Uncharted Territory
1804 posts

Re: Extra Life: PS3 Home Community

Oct 16, 2011

WHAT! I thought itwas tracked? I left my PS3on because I had work that day and waned to elp out. Crap What do I do now? I have no time next week for the 24 hrs. How am I supposed to earn $$$ if my hrs arent tracked?

Call Of Duty: Black Ops FTW !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daisy May Dixon 10~4~10
My Loving Dog

Join the Helghast Army today!
Message 91 of 101 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5185 posts

Oct 16, 2011

sorry johnny,

it doesnt work that way, its at your own free will to keep track of them hours and by do ur best to let those you know to help raise money fer the cause, Extra Life will continue so you still can do something towards it, the gaming marathon was meant fer yesterday thou you still can help towards the cause even after it.

hope that answers your question

Message 92 of 101 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3568 posts

Oct 16, 2011

I don't think the hours you do really matter... well I mean it is for a good cause so tey and do the hours... yet the important thing is helping the kids the best way you can... even if its just gaming... Yet If you can not do the time, try to find another to sponser even if its just a dollar... if you can not do the hours its better to find a friend to sponser that shares your hospital location...

Also durring the Event, Mr.Glasswalls even join in on the Game time!!!

tracking would break some major copy right laws unless they state otherwise, Like HOME says that you can be recorded at anytime and so on, or the New Uncharted TV thing... Yet Tracking you PS3 would make me what to swith to Wii... although I am pretty sure they know when your PS3 is connected on their Server, yet watching everything we do would not only be a privacy invation, it would also take up to much man power that they simply do not have, and could much better go to the Gaming Event its self...

I have used a Live Broadcast to keep track of my time, yet not everyone can do that, so there is no way to tell that someone did all the hours, yet just getting the money to the children is the important part...

I came to say this Event is Amazing... It is truely a showing of HOW AWESOME GAMERS are!!!! I have been a Strong believer that Gaming can save the world... and this is just a start of what can be done... a very great one at that...

I got an email this morning right after I passed out stating that the event raised over 1.1 million dollars for Children... Extra-Life... I would say 1million Extra lifes for that!!!

Most who know me know I dispise money in general... yet when it does something like this, for once I can appreciate the monetary system... well for this cause I can... So on that Note...

Great Work EVERYONE involved... Great work to the Gamers, Great Work to the Sponsers, Great Work to the game Devs, Great work to the Site Staff...Great Work to all the hospital staff that help on a daily bases, Great work to their freinds and familys that supported them however they could... And to the Children, We love you, and wish you many many Extra-Lives...

(if anyone is interested, I am looking into a console drive of some sort... I have to check with the Hospital near me first, yet I was thinking what better way to help local hospitals, then to give them consoles that are collecting Dust. Plus they can join in on festivities next year... they cant join the site causr they are under 18, yet getting to play along might be They Still Work, they are still great games, and it could give the children something to do why they wait for tests and stuff... If anyone has any ideas on how we can do this as a team let me know please I will be trying my best to work out some details.)

photo NewVLR-1.jpg
Message 93 of 101 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Oct 17, 2011

SpicyEyes5 wrote:

i went to bed saterday morning at 5 am woke up at 8 and jumped right in i was tored around 11 am but took a 20 minute break around 2:30 3:00 to make dinner and walk around lol and i finished uncharted 1 and i still have 5 1/2 hrs left going strong caught my third wind or maybe it was my 7th hahaha to tired to rememeber.i decided i wasnt going to break to often so i made dinner while i played multitasking is fun.:)

cdu7882 wrote:

Hello Spicy and Music man. Good to see you two are alive and awake. I have only had 4 hours of sleep or less, so I feel kind of zombie eyed right now O.O. Time seems to be slowly ticking by at the moment. Need more 5 hour energy.

I did kind of the same thing. I put some time in before yesterday. I played from 9 p.m.. until 4 a.m. on the 14th, and then from 10 am until 6 am yesterday. I was awake at 8 am, but had some things to do before I started gaming.

Message 94 of 101 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
2875 posts

Oct 19, 2011

Yup, Patchex and others found me out (and donated!). I couldn't help myself. I got excited that Saturday morning and decided to jump in at the very last minute with a reasonable goal for such a last minute decision. Thanks to everyone, I was able to smash my goal!

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&eventID=501&participantID=2649...

Though this was fun though a bit grueling because I refused to take many breaks, it was totally worth it.

Here was my day:

8:30am - 11am: Castlevania: Lord of Shadows (worked a bit farther through the game in solo campaign)

11am - 8pm: Resistance 3 (co-op with UNCyrus). We played all the way through the co-op, start to finish. AWESOME.

8pm - 2am: ModNation Racers (multi-player with friends and new friends)

2am - finish: LittleBigPlanet 2 (multi-player till I passed out mid-level)

I will be doing this again for sure next year.

Message 95 of 101 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3568 posts

Oct 20, 2011

Thats Awesome News Mr. Glasswalls...

Lets Hope even more take the same steps...

Also I will note its not over yet, we still have time this week to help a little more if anyone missed the event...

photo NewVLR-1.jpg
Message 96 of 101 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3568 posts

Feb 19, 2012

Hey David... I got this email, So the Date for the Next Extra Life Event has been set... Never to early to start Planning... I will not be on a team this year, yet I have started my fund raising efforts via Family and close Friends already... I will be off line at least until then, yet I wish you luck in your Community Efforts if you Raise a Team again this year... Let me know if your gona Captain again and Ill send your team a few bucks for the effort...

https://app.e2ma.net/app/view:CampaignPublic/id:24905.11678409927/rid:e7d30b87b4f383934d7b5baaaa255d...

photo NewVLR-1.jpg
Message 97 of 101 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13194 posts

Feb 19, 2012

Patchex wrote:

Hey David... I got this email, So the Date for the Next Extra Life Event has been set... Never to early to start Planning... I will not be on a team this year, yet I have started my fund raising efforts via Family and close Friends already... I will be off line at least until then, yet I wish you luck in your Community Efforts if you Raise a Team again this year... Let me know if your gona Captain again and Ill send your team a few bucks for the effort...

https://app.e2ma.net/app/view:CampaignPublic/id:24905.11678409927/rid:e7d30b87b4f383934d7b5baaaa255d...

for those who don't like link:

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb451/AL2009man/beahero.png

Message 98 of 101 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5185 posts

Feb 21, 2012

yes plan on doing it again, looking forward to help bring more Community awareness on it as well and  this time we'll definitely be more prepared than last year

Message 99 of 101 (94 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 20, 2012
Haha
Message 100 of 101 (91 Views)
0 Likes