Highlighted
Aug 01 2012
By: crossedtees First Son 2 posts

Essential Maintenance Question

10 replies 423 views Edited Aug 1, 2012

I apologize if there's already a thread on this subject. Like now, Playstation Home seems to undergo a lot of essential maintenance. Is there any thread or site that lists when these downtimes will be and how long Home will be out of commission for each? Thanks!

Message 1 of 11 (423 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3844 posts

Re: Essential Maintenance Question

[ Edited ]
Aug 1, 2012

Every Wednesday morning at 3 AM Eastern Home gos under maintenance. It is usually back up somewhere between 9 AM and Noon Eastern.

There has been some additional network maintenance in the past few weeks. You can usually find information about that on the playstation Blog, or if you follow any of the playstation accounts on twitter or facebook. There's also a thread or two posted here whenever nonroutine maintenance is coming up.

Message 2 of 11 (414 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 1, 2012
Thank you!
Message 3 of 11 (401 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Aug 1, 2012

Since they are having it now, does it mean that they won't be down on Wedsday?

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 4 of 11 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3844 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 1, 2012

It's Wednesday now. Smiley Happy

Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. This is the usual time Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Aug 1, 2012

Lol, I lost a day

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 6 of 11 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2291 posts

Aug 1, 2012

Blueprint is obviously the big update this week, but is there anything else going on?

Message 7 of 11 (366 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Aug 1, 2012

crossedtees wrote:

I apologize if there's already a thread on this subject. Like now, Playstation Home seems to undergo a lot of essential maintenance. Is there any thread or site that lists when these downtimes will be and how long Home will be out of commission for each? Thanks!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/

They all seem to be hurting in sale so I would expect more and more updates to keep people coming back and interested..

Hardware Sales

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 8 of 11 (358 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Aug 1, 2012

I use home fairly frequently, but do not use the forums all that often - as I am sure is the case with many others...

These updates recently have been random and not in line with the usual scheduled updates, leaving many users who dont frequent the forums scratching their heads.

WHY do they not simply mention the times PS Home will be down on their daily message? I understand there is a lot of work to keep this up and running, but their lack of interest in informing its users (many of which have spent a lot of cash on the many stores in PS Home) is just insulting and thoughtless... 

Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Aug 1, 2012

Scully420 wrote:

I use home fairly frequently, but do not use the forums all that often - as I am sure is the case with many others...

These updates recently have been random and not in line with the usual scheduled updates, leaving many users who dont frequent the forums scratching their heads.

WHY do they not simply mention the times PS Home will be down on their daily message? I understand there is a lot of work to keep this up and running, but their lack of interest in informing its users (many of which have spent a lot of cash on the many stores in PS Home) is just insulting and thoughtless... 

Most of the MOD's, devs and even phone support don't even work for SONY they are all outsourced.. When you outsource in a product quality diminishes.. 

They look at the customer as handle time spent and distractions to purchase.. "Oh' so you cant connect or download, may we offer you a warranty that grants you these in this situations?"

To actually alert paying customers of downtime's or problems would compromise their intent... Taking our money.. Thus say nothing, act as if everything is ok and look the other way....

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 10 of 11 (335 Views)
0 Likes