Ghost of Sparta
13193 posts

Re: FAMILY FUN...OR ADULT THEMES? THE LINE BLURS.

Jul 1, 2012

Shadow-Runner wrote:
 Is it ok AL? IS IT??? If not, then why does the staff promote these themes to 13 year old children?

Answer that for a million dollars. LOL

Everything u say is more than Rated R/M Smiley Tongue

Message 11 of 26 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13193 posts

Jul 1, 2012

DCS-Tekken wrote:

I'll be known as the Terminator!

That leads to the next Terminator Movie set in PlayStation Home

Message 12 of 26 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2039 posts

Jul 1, 2012

Yo Dawn. 

Let me clairfy something for you: I am one individual who DOESNT have any problems with Home, the way it is, or how it's designed to function. Im a full grown adult myself, and i for one prefer what i see on Home to be of an adult nature. I think youre taking my meanings and points a bit too far, and forming biased judgements against them. Take a minute to comprehend what i am actually saying. 

It also helps if you have children of your own, so that you can understand what im saying from a "parental POV". It's all about the marketing and advertising of Home and how they spin it to target children 13 and up. By saying Home is "family friendly" and something the whole family can enjoy, from children to adults....you are basically throwing minor children into a category with grown adults, and making it sound like it's OKAY to advertise adult and suggestive themes to them. IDC how much you love and defend Home at this point...it's not right to treat children as if they were grown adults! Look at the Activity Board in the HUB and notice all the "sexual offers" you see. When people are soliciting cyber sex on cam for PSN cards or whatever, that isnt something meant for a CHILD! You either get that, or you dont! But dont try to sit there and defend Home for what it is...when our youth is being targeted in the same manner as a grown adult would be. THIS ISNT SECOND LIFE! 

Then again, it's not Free Realms either...which is why im saying if the Home Team is gonna advertising something as being "family friendly"...then they need to get their definition right on what they mean by that. Like i said...you cant advertise a 6 pack of Bud Light on tv and have it say "Now it's something the whole family can enjoy" while showing kids in the background. 

THINK about what im saying before you jump to conclusions and passing judgement. If you seriously think there is nothing wrong with advertising adult themes, sexual themes, drug and alcohol themes to minor children...under the guise of a "family friendly" label....then this thread, AND it's message just isnt for you. Have a good day. ^_^

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 13 of 26 (226 Views)
Survivor
2039 posts

Jul 1, 2012

Yes, that was the point AL. Everything i said was more than rated R/M. I was using them as examples and asking you if it was ok to promote these things to a teenage child? Thats why we have the FCC and ESRB as well as other things in place. You wouldnt promote and advertise these things to children in RL...therefore it shouldnt be justifiable to do it on here, either. 

Theres a place for children...and theres a place for adults. And Sony has basically thrown us ALL into the same sandbox and said "HAVE FUN". 

Like i said...you either get my point, or you dont. I cant make it any clearer. 

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 14 of 26 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
389 posts

Jul 1, 2012
As long as anything exists, there will be someone to complain about it.
Message 15 of 26 (209 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1406 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 1, 2012

LOL Shadow!
I am honest enough to say that I personally do not like children. I would however raise a tot in Home as a companion. Kinda made me think of dolphys with a little Keele thrown in. That made me smile. I enjoyed your OP.

Message 16 of 26 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13193 posts

Jul 1, 2012

Shadow-Runner wrote:

Like i said...you either get my point, or you dont. I cant make it any clearer. 

I got your Point.

Message 17 of 26 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1362 posts

Jul 1, 2012

Did we really need another post about this subject? There's thousands of them out there, already.

If I ignore the bugs and lack of features, I like Home as it is. I'd say it has a little something for everyone. Home is meant for fun and not to be taken as seriously as some think it should be. Real life provides much worse things than what Home does.

I find it dumb to attack the innuedos from the Midway spaces, due to the fact that I'm willing to bet a lot of us watched the older cartoons, when we were growing up. There were plenty of innuednos in them, but we didn't notice until we were older. At a young age, not all kids instantly think like perverts.

If young kids decide to sneak into Home, that's not Sony's fault. Home has its 13 and up requirment for Home and can't stop anyone younger from getting on Home. While I believe that Home should be 16 and up, because I think anyone under 16 is just way too **bleep** young to be in any form of a chat room, there would still be no way to keep all of the kiddies out of Home. Not to mention, many things have been described as being family fun for ages 13 and up, in real life. So I can't really find it in me to get mad at Sony for that.

All in all, I think people are just grasping for straws, when it comes to this topic about Home.

And the Angel of the Lord came unto me, snatching me up from my place of slumber. And took me on high, and higher still until we moved to the spaces betwixt the air itself. And he brought me into a vast farmlands of our own midwest. And as we descended, cries of impending doom rose from the soil. One thousand, nay a million voices full of fear. And terror possessed me then. And I begged, "Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?" And the angel said unto me, "These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots!“
Message 18 of 26 (184 Views)
Fender Bender
3241 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 1, 2012

Shadow-Runner wrote:

Yo Dawn. 

Let me clairfy something for you: I am one individual who DOESNT have any problems with Home, the way it is, or how it's designed to function. Im a full grown adult myself, and i for one prefer what i see on Home to be of an adult nature. I think youre taking my meanings and points a bit too far, and forming biased judgements against them. Take a minute to comprehend what i am actually saying. 

It also helps if you have children of your own, so that you can understand what im saying from a "parental POV". It's all about the marketing and advertising of Home and how they spin it to target children 13 and up. By saying Home is "family friendly" and something the whole family can enjoy, from children to adults....you are basically throwing minor children into a category with grown adults, and making it sound like it's OKAY to advertise adult and suggestive themes to them. IDC how much you love and defend Home at this point...it's not right to treat children as if they were grown adults! Look at the Activity Board in the HUB and notice all the "sexual offers" you see. When people are soliciting cyber sex on cam for PSN cards or whatever, that isnt something meant for a CHILD! You either get that, or you dont! But dont try to sit there and defend Home for what it is...when our youth is being targeted in the same manner as a grown adult would be. THIS ISNT SECOND LIFE! 

Then again, it's not Free Realms either...which is why im saying if the Home Team is gonna advertising something as being "family friendly"...then they need to get their definition right on what they mean by that. Like i said...you cant advertise a 6 pack of Bud Light on tv and have it say "Now it's something the whole family can enjoy" while showing kids in the background. 

THINK about what im saying before you jump to conclusions and passing judgement. If you seriously think there is nothing wrong with advertising adult themes, sexual themes, drug and alcohol themes to minor children...under the guise of a "family friendly" label....then this thread, AND it's message just isnt for you. Have a good day. ^_^

And whether people choose to label threads like this as trivial or not, the fact that the lines of FAMILY vs ADULT themes have been blurred time after time in Home due to the way  items here are marketed and whom the sales is actually geared towards. Its no secret that now kids under the age of 13 make up the Lions share of all sales due to peer relevance and parental badgering for money to buy such items. The bottom line is children are NOT adults.

The OP didnt mention or state he took issue, he simply pointed out a fact many people choose to ignore. And its a safe assumption that the many that choose to argue in defense of this practice DONT have YOUNG CHILDREN of their own.

So if the blind are leading the blind, it doesnt always make all of us incapable of seeing.

Jus sayin

Message 19 of 26 (166 Views)
Fender Bender
2518 posts

Jul 1, 2012

Lets not forget how families get started. Cat Wink

Message 20 of 26 (164 Views)
0 Likes