May 21 2013
By: EdwCarnby Treasure Hunter 4410 posts

Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen in Home)

[ Edited ]
12 replies 437 views Edited May 21, 2013

After some serious debating, I feel it is time we reflect on our virtual lives. Time that we smiled, listened, appreciate what we have before it's gone Smiley Happy if you manage to read through all my re-hashing of the Sunscreen lyrics you deserve a Kudos Smiley Very Happy enjoy..

Ladies and Gentlemen of the class of ’13 
If I could offer you only one tip for the future of Home, sunscreen would be it.

The long term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by the devs

whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience…

I will dispense this advice now.

Enjoy the lookset and beauty of your avatar's youth; oh nevermind;

you will not understand the power and beauty of your avatar's youth until Home has faded. 
But trust me, in 20 years you’ll look back at screenshots of yourself and 
recall in a way you can’t grasp now how much possibility lay before Sony
and how fabulous you virtually looked….You’re character's not as fat as you imagine.

Don’t worry about the future of Home; or worry, but know that worrying is as 
effective as trying to solve a disconnect error by deleting and reinstalling Home.

The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind;

the kind that blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday in Acorn Meadows.

Play one minigame everyday that scares you. Sing on voicechat.

Don’t be reckless with other people’s heart containers, don’t put up with people who are reckless with yours.

Meet LordRoss. Don’t waste your time on jealousy; sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind…

the race is long, and in the end, it’s only with yourself and Home websites.

Kudos the compliments you receive, report the insults;

if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.

Keep your old chatlogs, throw away your old PSN receipts.

Stretch. Don’t feel guilty if you're on Home and dont' know what you want to do with your life...

the most interesting people I know didn’t know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives,

some of the most interesting 40 year olds I know still play Home.

Get plenty of calcium. Be kind to your knees and don't tea bag, you’ll miss them when they’re gone.

Maybe you’ll marry at Granzella, maybe you won’t, maybe you’ll mock children,maybe you won’t,

maybe you’ll stop playing at 40, maybe you’ll dance the Cabbage Patch on your 75th Trophy anniversary…

what ever you do on the forums, don’t congratulate yourself too much or berate yourself either

- your choices are half chance, so are everybody else’s. Smiley Happy

Enjoy your avatar's bodyuse it every way you can…don’t be afraid of it, or what other people think of it,

it’s the greatest reward item you’ll ever own..

Dance…even if you have nowhere to do it but in your own Harbor Studio.

Read the Terms of Service, even if you don’t follow them. Do NOT stare at the Runway photos,

they will only make you feel ugly.

Get to know your parents, you never know when they’ll stop paying for your Internet.

Be nice to your siblings; they are the best Link to the Past and the people most likely to friend request with you in the future.

Understand that Homeys come and go,but for the precious few you should hold on.

Work hard to bridge the gaps in the forum and in-world because the older you get,

the more you need the people you knew when you were a newbie.

Hang in The Playground once, but leave before it makes you hard;

Hang in Acorn Meadows once, but leave before it makes you soft.

Travel to all spaces. Accept certain Home truths,

prices will rise, MVP's will philander, your PS3 too will get old, and when it does

you’ll fantasize that when it was young Home prices were reasonable,

MVP's were noble and children respected their forumers. Respect your forumers.

Don’t expect anyone else to gift you tokens. Maybe you have a trust fund, 
maybe you have a wealthy dad; but you never know when either one might run out.

Don’t mess too much with your avatar's hair, or by the time you have 40 styles, you'll wish you had 85.

Be careful whose advice you kudo, but, be patient with those who supply it.

Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from Conrad's text macros,

wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

But trust me on the sunscreen… <3

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 1 of 13 (437 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4521 posts

Re: Eevrybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen in Home)

May 21, 2013

Nicely done. Smiley Happy

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 2 of 13 (413 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Re: Eevrybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen in Home)

May 21, 2013
I'll try and follow some of the advice lol

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 3 of 13 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
28 posts

Re: Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen in Home)

[ Edited ]
May 21, 2013

I love this!  Especially because I was a graduating class in 1999.  lol

Message 4 of 13 (343 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

May 21, 2013
lol I graduated in 2001. And I figured this video would cheer some people up and I could somehow make it relevant. Much like the comics, though, it sinks to the bottom. Everyone's more interested in fighting with each other or talking about pervs, fams, trolls Smiley Very Happy

@conrad_max

Message 5 of 13 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1405 posts

May 21, 2013

Now I want a sunscreen animation in home...naturally something totally realistic and full of drama so its factual *insert sarcasm* Smiley Tongue

From a decision by Sony to move away from Community to focus on Competition...

To a forum that was on its way to repairing itself in a focus on Community.. now having trolls protected if they help generate site hits..

To the world of HOME being kept in the dark when so many developers have left already...

A concept focused on profits and Competition have another name in the world of Pro-Community- RIP!

May the trolls, drama makers and competitive personas find joy in Sony - I'll do like soo many others and just move on.

Kitty Pyra - Career and Online life ended officially 2014
Message 6 of 13 (256 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

May 22, 2013

Kitty_Pyra wrote:

Now I want a sunscreen animation in home...naturally something totally realistic and full of drama so its factual *insert sarcasm* Smiley Tongue

I guess they have instant suntanning in the skin menu lol..

Forgetting sunscreen for a moment but keeping the focus on music and good times. Remember how happy we were with very little?

We had the Whole World in our Hands now it's slipping through out fingers. Smiley Surprised

@conrad_max

Message 7 of 13 (216 Views)
Sackboy
389 posts

May 22, 2013

Well done!   I loved that ,thanks for sharing it.

Twitter- @ALEXELWAY7

Youtube - ALEXELWAY
Message 8 of 13 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3075 posts

[ Edited ]
May 22, 2013

Nice job Ed! I think I have a sunscreen item in my furniture storage on Home. Now what's it doing in there I wonder? Man Frustrated

bobs fed signature
Message 9 of 13 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1405 posts

May 22, 2013

It's like 50 degrees here now... can i trade sunscreen for a campfire please??

From a decision by Sony to move away from Community to focus on Competition...

To a forum that was on its way to repairing itself in a focus on Community.. now having trolls protected if they help generate site hits..

To the world of HOME being kept in the dark when so many developers have left already...

A concept focused on profits and Competition have another name in the world of Pro-Community- RIP!

May the trolls, drama makers and competitive personas find joy in Sony - I'll do like soo many others and just move on.

Kitty Pyra - Career and Online life ended officially 2014
Message 10 of 13 (173 Views)
0 Likes