 8 of 23 (1,087 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Jun 29, 2013

Listen, some people want to be part of social networking but want to be anti-social, uptight, loners and they need to lighten up!  If someone reports you for no valid reason they get in trouble for creating a false report, so as long as you know your not breaking the rules, you should be fine, but the real question is:  Why didnt I get invited to this "Toga Party"?  Smiley Mad

Message 9 of 23 (1,033 Views)
Big Daddy
12525 posts

Jun 29, 2013

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Listen, some people want to be part of social networking but want to be anti-social, uptight, loners and they need to lighten up!  If someone reports you for no valid reason they get in trouble for creating a false report, so as long as you know your not breaking the rules, you should be fine, but the real question is:  Why didnt I get invited to this "Toga Party"?  Smiley Mad

I know an MVP/Guide that's fits that bill........amazing huh? Smiley Surprised

Message 10 of 23 (1,019 Views)
0 Likes