Ghost of Sparta
12804 posts

Re: Enough is enough with the EU Granzella releases

Aug 31, 2012

sorry about this...didn't we have a differen thread created by me? 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Lack-of-Granzella-Releases/m-p/38091521#M111...

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 21 of 89 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Aug 31, 2012

al2009man wrote:

sorry about this...didn't we have a differen thread created by me? 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Lack-of-Granzella-Releases/m-p/38091521#M111...

Your title wasn't confrontational enough. Smiley Tongue

Message 22 of 89 (313 Views)
Gaming Beast
1961 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 1, 2012

LunarEmerald wrote:

I agree. It's sickening to see EU keep getting all these great Granzella releases and we have to wait a month or more to catch up.

I really don't get it. There's no way EU is more profitable. And Europeans there aren't any more polite than Americans; releasing something buggy there is going to give the same response as here. There is no benefit to releasing in Europe a month before us. All they do is upset US home users. Whomever's making these decisions needs to be slapped.

I agree with you there. The same can go to posters that release news on Granzella items not being released in Japan or America right after the Wednesday update. They need to stop posting useless info about Europe or useless and false info on item releases.

i already know about the bug. It is the people driving up the hopes of others and annoying granzella with unneeded tweets that annoys me. I do not like those few people driving other NA users off the wall and into a panic.

sword-art-online
Message 23 of 89 (293 Views)
I Only Post Everything
835 posts

Sep 1, 2012

Seems everyone just forgets about the bug. One of the bug was explained in the other thread about the GZ tickets not being issued, and there's another bug that also deals with Granzella's revenue which I won't state the details. Granzella basically took the choice of "delay the release and fix it" instead of "release it now and get less money".

But yeah, they should have rescheduled their items, and release the stuff that were bug free instead.

Message 24 of 89 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2651 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 1, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:
I can't imagine any reason to feel outrage or jealousy from being forced to wait a couple weeks for a space on Home.  What's the difference?

couple of weeks? we have to wait over 2 months for the Fossil Museum.

Granzella first said we would get it late August, but they recently said sometime in September. it came out on July 18 for EU.

I was speaking specifically about the beach space which should be in NA in a couple weeks, I thought.

If the Fossil Museum is still not ready for NA, then I suppose Granzella will release it when it is.  They know that NA represents a huge, profitable market.  I doubt that they're holding it back just to be stubborn or deprive anyone.  If it was released full of flaws, they would get hammered here for that.  From everything I hear, this Kujo fellow at Granzella is quite the perfectionist and won't be pressured by anyone into releasing material until he's satisfied.  I'm more annoyed about his petulant whining that may apparently result in the patching of the Telepad glitch.  I'm sure the folks at Lockwood are overjoyed to be forced to modify their popular product to suit his needs.

For me personally, 2 weeks or 2 months makes no difference.  I've only purchased 2-3 personal spaces across 3 regions in the past year and have no intention of gathering fossils.  My condolences to everyone who is so painfully distraught from lacking a display facility for their virtual fossil collection.  Besides, who should be more patient than a fossil collector?  It takes millions of years just to create the bloody things, after all.

castle3
Message 25 of 89 (233 Views)
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Sep 1, 2012

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

I was speaking specifically about the beach space which should be in NA in a couple weeks, I thought.

If the Fossil Museum is still not ready for NA, then I suppose Granzella will release it when it is.  They know that NA represents a huge, profitable market.  I doubt that they're holding it back just to be stubborn or deprive anyone.  If it was released full of flaws, they would get hammered here for that.  From everything I hear, this Kujo fellow at Granzella is quite the perfectionist and won't be pressured by anyone into releasing material until he's satisfied.  I'm more annoyed about his petulant whining that may apparently result in the patching of the Telepad glitch.  I'm sure the folks at Lockwood are overjoyed to be forced to modify their popular product to suit his needs.

For me personally, 2 weeks or 2 months makes no difference.  I've only purchased 2-3 personal spaces across 3 regions in the past year and have no intention of gathering fossils.  My condolences to everyone who is so painfully distraught from lacking a display facility for their virtual fossil collection.  Besides, who should be more patient than a fossil collector?  It takes millions of years just to create the bloody things, after all.

Its your comments like this which is why I always enjoy reading your posts, you gave me another laugh out loud moment  Smiley LOL

Message 26 of 89 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Sep 1, 2012

Mermaid-KT wrote:
Its your comments like this which is why I always enjoy reading your posts, you gave me another laugh out loud moment  Smiley LOL

Thank you.

As everyone knows, spreading mirth around the Forum is what I'm all about. Smiley Wink

castle3
Message 27 of 89 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 1, 2012

I was going to stay away from this thread, but since I haven't been posting as much lately.

Figured I might as well, give my two cents.

For one, we're all a little ticked off that EU Home has got a few Granzella updates before us. But if you think about it, hasn't this always been the case? & not just with Granzella. Third Parties have released content there, and even in Japan before releasing in NA. So I can see why people are a little ticked that Granzella is giving most of their updates, to EU. But this isn't anything new, and it'll always be the case until Granzella and other third parties decide to release their content in each region at the same time.

Secondly, we don't need "certain users" getting on this forum board. Speaking for Granzella, like they have all the facts and info together. My opinion is, people shouldn't be talking for Granzella. Unless it's the weekly update, and Granzella is mentioned in the update for that week. But there's been a few users on this forum board, guilty for spreading false hope to the users who read this board. You know who you are, and I already know you'll ignore this post to keep up your good act. But please, stop feeding users info that isn't fully put together. It saves people from dealing with confusion, and trouble.

Third, why isn't Granzella on this forum? I realize they're a Japanese company. Has Glass or anyone thought about contacting Granzella to become an active member of the third parties. That do post, on this forum board? It would be really nice to see them post on here, and give people info who don't see it from Twitter or Facebook. 

Message 28 of 89 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 1, 2012

Apparently I completely forget one typical counter point I see was brought up in here. My fault for not adressing it in my original post but it completely slipped my mind.

"NA is getting tons of other content, you should all be "thankful" "

I have seen this used a lot, but I will first start by saying quality>quantity. ALWAYS. As I stated in my original post, Granzella is the best of the best, the absolute highest quality that cannot be topped. Nothing else released here even comes close to what EU got.

For example, Dream Island is very nice, but compared to Glittering Sands apartment, it is only second rate. Sure it has rewards, but it's rewards that aren't even worth using since everyone and their mother will have them.

Glittering Sands has adjustable day/night, you can take photos while swimming, the swimming looks more natural, and you it has a towel rack (which you can also take photos while wearing)

I'm sure most people, and this includes the mega-spenders, would gladly opt for weeks of Granzella products with nothing else available. I stated this back in June when EU got the Hideaway apt. I'd gladly trade a month worth of NA exclusives just to get the Granzella content EU has been receiving.

Also, the argument that NA is getting "more" dosen't hold much water anymore, as if you simply look at Alphazone4 or other info sites (and as I originally stated) EU and NA have generally been getting the same updates weekly, the only difference being EU getting Granzella, while NA gets crappy home originals, like that garbage Tuscan Villa apartment.

I also considered that they were intentionally delaying Granzella so that other devs would get the spotlight, but if I recall back in July there were literally NO store updates, just 1 item in x7, and the regular store receiving what x7 had the previous week. So it really seems like they are either completly stupid, or intentionally trying to screw us despite all the money they will be making. Actually, it seems like it's a combination of all 3 sometimes...

Also, not everyone is interested in the garbage NA would like to shove in our face. Some weeks can be a huge update in quantity, but of revolting quality. A small weekly Granzella update, consisting of SEVERAL clothing lines and/or an apt and/or public space update is infinitely better then a week chock full of uninspired, limited apartments, useless furniture that fits nowhere, poorly designed, trashy clothes that go with nothing, or a horrible new "game" like No Man's Land.

There have been no NA exclusives to be "thankful" for within the past several months. Dream Island dosen't count. Originally, the NA blog posted that it would be just a preview. But then they decided to release it after all. Anyone can clearly see why, and someone already stated it I believe: Glittering Sands was stupidly being released in EU, so they intentionally delayed Dream Island there, but chose to release in quality-deprived NA so they could at least make some money off it this week.

We as the consumers should not be "greatful" when Granzella content is so "graciously" offered to us months and months after EU gets it. We should also not be greatful for having "other things to buy". This is the whole problem: people keep buying the random garbage NA spews out, so the people in charge have no reason to alter their horrendous buisness plans.

Buying for the sake of having something new is stupid. I used to be like that, but EU receiving the fossil museum in July was the last straw for me and was what caused me to all but quit home.

So again my suggestion is not buying NA stuff and let it be known WHY. We want Granzella, and not just 1 item set trickled slowly along during the month, but huge "catch up" weeks as compensation for what EU has been getting.

If everyone would boycott and the higher ups know why, that would force them to choose between other dev's revenue potentially being overshadowed by Granzella, or making NO money at all!

In that case, the natural choice would be to just release the darn (can't believe the PG version of that word was censored..) Granzella content and cut potential "losses" with other devs. We all know the mega spenders will buy everything anyways, and even if they didn't, the massive revenue from Granzella would more then compensate for the losses from other devs.

That would seem the logical choice, but then again this is SONY we are talking about...logical buisness decisions are not their strong suit. Like how they remove items from the store that would be huge sellers? Villains Lair furniture, Vampiric Dress, and many others. All stupidly "retired" despite how much money they could be making off them. But that's another topic all together.

Message 29 of 89 (190 Views)
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Sep 1, 2012

Tarazuma wrote:

This is the whole problem: people keep buying the random garbage NA spews out, so the people in charge have no reason to alter their horrendous buisness plans.

I actually agree with you on this point.  I've been saying it in one form or another for a long time.  But you can't blame Granzella or SCEA for that.  Good luck getting people to change their spending habits.

castle3
Message 30 of 89 (165 Views)
0 Likes