Reply
Last Guardian
Registered: 10/06/2004
Offline
12198 posts
 

Re: FIRST Month Assessment Grade is C? Updated 1/15 Scores and Stats (n=52)...

Jan 16, 2009

jiggyteddy wrote:

OddSix wrote:

Nice Thread Teddy

 

I grade Home now with a C

 


 

But why a C?

 

  • Take a look around, nothing that was expected by myself has come through yet Home still functions the way I thought it would:  C
  • The general quality of people that are here now are what I expected, good or bad ignorance is ignorance: B
  • People that stuck around here and now are not respected by others as well as they should be, this pertains to Home managers mostly as they seem to not care and want to get this all over with asap, which in turn I rate them and management: D
  • Speaking of respect, little to none is given to those by new members and even old these days, and in turn affects Homes quality all around because the ignorance they show here leaks over into Home its self: C
  • Seems as though there is still tons of Cake to be eaten in Home when the OB was supposed to gotten rid of the Cake all together, seems with every new update they take away from something: F
  • "They CAN Help it", yet they choose not to, im talking about Home Devs and management, there are a lot of things they could have done and that could be doing now that just might set Home in its final motion:  D
  • There are some upsides to this mess though, for one Home works better then I thought it would as far as how well it functions technically, for as little crashes as I have seen I rate it: A
  • The price of gear and what kind of gear is what I expected: A

 

Hope this helps out a little.

 

I myself haven't really logged in for sometime, I feel if I can't get through to the managers or members then I don't need to be apart of something I am not welcome in don't the first place, the only welcome I have ever got was from people I already knew.

 

I go in Home these days and it seems no one cares who you are anymore, in the closed Beta it was better because everyone knew eachother, now its mess when you get disrespected by people you never met when it was YOU that in turn made the OB possible...

 

So I bid farewell to Home, but not the Boards...  I warned the managers about mistreating the people who backed Home up from the beginning but they didn't listen, now they must reap what they sew imo...  I say enjoy the ignorance as they allowed it to happen anyway.


There goes smurf, my true friend on this board.

 

Thanks for sharing.  I know you would have something great to share with the community.

 

As for the final passage... I understand exactly what you are talking about.  And there is not a damn thing that can be done.  


Sorry it couldnt be more possitive Teddy, I really did dig in deep for something but I kept comeing up emptyhanded

Photobucket
Message 130 of 226 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/20/2008
Offline
8666 posts
 

Re: FIRST Month Assessment Grade is C? Updated 1/15 Scores and Stats (n=52)...

Jan 16, 2009

By difinition a beta is a test program so I don't see how someone can rank a beta?  Seeing that a beta is an UNFINISHED program.  The only way I can see this being done is to grade how many people are useing Home.  Everytime I log onto Home I see that's it's packed with people useing it so in that way I see Home being a huge success. 

 

I've read most of the posts here and what I'm seeing is most people are picking small bug's in Home's programeing and makeing a big deal about it.  Beta's are allowed to have bug's (that's why they are called beta's) and far as Home goes it has far fewer then most beta programs I've seen in the past.

 

There has been many questions about the open mic's.  Sony gave us open mic's and we shown Sony that we are not that responsible there where ton's of  racist, sexist and just plan old rude remarks given all the time.  I know people that where called "cracker" and many other names.  There is no way that I know of that Sony can wach to see what everyone on there network is saying.  Don't forget just about ever time this happens someone files a report to Sony and they are the one's that have to deal with it.

 

I'm also sick of people saying that they just don't like Home!  No one really cairs if you do or you don't.  Sony knows that not everyone is going to like and or use the Home program they have said this many time's.  But I just find it lame that all people can say.  "I don't like Home" O.k, now tell us why or how you would make Home better (if possable).  

 

Last I'll say this if you really want Home to be a better plase tell Sony about something that they have already made and how it would be possable to make it better.  I'll give you guys a few examples of this:

  • Put a time limit on the bowling, chess and poll games.
  • being able to win or buy new bowling ball's
  • Make Nigt and day

 

 

***********************************
Folding@home Team #118000
***********************************
GAPHome

             

               General

Message 131 of 226 (14 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/01/2008
Offline
5125 posts
 

Re: FIRST Month Assessment Grade is C? Updated 1/15 Scores and Stats (n=52)...

Jan 16, 2009

lol oddsix. somehow im not too surprised about your opinions but i still say that it is decent for what it is. the cake will live on though. trust me.

Home is nothing nore that a Companion. It just helps you get to that cake faster my friend

 

GAP_member_since_2001_____________________Home_Closed_Beta_Tester
Message 132 of 226 (14 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 08/29/2007
Offline
212 posts
 

Re: FIRST Month Assessment Grade is C? Updated 1/15 Scores and Stats (n=52)...

Jan 16, 2009
It deserves a C-. They have had more than enough time to get this together! Again there is nuthing to do... they need more games and online ranking stats.
Message 133 of 226 (14 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/20/2008
Offline
8666 posts
 

Re: FIRST Month Assessment Grade is C? Updated 1/15 Scores and Stats (n=52)...

Jan 16, 2009

YouBlowinMyHigh wrote:
It deserves a C-. They have had more than enough time to get this together! Again there is nuthing to do... they need more games and online ranking stats.

 

Nothing like Home has ever been done before there never was any blueprints or anything like that to go from.  So how can you say "They have had more then enough time"?  Also Sony never said anything about Home haveing game's other then what you see in the arcade.  This new EA spot is news to us all.  But the bottom line is that Sony make's it's monny by selling games so it would not be in there best in their best interest to give away free games.  I know for a fact that never was in there plans.

***********************************
Folding@home Team #118000
***********************************
GAPHome

             

               General

Message 134 of 226 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/30/2007
Offline
5009 posts
 

Re: FIRST Month Assessment Grade is C? Updated 1/15 Scores and Stats (n=52)...

Jan 16, 2009

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

By difinition a beta is a test program so I don't see how someone can rank a beta?  Seeing that a beta is an UNFINISHED program.  The only way I can see this being done is to grade how many people are useing Home.  Everytime I log onto Home I see that's it's packed with people useing it so in that way I see Home being a huge success. 

 

I've read most of the posts here and what I'm seeing is most people are picking small bug's in Home's programeing and makeing a big deal about it.  Beta's are allowed to have bug's (that's why they are called beta's) and far as Home goes it has far fewer then most beta programs I've seen in the past.

 

There has been many questions about the open mic's.  Sony gave us open mic's and we shown Sony that we are not that responsible there where ton's of  racist, sexist and just plan old rude remarks given all the time.  I know people that where called "cracker" and many other names.  There is no way that I know of that Sony can wach to see what everyone on there network is saying.  Don't forget just about ever time this happens someone files a report to Sony and they are the one's that have to deal with it.

 

I'm also sick of people saying that they just don't like Home!  No one really cairs if you do or you don't.  Sony knows that not everyone is going to like and or use the Home program they have said this many time's.  But I just find it lame that all people can say.  "I don't like Home" O.k, now tell us why or how you would make Home better (if possable).  

 

Last I'll say this if you really want Home to be a better plase tell Sony about something that they have already made and how it would be possable to make it better.  I'll give you guys a few examples of this:

  • Put a time limit on the bowling, chess and poll games.
  • being able to win or buy new bowling ball's
  • Make Nigt and day

 

 


Meh...  if you're going to troll the thread with pointless ranting at least use proper spelling and grammar.

Visit my CG Art Gallery at: http://www.johnnyernest.com/projects.php
Message 135 of 226 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 08/29/2007
Offline
212 posts
 

Re: FIRST Month Assessment Grade is C? Updated 1/15 Scores and Stats (n=52)...

Jan 16, 2009
I have been in the home since the beta. If you do your research home has been planned since playstation 2. They have had so much time to plan and get this home thing ready its ridiculous! I will pay for extra games nobody said they had to be free. Stop taking up for the lack of organization!
Message 136 of 226 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/20/2008
Offline
8666 posts
 

Re: FIRST Month Assessment Grade is C? Updated 1/15 Scores and Stats (n=52)...

Jan 16, 2009

BitRunner wrote:

 

 

Meh...  if you're going to troll the thread with pointless ranting at least use proper spelling and grammar.


 

lol, get over your self.  Sorry to say I just think of you as a joke you never bring any facts into the topic or anything else to that fact.


YouBlowinMyHigh wrote:
I have been in the home since the beta. If you do your research home has been planned since playstation 2. They have had so much time to plan and get this home thing ready its ridiculous! I will pay for extra games nobody said they had to be free. Stop taking up for the lack of organization!

 

Yes, I have also been in the beta from day one.  What you said about Sony starting work back in PS2 days is also true.  But as I said before nothing like this has ever been tryed before.  There where no blueprints for Sony to go by.  I've also been a beta tester for testing out Windows XP, Vista and now Windows 7.  It takes Microsoft about 5 years of programing for each new Windows program or OS they come out with.  Now don't get me wrong some program's take less time to program then others but makeing a big program like Home is going to take alot of time.

 

I'm also a programer went to College for it long time ago.  So I know what I'm talking about when I say...  In no way is Sony takeing a "ridiculous" amout of time in makeing Home.

***********************************
Folding@home Team #118000
***********************************
GAPHome

             

               General

Message 137 of 226 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/15/2008
Offline
216 posts
 

Re: FIRST Month Assessment Grade is C? Updated 1/15 Scores and Stats (n=52)...

Jan 16, 2009
D
OMG ITS BETA! OMGOMG ITS FREEEEEE!!!
Message 138 of 226 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 12/02/2006
Offline
358 posts
 

Re: FIRST Month Assessment Grade is C? Updated 1/15 Scores and Stats (n=52)...

Jan 16, 2009

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

BitRunner wrote:

 

 

Meh...  if you're going to troll the thread with pointless ranting at least use proper spelling and grammar.


 

lol, get over your self.  Sorry to say I just think of you as a joke you never bring any facts into the topic or anything else to that fact.


YouBlowinMyHigh wrote:
I have been in the home since the beta. If you do your research home has been planned since playstation 2. They have had so much time to plan and get this home thing ready its ridiculous! I will pay for extra games nobody said they had to be free. Stop taking up for the lack of organization!

 

Yes, I have also been in the beta from day one.  What you said about Sony starting work back in PS2 days is also true.  But as I said before nothing like this has ever been tryed before.  There where no blueprints for Sony to go by.  I've also been a beta tester for testing out Windows XP, Vista and now Windows 7.  It takes Microsoft about 5 years of programing for each new Windows program or OS they come out with.  Now don't get me wrong some program's take less time to program then others but makeing a big program like Home is going to take alot of time.

 

I'm also a programer went to College for it long time ago.  So I know what I'm talking about when I say...  In no way is Sony takeing a "ridiculous" amout of time in makeing Home.


From one programmer to another programmer..... UMMM NO!!  World of Warcraft makes Home look like the grasshopper in Aesop's fable.

Message 139 of 226 (14 Views)
0 Likes