Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

Re: FREE Sword!

[ Edited ]
May 10, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

Icinq wrote:
Oh nice, so we're not suppose to use any abreviated swear words that will slip by the censors. But the developers don't have to follow the rules. Smiley Frustrated

Keep your sword. I don't want it because it's tainted with lies.

for that to count a word would have to be censored in the first place. badass is not a censored word on the forums. Lockwood was actually being nice by censoring it. Smiley Mad

the word still counts are censored. last time (usually Chad) says it. but i alert it in a dumbest way. a day later. the post itself was removed. 

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 51 of 61 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

May 10, 2013

TSFRJ wrote:

thankyou for the offer but no thanks. every time i try to access offer it wants me to give yallaccess to parts of my facebook account. sorry but i'll take more than a fancy sword for me to hand over/share my FB page info to anyone. Yea the sword looks great

You can send a message to contact@lockwood-studios.c­om if you wanna request to give you a code for it.

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 52 of 61 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
79 posts

May 11, 2013

LKWD_Tim wrote:

This sword is called Maliki’s Might. Pretty bad-a$$, right? Do you want it? Do you want it for free?!

Well, okay then! Just click >> THIS LINK <<

Arigatou~ \(@ ̄∇ ̄@)/

Nice sword, and I'm happy with it as a handheld item like it is, but it's disappointing that it's not compatible with more actions/poses/dances since the sword will just collide/overlap with your own avatar or look silly. Would have been cool as a LMO with unique actions like slashing, stabbing, spinning attacks, something similar to a Skyward Strike, and swiping blood off the blade with a cloth.

Here's a comparison of Maliki's Might with the Great Knife:

Maliki's Might x1.jpgGreat Knife x1.jpgMaliki's Might x2.jpgGreat Knife x2.jpg

Lion Signature
Message 53 of 61 (265 Views)
Wastelander
631 posts

May 13, 2013

al2009man wrote:

TSFRJ wrote:

thankyou for the offer but no thanks. every time i try to access offer it wants me to give yallaccess to parts of my facebook account. sorry but i'll take more than a fancy sword for me to hand over/share my FB page info to anyone. Yea the sword looks great

You can send a message to contact@lockwood-studios.c­om if you wanna request to give you a code for it.

I sent them an email to contact@lockwood-studios.c­om to see if they could give codes to those without FaceBook and they told me no. The exact message:

Sorry, this promotion is only available to Facebook users I’m afraid. You can create an account just to receive your free sword of course, but it is up to you.

Kind regards,

Tim

Timothy Smith

Social Media Coordinator

So, boo to you Lockwood! FaceBook will not claim another victim!

Antonio Xul
Message 54 of 61 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

May 13, 2013

I don't have a problem with them restricting it to Facebook accounts, but I do have a problem that they claim all you have to do is Like that page to get the Sword, when if fact you must also give them access to your personal information, friends list, and email address... But you do not find that out until after you Like the page.  It's false advertising clearly designed to mislead people into giving them their personal data.

I suspect that is also why so many are saying they are using fake accounts to get the sword.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 55 of 61 (192 Views)
Wastelander
631 posts

May 13, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

I don't have a problem with them restricting it to Facebook accounts, but I do have a problem that they claim all you have to do is Like that page to get the Sword, when if fact you must also give them access to your personal information, friends list, and email address... But you do not find that out until after you Like the page.  It's false advertising clearly designed to mislead people into giving them their personal data.

I suspect that is also why so many are saying they are using fake accounts to get the sword.

Bingo! That's why I don't want FaceBook in the 1st place. After hearing all the crap that goes on with peoples accounts and private info being given out, I just don't want to deal with all that. I have a question now, does your email that you use to get on Facebook, have to match the one you use on PS Network to get the code?

Antonio Xul
Message 56 of 61 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

May 13, 2013

Anton_Xul wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

Bingo! That's why I don't want FaceBook in the 1st place. After hearing all the crap that goes on with peoples accounts and private info being given out, I just don't want to deal with all that. I have a question now, does your email that you use to get on Facebook, have to match the one you use on PS Network to get the code?

No you can use whatever email you like and personal information you feel like making up to create a Facebook account. If you have no friends on your account there is nothing to share in that venue as well.

I wouldn't use my real life Facebook but I don't really have an issue with my Joanna Dark one. 

Message 57 of 61 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

May 13, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Anton_Xul wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

No you can use whatever email you like and personal information you feel like making up to create a Facebook account. If you have no friends on your account there is nothing to share in that venue as well.

I wouldn't use my real life Facebook but I don't really have an issue with my Joanna Dark one. 

Awesome! Thanks for the answer.

Antonio Xul
Message 58 of 61 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
181 posts

May 13, 2013

For anyone wanting to try to contact Lockwood and ask for a code without using the Facebook route, don't bother, I tried and got a reply that it is only available to users of Facebook. If I wanted to create an account just to get the sword that was up to me but that was the only way they are giving it out.  I am part of that crowd that doesn't want a Facebook account or feels that creating another useless account just to get something free is ridiculous. I can't speak for anyone but myself but HOME related items should be gotten thru a HOME quest or activity not a nonrelated PC aplication or social network. Having put my opinion out there, I really just wanted to let anyone else know that writing them for a code would not work.

Message 59 of 61 (167 Views)
Wastelander
504 posts

May 13, 2013

No JPN Smiley Sad cool looking have fun all who get it

photo moka_zps43a8e4a6.jpghttp://playstationhome.jp
Message 60 of 61 (152 Views)
0 Likes