Highlighted
May 27 2007
By: WhyKlef~ First Son 10 posts

Everyone but me getting Home or what??

25 replies 7 views Edited May 27, 2007
I read here and there in the forums that Sony is sending more and more Home Beta invites... I've been dying to get into Home as my PS3 is not really getting a lot of my attention ever since my purchase... I did enjoy 2 hours of Resistance this week though...

So what's the deal, ever since GDC i've been check: homebetatrial.com every single day and sometimes 3-4 times a day and never could apply. The peoples getting sudden invites, where do they apply for the beta? Please, enlighten me as i'd really like to join the already growing community of Home Beta Testers!

P.S. Anything i should know about PS Underground forums? I'm new around here ^^
Message 1 of 26 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2512 posts

Re: Everyone but me getting Home or what??

May 27, 2007
The e-mail invites were randomly sent.
Message 2 of 26 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

May 27, 2007
I read on the GAP page that when you register your games and things it will increase your chances for Beta.  It also states that you must be at least 18. 
Message 3 of 26 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
356 posts

May 27, 2007
that home beta site was a scam you had to be a gap member to sign up for the beta then you had to be picked from there
Got My Ps3 March 16 2007
PSN ID: Biglipsxi
Message 4 of 26 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

May 27, 2007
Thanks for replying guys, much appreciated, so as you can see i'm new, what is the meaning of GAP and how is such status achieved?
Message 5 of 26 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
356 posts

May 27, 2007
gap is game advisory panel you get chosen randomly but you increase your chances by keeping your profile up to date and regestering your systems
Got My Ps3 March 16 2007
Message 6 of 26 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2512 posts

May 27, 2007

biglipsxi1 wrote:
that home beta site was a scam you had to be a gap member to sign up for the beta then you had to be picked from there

This is a lie. Do not listen to this guy. It is proven that non-GAP members have gotten into the beta.
Message 7 of 26 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
356 posts

May 27, 2007
that survey was only given out to gap members im not in gap but i filled out the survey ........ i never said gap members were the only ones in home i said you had to be a gap member to recieve the survey
Got My Ps3 March 16 2007
Message 8 of 26 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

May 27, 2007
I understand that Sony goes for some of it's members more then others but i find it very frustrating to know such information. It's well known in Quebec that most job will employ quebecers but they will at least get a few ethnicities so it looks "fair" for everybody. I'm a mix myself and i find these type of things to be hard to deal with. Especially when you've been growing up in a world where people feel like they owe you something because your considered "different". Everybody should be given the same chance as anybody else to access these Beta Trials regardless of status or anything else.

I've bought a PSX, a PS2 (which broke), one PSTwo (Slim), two PSPs cause i got one that got stolen, i bought a PS3 and about a hundred games for all these consoles put together and this is without considering all the accessories i've gotten. What about that? I haven't gave my share of money to get into Home? Sony doesn't care as i am no "Game Advisory Panel". I know so much about games, it's my passion. Some will call it obsession. Knowing about something such as Home and not being able to test it is unfair. For me and anybody else like me. And those that aren't too that just want to enjoy something new.

Please do believe that my thoughts would be the same even if i was in Home Beta Trial right now, only, i'd keep my mouth shut to tell the truth.
Message 9 of 26 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

May 27, 2007
Sorry for double post,

Do not misunderstand me, i'm not screaming for racism or anything, i'm just saying that dividing people is part of the natural human behavior and logical process. I just wish i didn't knew about it. And even more, i wish it wouldn't be the case.
Message 10 of 26 (7 Views)
0 Likes