Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Re: Espionage 9 is coming to Home

Jan 29, 2013

HeavensLightfire wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

If nDreams could comment with the pricing, I would appreciate it if they could let us know if the rewards will be owner only.

I'm sick of SCEA or third parties, changing the style of arcade machines.

Remember when active game items for apartments, weren't owner only based rewards?

I sure miss those days.

Obviously I realize third parties need to make money, so I get that part of it.

All these new arcade cabinets have owner-only rewards, of course thats just a tactic like you said so the people will buy it themselves just to get the rewards.

They shouldn't be owner only since you can play the game for free every week in Indie Park. Making it owner-only would be pretty pointless.

I can see the money ups to using a tactic like that, though it also comes to a disadvantage to users who don't spend cash on Home.

Reward hunters, in other words.

I'm hoping nDreams does it differently.

Message 21 of 28 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3407 posts

Jan 29, 2013

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

HeavensLightfire wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

If nDreams could comment with the pricing, I would appreciate it if they could let us know if the rewards will be owner only.

I'm sick of SCEA or third parties, changing the style of arcade machines.

Remember when active game items for apartments, weren't owner only based rewards?

I sure miss those days.

Obviously I realize third parties need to make money, so I get that part of it.

All these new arcade cabinets have owner-only rewards, of course thats just a tactic like you said so the people will buy it themselves just to get the rewards.

They shouldn't be owner only since you can play the game for free every week in Indie Park. Making it owner-only would be pretty pointless.

I can see the money ups to using a tactic like that, though it also comes to a disadvantage to users who don't spend cash on Home.

Reward hunters, in other words.

I'm hoping nDreams does it differently.

Well keep hope up.  nDreams could possibly be generous and make the rewards for everyone. I guess we'll wait and see.

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 22 of 28 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Jan 30, 2013

Word is this takes up 27 slots. If so, I have the following questions:

1. Why?

2. No, really, why?

That amount of slot use is probably the one thing that would keep me from buying this. Every other Home arcade cabinet occupies 1 slot, if I'm not mistaken. That makes it possible to build an actual arcade. Even if I wasn't doing that, 27% of a space's available item slots is a lot to give to one small piece of furniture.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 23 of 28 (134 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Jan 30, 2013
^ true enough. 27 slots is a huge turn off and will be a challenging addition to any arcade setup...
Support Forums
Message 24 of 28 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Jan 30, 2013

I was Going to get it... Because i like Arcades in my Club House.... But 27 slots... I have to remove 27 item's in my club just to put it out... NOooooo WAY!

At 27 slots i won't be getting it then.... PASS!

Sorry nDreams u could done better than that.... Other Venders arcades were 22 slots and they changed theirs to 1 Slot Yes 1.... Now they know how to do Arcades....

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 25 of 28 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
362 posts

Jan 30, 2013

Ill probably still get this, but 27 slots is huge!  Now I have to choose either this or Shandor and that really wasn't a choice I wanted to have to make.

My guess about this taking up more than 1 slot has to do with the multiplayer aspect of this game.  While I am glad multiplayer is still there it is disheartenting to think that other new arcade machines with multiplayer might take up as many slots.

...and the final thing that dissapoints me about this has nothing to do with Espionage 9 or nDreams but it just reminds me that I forgot to pick up Conspiracy cabinets before they were taken out of the store.Smiley Sad

356 posts

Jan 30, 2013

Who's the brainiac at ndreams who thought a 27 slot arcade would be OK?

Grats on it never being used, because it takes up a fourth of the available slots in an apartment. Man Frustrated

Message 27 of 28 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Jan 30, 2013

I bought it, but had to put in an empty apart, let's hope they change it to 1 slot.

Message 28 of 28 (73 Views)
0 Likes