Feb 03 2009
By: R-Z-A Hekseville Citizen 228 posts

FIRST to complain about Cyd's Virtual Item Wish list :D

48 replies 12 views Edited Feb 3, 2009

CydoniaX wrote:

Greetings, PlayStation Home community!

I know there have been tons of "suggestions for Home items" threads posted already, but the Content Production team here at SCEA Home HQ has asked me to put together a list of 50 or so virtual items that you guys MOST want to see in Home!

Think really hard about it, then post your suggestions here. I can't guarantee what will and won't get made, but you can't get what you want if you don't ask! The more suggestions for the same item I see, the more likely it is to get made. So it's a good idea to back someone else's idea up if you really like it too. 

I'm looking forward to seeing your creativity at work. Post away!

~CydoniaX

HA HA HA!... HA HA.. HAHAHA.. HARDY HAR.... HAR!

Lady... what do you think people have been doing on this forum for the past 2 months?... did you even BOTHER to check the suggestions thread you mentioned? all people have been doing is ask, ask, ask!.. LoL would you please for god sakes stop bringing peoples hopes up just to let them down!?... you guys obviously dont take many of the suggestions into consideration and you almost always respond by saying "we understand you want these things and we are working super duper hard on getting them out to you as soon as possible and we request your patience" (which literally means, this will never happen or sometime next year perhaps lol).. if you guys are working hard to get out the important stuff then stop asking for more suggestions from us!!.. you're just asking for more work and trouble than what you already have to deal with which causes more pressure and tension for you and in return builds frustration for us when you never come through with your words... let me guess.. you made this wish list because you can't admit to us that the important stuff like game launching are being postponed even more? and expect this "wish list" will keep us happy for a few more months? lol its just a guess, not saying thats the reason why!

I can guarantee that the TV and Stereo will be in the top 5, and I can guarantee those two WON'T come out any time soon... instead you will lie to us by saying something ridiculous like "a virtual rock was the most requested item from us" which will make people lthink "huh? what the ef? who asked for that?" just like the case with the virtual cafe!.. no one recalls anyone asking for it but apparently L_S said many people had sent him PM's begging for the Cafe.. LoL!... sorry but that just sounds like a giant, heaping load of BS!Smiley Tongue... even if the Cafe was easier to bring over to ours since its already a completed space then why couldn't it have been the japan theater instead?... lol you honestly expect me to believe that more people requested the cafe over a better theater for us? (especially since most of the people on Home didn't even know a Cafe existed on Home being that it was exclusive for Asia).. this is why I think you guys BS alot when you can't come up with suggestions we want.. and it annoys me even more when you continue to ask for more suggestions.. 

atleast if your going to ask for peoples suggestions say something like "you should know that the request for Stereo's and TV's is a work in progress and won't be ready until NEXT YEAR or possibly NEVER!" this way you wont have EVERYONE asking for it!..

P.S to Anti-Complainers.. I am always going to keep complaining about the Home Staff... because to me they are doing a poor job at maintaining Home, since I am a Sony "customer" I feel I have the right to complain about EVERYTHING the Home Staff does and since they are providing me a "service" they should just take it.. I am the customer after all so OOObviously I am ALWAYS right HAHAHA ... I do enjoy complaining, and its rather easy to do so since Sony rarely does something right!... and for the people who tell me to stop complaining, might I suggest you take your face away from Sony's rear end? lol.. same goes for all the 13 year olds thats obsessed with L_S and Cyd.. lol they are just doing their job to keep us informed no need to thank them for that, I laugh even more when they thank L_S and Cyd for giving them bad news :smileyvery-happy:.. but I do feel a little (just a little) bad for L_S and Cyd cuz they are the two that get blamed on when the Home Staff screw up... but its part of the job so they know what they signed up for...

Cyd and L_S might as well have a bullseye as their PSN logo or change their name to "Aim here" cuz those two will always be my target.. I always have something to complain about something... if you don't like it then why did you read this post, it clearly says I am complaining about something? its not like your going to convince me not to lol

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 49 (12 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5170 posts

Re: FIRST to complain about Cyd's Virtual Item Wish list :D

Feb 3, 2009
In some kind of weird way I have to say.... I KINDA agree with you
Message 2 of 49 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15807 posts

Feb 3, 2009

Sometimes it really doesn't matter what the home managers do.

They are damned if they do, and are damned if they don't.  

Message 3 of 49 (12 Views)
Sackboy
507 posts

Feb 3, 2009

i had similar thoughts, regretably.

i don't think that the 'Home Suggestions' thread is a waste of time, and that it is just getting neglected, but i did wonder why Cyd asked us to make a wish list..... the way i understand things: the top kudoed ideas in the 'Home Suggestions' thread, and the most repeated ideas, get noted/written down, and then Cyd & L_S get together every week (or however often), and discuss them with the different Home 'bodies' i.e. Devs, project managers.... so basically Cyd & L_S compile wish lists all the time.

i understand that 'Home Suggestions' is filled with tons of ideas other than virtual items, but there must be hundreds of ideas for virtual items that already exist. going with what Cyd & L_S have told us, you would think that there was already a list of the top 50 most requested items. alas, it does not seem so....

though i'm not going to get irate and go on a tantrum(no offense to the OP), i am curious as to the logic behind this. oh well, i'm just going to smile and nod and add my ideas to the 'Wish List'. couldn't hurt right?

Message 4 of 49 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4030 posts

Feb 3, 2009

I agree with ya OP.

From the very start they have been so incredibly secrative to where  98% of the information known about home wasn't from Sony.    (FYI, that kanji means secret, lol)

While I understand the initial secretiveness, and yea, like Locust or Cyd said, yea they dont want Failbox or Ouitard devs know what Sony is doing, I GET THAT. But DELIVER ALREADY, its getting just outright ridiculous. Again, the people want the TV's and Radios, get it done, screw the cafe, if I want to use the cafe, ill goto my japan account. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 49 (12 Views)
Sackboy
507 posts

Feb 3, 2009

BitRunner wrote:

I'd like to say the thread is a pointless waste of time, however, initially I don't think there were as many requests about the media sharing features b/c people assumed it was coming.  Then out of left field on that Kotaku interview back in December Jack Busers says, "well if you want those features you've gotta request them in the forums" as if to imply that these were features they were dropping off if they thought they could slip by the board on that one.  Now you look at this new post and people are stating left and right that they want these features.

It just goes to show that changing management doesn't change what people really want.  People still really want this stuff, they want the Home that Phil Harrison helped us envision, this highly accessible social network will all kinds of forms of higher communication through media sharing that would help us get to know our fellow gamers really well.  We want our game launching too but since that's not a "Virtual Item" I guess it didn't apply there (besides which we know it's all coming it's just a matter of time).  I really hope this gets the direction going in the way it should and sets the priorities to make these things come to fruition as soon as possible.  Yes, mini-games and game/non-game spaces are nice and they do add some extra value to the service, but core features are really what keeps people coming back.  I sincerely hope that they take this as a sign that we're really looking to them to help make Home a feature-rich social networking environment, and we're not just simply here to walk around in paid-for virtual clothing.

uggghhhh.... dont get me started on jack busers. that interview was, IMO, nothing but a publicity stunt. i would like to know what he gets paid to do......

other than that, i gotta say i agree wit ya

Message 6 of 49 (12 Views)
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Feb 3, 2009

BitRunner wrote:

I'd like to say the thread is a pointless waste of time, however, initially I don't think there were as many requests about the media sharing features b/c people assumed it was coming.  Then out of left field on that Kotaku interview back in December Jack Busers says, "well if you want those features you've gotta request them in the forums" as if to imply that these were features they were dropping off if they thought they could slip by the board on that one.  Now you look at this new post and people are stating left and right that they want these features.

It just goes to show that changing management doesn't change what people really want.  People still really want this stuff, they want the Home that Phil Harrison helped us envision, this highly accessible social network will all kinds of forms of higher communication through media sharing that would help us get to know our fellow gamers really well.  We want our game launching too but since that's not a "Virtual Item" I guess it didn't apply there (besides which we know it's all coming it's just a matter of time).  I really hope this gets the direction going in the way it should and sets the priorities to make these things come to fruition as soon as possible.  Yes, mini-games and game/non-game spaces are nice and they do add some extra value to the service, but core features are really what keeps people coming back.  I sincerely hope that they take this as a sign that we're really looking to them to help make Home a feature-rich social networking environment, and we're not just simply here to walk around in paid-for virtual clothing.

I hear by state that BitRunner tooks the words right out of my mouth

Message 7 of 49 (12 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5009 posts

Feb 3, 2009

It just goes to show that changing management doesn't change what people really want.  People still really want this stuff, they want the Home that Phil Harrison helped us envision, this highly accessible social network with all kinds of forms of higher communication through media sharing that would help us get to know our fellow gamers really well.  We want our game launching too but since that's not a "Virtual Item" I guess it didn't apply there (besides which we know it's all coming it's just a matter of time).  I really hope this gets the direction going in the way it should and sets the priorities to make these things come to fruition as soon as possible.  Yes, mini-games and game/non-game spaces are nice and they do add some extra value to the service, but core features are really what keeps people coming back.  I sincerely hope that they take this as a sign that we're really looking to them to help make Home a feature-rich social networking environment, and we're not just simply here to walk around in paid-for virtual clothing.

Message Edited by BitRunner on 02-03-2009 11:11 AM
Visit my CG Art Gallery at: http://www.johnnyernest.com/projects.php
Message 8 of 49 (12 Views)
Wastelander
725 posts

Feb 3, 2009
It really is a lose/lose. I think the biggest issue is just how unorganized this WHOLE service is. You all have been asking for specific items for a very long time (not just tvs and picture frames) and they have not yet delivered. Therefore they have not gained any trust. NOW they are asking us to make a list of things we want or else we might not ever see. How about you give us some items first, you know, think of them your self, things that would obviously be enjoyed by the vast majority. THEN when you run out of kindergarden ideas, we could make a list.
Message 9 of 49 (12 Views)
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

Feb 3, 2009
I totally agree, I mean why ask us what we want when this whole forum tells them what we have been asking for. And the Cafe, are you serious, why the hell couldnt we at least get the euro home theatre. They have a big scrren in the middle with zack snyder giving the home community a greeting and talking about watchmen, watchmen posters all over the place and other posters too, a second floor, 10 EFFING AUDUTORIUMS that are all playing something different. And the best part is that this space is already made, all they had to do is copy it over just like what they did with the lame cafe. And I posted several times in different threads and suggestions for home threads that we want the theatre and i have heard lots of other people say the same things. I havent seen anyone posting about the lame cafe but hey were getting it, isnt everyone excited we get another lame place to sit and look at eachother and complain some more! 
paladin_veltron
Message 10 of 49 (12 Views)
0 Likes