920 posts

Re: Everybody who didn't get into home beta, take a deep breath

Apr 26, 2007

winlonghorn wrote:

Tideas wrote:

winlonghorn wrote:

chawknz wrote:

winlonghorn wrote:
I am going to favor my Xbox 360 alot more over PS3 now! I hate lying, cheating companies! This is the reason that they are having to lay off employees now! I have yet to have any REALLY positive experiences with Sony! I mean, Star Wars Galaxies failed me, they promised that with update 1.7 we would have PS1 games to play on PS3 and that isn't happening until tomorrow, there are very few titles that are going to make the cut for that update tomorrow, and the ultimate one "A website that was nothing but a sick joke to get everybody's hopes up that the beta application would be there!" I am going to find it hard to even desire turning on PS3 again before October! This is low of you Sony, very low indeed!

I hope you're not serious.

In what way? I am not serious about leaving PS3 off that long or anything like that! I am just upset that they would pull a sick trick like that.

What was the sick trick?

Maybe I am having dilusions or something, but didn't Phil Harrison say that we needed to check that site to register for the closed beta? Heck, even the site itself said check back to register for the CLOSED BETA! So, that is the trick that I am referring to!

Is April over yet?  No.  Stop jumping the gun.  And do you know what close beta is?  It means priviledge.  Like.  Friends.  Family.  Press.  Not public gamers.  That's where public beta comes in. 
banner
Message 51 of 75 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
855 posts

Apr 26, 2007

Tideas wrote:
You do know you'll get home in October right? 

You act as if you're never gonna get Home.

Closed beta is a priviledge.  Here's how I think it will work.  The initial email invite is just random stroke of luck.  Once you sign up through the email, it'll ask you stuff, like, what you've owned, have you done any beta testing.

From there, a pool of people who have beta tested the most, and have the most experience in bug finding, will be picked.

Honestly, I don't see the fuss of why people are making such a big deal out of this.  If yuo didn't get in, fine.  In 6 months we'll all get it anyway.  You've waited for how long already, 6 months shudn't be nothing (unless they delay it, lol)

My point exactly, lol!
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
Message 52 of 75 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
920 posts

Apr 26, 2007

winlonghorn wrote:

Tideas wrote:
You do know you'll get home in October right? 

You act as if you're never gonna get Home.

Closed beta is a priviledge.  Here's how I think it will work.  The initial email invite is just random stroke of luck.  Once you sign up through the email, it'll ask you stuff, like, what you've owned, have you done any beta testing.

From there, a pool of people who have beta tested the most, and have the most experience in bug finding, will be picked.

Honestly, I don't see the fuss of why people are making such a big deal out of this.  If yuo didn't get in, fine.  In 6 months we'll all get it anyway.  You've waited for how long already, 6 months shudn't be nothing (unless they delay it, lol)

My point exactly, lol!

Eh, I was being realistic.  Lol, there's always a chance it'd be delay. 
banner
Message 53 of 75 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10840 posts

Apr 26, 2007

Tideas wrote: You do know you'll get home in October right?  You act as if you're never gonna get Home. Closed beta is a priviledge.  Here's how I think it will work.  The initial email invite is just random stroke of luck.  Once you sign up through the email, it'll ask you stuff, like, what you've owned, have you done any beta testing. From there, a pool of people who have beta tested the most, and have the most experience in bug finding, will be picked. Honestly, I don't see the fuss of why people are making such a big deal out of this.  If yuo didn't get in, fine.  In 6 months we'll all get it anyway.  You've waited for how long already, 6 months shudn't be nothing (unless they delay it, lol)

I've participated in almost 16 Sony betas, and they've never handled it that way.. Its usually invite email, followed by a second email confirming that you are in.. Sony usually sends those survey questions after the beta is on the way...Unless Sony is doing something totally different with their screening process (which is usually first come first serve, plus requirements) everyone who signed up earlier in evening has a pretty good shot of getting in.

Message Edited by garnett215 on 04-26-2007 01:22 AM

Message 54 of 75 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
709 posts

Apr 26, 2007

lancek wrote:
oh yay new title

lol  I know that feeling
Message 55 of 75 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Apr 26, 2007
This sucks, the one morning i say to myself to update my account info and i freaking miss this oppritunity. *sigh* oh well it isnt like i'll never get to use home, so i really kinda dont care. Sucks for all who wanted to join beta, but im pretty sure there are more than 15,000 psu members,lol. Wonder if beta users get to see the lair trophies in july???
Playstation Network Tag: MechaWolf87

Feel free to add me to your friends list on the network.
Message 56 of 75 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
362 posts

Apr 26, 2007

Tideas wrote:
The odds are against everyone.  think about it.  3 million PS3 sold. take 10% of that are underground owner.  That's 300K.  only 15K beta spots (not including spots given away to members of the press), and you're looking at probably 10K for the public.

From the math, only 5% of PSU members will get in.

So let's not be angry and scream die Sony.  Let's congrat those who gets in.  Cuz eventually, we'll all get it (if it hits the October release date).  And plus, in August, it becomes 50K, so we waited 4 months already, what's another 4. 

In the E-mail i got it said that you had to be a member of PSU in order to get an invite.

REMEMBER:

• Home Beta is open to legal U.S. or Canadian residents 18 years or older who are currently registered PlayStation® Underground™ members.
  • Participation in Home Beta means you will be subject to Sony Computer Entertainment Europe's Privacy Policy and will receive further communications from Sony Computer Entertainment Europe.
  • You must accept the Home Beta Trial Agreement to sign up.
  • Not everyone who signs up will be accepted.
  • If you are one of the chosen few, we will notify you via email.

Good luck!

Message Edited by Trill-Figga on 04-26-2007 06:27 AM

Message 57 of 75 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
855 posts

Apr 26, 2007

Trill-Figga wrote:

Tideas wrote:
The odds are against everyone.  think about it.  3 million PS3 sold. take 10% of that are underground owner.  That's 300K.  only 15K beta spots (not including spots given away to members of the press), and you're looking at probably 10K for the public.

From the math, only 5% of PSU members will get in.

So let's not be angry and scream die Sony.  Let's congrat those who gets in.  Cuz eventually, we'll all get it (if it hits the October release date).  And plus, in August, it becomes 50K, so we waited 4 months already, what's another 4. 

In the E-mail i got it said that you had to be a member of PSU in order to get an invite.

REMEMBER:

• Home Beta is open to legal U.S. or Canadian residents 18 years or older who are currently registered PlayStation® Underground™ members.
  • Participation in Home Beta means you will be subject to Sony Computer Entertainment Europe's Privacy Policy and will receive further communications from Sony Computer Entertainment Europe.
  • You must accept the Home Beta Trial Agreement to sign up.
  • Not everyone who signs up will be accepted.
  • If you are one of the chosen few, we will notify you via email.

Good luck!

I am a member of PSU! So what happened to my invite then?
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
Message 58 of 75 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
362 posts

Apr 26, 2007
I was pointing out that you don't have to include everyone who has a PS3 because only the people who are members of PSU are getting an invite as far as the Americans and  Candians are concerned Nowhere in there does it say that everyone who has a PSU acoount will get an invite(Nor did i state that it did)
Message 59 of 75 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
863 posts

Apr 26, 2007
i want an invite!!
Message 60 of 75 (55 Views)
0 Likes