13184 posts

Re: Enough is enough with the EU Granzella releases

Nov 5, 2012

Hypnotic_Inertia wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

therob21 wrote:
I wish Granzella would release their stuff here along with the EU region, cause this is getting out of hands. I too want to see the skates here. Don't they care about us?

In time, we'll get most of Japan has with Granzella.

There's a lot that plays into, localization of items and such. It's more then just adding something to a server, there's rights/etc that play into as well.

If Granzella didn't care, we wouldn't be getting anything now would we?

Well the fact that Asia is getting them and we aren't I suspect it has more to do with SCEA scheduling at this point than Granzella itself. I could be wrong but I'm starting to feel that Granzella isn't the problem with this release.

I'm glad, you brought that up.

I don't think people are realizing, maybe Granzella has no control over the release dates? SCEA; like you said, probably has their hands all over it.

But people like to blame Granzella for it, and it's not fair.

I always knew CadePeterson/Glasswalls was lying. He doesn't want to deal with our requests or developers anymore. At first it was shifting blame on the developers, now he requires us to ask the developer, itself, for  these request, He has always prefers his yes men and women, aka brownnosers and twitter friends, over  the concerns of the consumer. Cade deserves no love from us.

*and so i tweeted Cade about this*

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 51 of 89 (366 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
297 posts

Nov 6, 2012

Tarazuma wrote:

Well well well...looks like it's time to revive this topic. You know, I actually had a bit of fatih in whoever was involved there for a second. For a couple of weeks we were getting simultanious releases. 

Now it's back to EU getting HUGE Granzella updates while we get nothing. And now the "barren desert of the wastes of time" that is Asia Home gets stuff before us?! What is this 2009?!

No really, this is beyond stupid, for all the reasons I stated in my previous posts, and check page 3 for my reasons why we should not be "greatful" for all the other garbage we are being peddled in NA. 

So let's examine this week shall we? EU gets 3 new lines of clothing, while we only get ONE of those! I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THOSE SUITS FOR MONTHS! THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REASON WE AREN'T GETTING THEM!  You can say what you want about things like public spaces and LMO items having glitches and thus "justifying" the delay, but for CLOTHES there is ABSOLUTELY NO VALID EXCUSE FOR NON-SYNCHRONIZED RELEASES!

Why are we only getting the freaking yukatas?! WE HAVE ENOUGH OF THOSE! 

In addition to this, we still aren't getting the roller skates OR the teahouse! 

So I guess it's time for me to take another long hiatus from home again like back in July to September. October caused me to spend alot due to the Halloween stuff, and the first few weeks had simultanious Gz releases. But now it looks like it's time to spend my money elsewhere. As far as the money left in my wallet and my $20.00 refund coming, I can spend it on games, though I already bought 2 that will keep me occupied for the rest of the month, at least. 

I may be going on JP home if there's anything really good, but I don't even feel like doing that. The teahouse pretty much killed my drive for home, but their comment of an "early November" release gave me the slight glimmer of hope to hang on to, enought to check what's coming this week. But once again, SCEE, SCEA and Granzella like nothing more to enrage me and prompt me to take my business elsewhere. Not to M$ or Craptendo (Nintendo also prioritizes EU with their classic games) but there's plenty of other places to spend money.

I was about to forgive them for the initial delays back  in July and August, but now we are RIGHT back there again! There is no excuse at this point, especially since for a while we were reciving synchronized releases!

So yeah, I'm not even going on for "dailies" at this point. My fossils can just rot there. I don't care anymore. Wake me, and my wallet up, when we are caught up with EU again.

I once again suggest people boycotting purchases in NA and staying off EU and Asia all together, but these suggestions always fall on deaf ears, and I even have a friend that buys stuff each week regardless. Most of my friends don't buy anything unless there's a good GZ release, or something really amazing like Ghost Stories.

But I still think if enough of the big spenders were to boycott purchases and make sure that SCEA and SCEE knows why, they might get GZ to release in NA first or synchronized with EU. I still have yet to recieve a clear answer to who's at fault for this, as each side blames the other, so I'll just blame all 3!

So yeah, goodbye for the next couple of months until we are caught up again. Have "fun" with crap like Uproar, HGL, Terminator 2 , and "DA MALE ONLY SHADOWS COLLECTION YO!" Smiley Indifferent

*signs out and deletes cookies*

FYI, for all the trolls and SCEA/SCEE supporters, don't waste your time responding to me, as I won't be looking at or responding, just like when I initially made this topic. I've already made my points on why this whole situation is BS. 

TLDR!  Cat LOL

Message 52 of 89 (343 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1403 posts

Nov 6, 2012
i agree with SCEA with the timing, Sony knew that most of home users have multiple accounts in multiple regions. If they were to release the same content to all regions simultaneously, user will only make one purchase of particular product instead of buy the same product for all the account .

Case-in-point : The Granzella museum , most with JP account bought it when it was released in JP home. A year after that granzella updated the space and released in EU, bought it for Eu account, then few weeks after that released in NA. Of coz you bought it again to complete your collection.

See Sony knows very well how to take cash at your disposal regardless which regions you're playing home from.

You wont be bothered to spend a yen in Japan home if everything there available here.
Message 53 of 89 (322 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

Nov 6, 2012

Well. right now we're getting Teahouse Apartment in SCEA, what a surpirse?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/11/05/playstation-home-update-new-game-from-the-creator-of-dyad/

Message 54 of 89 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1403 posts

Nov 6, 2012
Yeah big spender already bought that teahouse in JP and posted all about it few week ago in this forum, then when it released in EU last week, they also bought it for EU account and posted all about it in EU forums.

And this week there is no reason of not getting this marvellous apartment for NA account.

At the end of the day, PC Games Supply (that overpriced PSN card vendor) and Sony are people who are laughing all the way to the bank.

It's all about business.

Message 55 of 89 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 6, 2012

If the blog is correct, on Wednesday morning I will put an abnormally large amount funds in my wallet and literally buy EVERY Granzella item released that day, in addition to a bunch of the other things released.

After all, a large Granzella update always gets me in the mood to buy MORE!

Well, I will be purchasing all the female suit colors, the teahouse, all furniture, and all 3 teahouse kimono colors. I couldn't wear those long sweaters, I'd look ridiculous in them.

If the blog is wrong, then I stick to my original plan of quitting (again) until it all does come. And all at once too, not 1 thing a week.

Just something to keep in mind for those thinking that theres "rights" involved and it's not just as simple as putting it on a server, please recall that in October we had synchronized NA/EU releases, and on top of that, NA and EU got the lei and pareo at the same time, before JP!

So there really is some foul play going on here, it does seem like NA is delaying Granzella sometimes, but as I said before there's no real way to know for sure, because obviously they must know by now  delaying Gz is a bad business decision, given alll the bad feedback they get when it happens.

I still can picture SCEE is behind the strings laughing manically while holding up SCEA and Granzella by puppet strings, after all they force ALL regions to have a delayed update due to some stupid bank holiday twice a year.

But whatever. Also could everyone please stop feeling "sorry" for the deserted ghost town of Asia Home? That genuinely made me laugh.

Oh wow, all 3 of the people who buy Granzella stuff on there get some rollerskates this week. By all means, cater to them instead of the hundreds in NA, and the ones like me who will by it in almost all colors.

Well I would have. It's been 3 weeks since EU got them,  it's now my cutoff point and I will only be buying 1 skate and 1 rollerblade now.

Anyways for the one who said don't encourage people not to buy, at the very least they shouldn't be buying in EU. The less money Granzella makes there the better. Then they will see that NA is clearly the most profitable choice for first releases outside of JP.

And not buying in NA causes them to realize they can't just shove random garbage in our face and expect us to buy that instead of what we really want. The Granzella fans anyways.

Also I apparently have to bring up the points I originally made and quot myself on why we shouldn't be "thankful" if we have to wait "because it's better then not getting it at all". If we didn't get it at all, first of all I wouldn't be here right now. As a consumer, I should not be "thankful" for recieving products I wish to spend my money on. Either I get what I want, or I take my business elsewhere. I will not  buy random garbage they choose to "offer" me instead, and I will not just sit around patiently.

Making us wait more then a week at most is a bad business decision because (originally posted by me on page 1):

"Also, even though Granzella is the best of the best, it's taking so long to come out that I, and I'm sure some others, are losing interest to the point where even when it DOES come out, it's too little too late. Case in point: Dokuganryu armor. If this was released at the same time or a week later (at most) as EU, I would have bought a complete set in all 3 colors, regardless of the small fortune that would cost, to support Granzella in NA and their quality work. But since it took over a month to be released here? I have not bought a single piece of armor, and never will. "

Message 56 of 89 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

Nov 6, 2012

Posted by Cade on the blog just now:

"Yup! Confirmed. Read above and check out the video from Granzella. Since our release management is the last sign-off for content to be published, I recommend trusting these official Home blog posts (not always perfect, but darn close)."

So...YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 57 of 89 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2280 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 6, 2012

whusler wrote:
i agree with SCEA with the timing, Sony knew that most of home users have multiple accounts in multiple regions. If they were to release the same content to all regions simultaneously, user will only make one purchase of particular product instead of buy the same product for all the account .

Case-in-point : The Granzella museum , most with JP account bought it when it was released in JP home. A year after that granzella updated the space and released in EU, bought it for Eu account, then few weeks after that released in NA. Of coz you bought it again to complete your collection.

See Sony knows very well how to take cash at your disposal regardless which regions you're playing home from.

You wont be bothered to spend a yen in Japan home if everything there available here.

I don't know if I would go so far as to say I agree with the timing, but it's definitely typical Sony business practice without a doubt. You pretty much nailed it imo....they know exactly what they are doing to maximize user spending in all regions of Home. 

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 58 of 89 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

Nov 6, 2012

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

I was one of the first CB testers and I've been with Home from day one.  With that being said I can also tell you that the staff that we have now are not at par with the staff on the EU/Asia servers.  I believe when TedTheDog movied to the EU server the EU server became the main server.  Most of the really cool stuff has came from the Asian server and that leve's us at?  The weak server...

You are wrong at asking people not to spend there money on Home.  No matter what or who say's that it's never going to happen.  It's like a few year's ago when people started posting on the internet to not buy gas.  Did anything happen?  No everyone still went out and got gass when there car's where on E.

But you are right in asking people to speak up.  If you are not happy with the way Home is going then speak up and say something.  Nothing is going to chage if you don't speak up.  You are also not going to get in trouble you're not going to get black listed how know's the staff might even like what it is that you have to say.  Explicitly if it means they end up making more money doing it you're way.

Here's a answer from Cade.

"No."

Message 59 of 89 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 6, 2012

Oh who cares now guys, we are getting the teahouse, the suits, the hairpieces and those sweaters this week after all! This topic dosen't matter right now, it is a time for celebration!

....but this topic waits again until the next time Granzella EU favortism rears its ugly head. We may have won this battle, but the war is far from over...and the poor skates are still being held prisoner Smiley Sad

Message 60 of 89 (244 Views)
0 Likes