I Only Post Everything
555 posts

Re: Evil Tree Posters....WT??? FAIL!!

May 21, 2013
That is terrible. Just looking at the photos though, the LOOT posters are about quadruple the size of those postage stamps. I can understand people being upset.

I generally have no use for pre-rendered posters as I find a much greater variety of creativity by adding my own images. But I agree that there shouldn’t be a reason why they can’t replace a larger version. Perhaps if more people follow Savage’s cue and constructively voice their concern they may feel compelled to revisit the matter. I’ll probably still buy their Temptation Treehouse though. It can’t possibly be any worse that that *other* treehouse, can it?
Photobucket
Message 11 of 68 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
403 posts

May 21, 2013

A friend bought them and was very disappointed by the small size. He wanted large posters to put on his walls, not those tiny things.  I saw someone else's solution was to download images from the web of these posters and then stick them in frames, but if you've already paid for POSTERS, you should be able to see the darn things unaided by a camera zoom!

Message 12 of 68 (319 Views)
Fender Bender
2003 posts

May 21, 2013

Why would anyone want that picture of a skeezy skunk with implants on their wall no matter what the size?

Message 13 of 68 (302 Views)
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

May 21, 2013

EdwCarnby wrote:
Wow..

Yeah, I'll pass.

Same here, too bad this NA company can't seem to get going good, I am a little surprised not many have posted about these.

Message 14 of 68 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

May 21, 2013

I wonder if Evil Tree even uses Home?

To sell such a small poster, I wouldnt even call it a poster as a poster is at least 3 times that size.

I say we all go on twitter and help CMC tell them to make them bigger.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 15 of 68 (254 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8190 posts

May 21, 2013

Agreed. Unless the item/image is of unusual scale, the whole concept is fairly moot.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
With few exceptions, true suppression, repression and oppression is often fueled by fear, not by logic or reasonable morality
Message 16 of 68 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8190 posts

May 21, 2013

Use your PS3's browser with Google image search to locate exact same images. These images will be available with any frame.
Or if the browser is not to your liking, use your PC/MAC to dl the images, then use the PS3's USB functionality to import. Any images can be lightened with freeware or shareware image altering software.

Prefab image frames are completely useless if one chooses to make them so.

Also, lighting in a personal space greatly affects the visibility of the image. Lighten images for darker spaces.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
With few exceptions, true suppression, repression and oppression is often fueled by fear, not by logic or reasonable morality
Message 17 of 68 (239 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4526 posts

[ Edited ]
May 21, 2013

I posted about this (using frames and images instead of being limited to single item posters) a month ago and again last week, and no one seemed to care (well maybe one person)...

Poster packs from Evil Tree Studios! Question!

D-Nitrate wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

If these are wall hanging items, like the movie posters from Crackle... Why wouldn't someone just use one of the large frames, and simply use the same or very similar images already readily available on the internet?

This way you have an unlimited supply of "posters" without having to add multiple posters to your wall hangings folder.

Also, this way, for the ladies, they don't have to wait for Evil Tree to come out with posters with guys on them, as I'm sure you can find plenty of fantasy art work featuring male characters with Google Image search.

I get why some people like standee items in Home, as you can't create your own standees obviously, but posters and art work is so easy to make your own, and thus your options are practically limitless.

DSCN3003b.jpg

Best of all, you aren't limited to any of these specific posters, Google Image search is full of amazing fantasy images and you can also pair them with whatever frame you think looks best.  I just don't get the appeal of a single poster items, when frames allow you to do so much more, for no extra cost, and don't add more items into your wall hanging folders.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 18 of 68 (266 Views)
Big Daddy
12900 posts

May 21, 2013

This is how big I'd thought it would be....Smiley Surprised

Now that's a poster...

bpos.JPG

Message 19 of 68 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
12900 posts

May 21, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

I posted about this a month ago and again last week, and no one seemed to care (well maybe one person)...

Poster packs from Evil Tree Studios! Question!

I saw your post, but you didn't actually buy one though. 

Message 20 of 68 (257 Views)
0 Likes