Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/15/2010
Offline
2651 posts
 

Re: Enough is enough with the EU Granzella releases

Aug 31, 2012

LunarEmerald wrote:

I can't help but feel this is some conspiracy.

 

NA purposely delaying Granzella products so other Home publishers have less competition for their goods. You think Lockwood wanted their Dream Island to go on sale the exact day as Glittering Sand? Of course not. That would majorly eat into their sales. NA may be waiting for a quiet time with no big releases to avoid overshadowing something else.


If that's the case, it's not a conspiracy.  Just reasonable marketing.

 

I would estimate that the NA region gets more content overall than the other regions.  As you said, it only makes sense to spread it around instead of flooding the stores with too much at once.  NA users should be happy with the avalanche of content released each month and patient enough to wait for new products.

 

Was the Dream Island not released in NA this week?  EU has the open house this week but waits until next week to purchase the space.  Conversely, EU gets the Granzella space a little earlier than NA.  So big deal.

 

I can't imagine any reason to feel outrage or jealousy from being forced to wait a couple weeks for a space on Home.  What's the difference?

 

 

castle3
Message 11 of 89 (315 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/20/2010
Offline
4422 posts
 

Re: Enough is enough with the EU Granzella releases

Aug 31, 2012

Crazy-88 wrote:

 I just wish all this multi-regional stuff was a lockable forum subject, especially the complaints.

 

We have heard you desire on this over and over, it's not going to happen though. GlassWalls has previously stated that we should discuss other regions here, most probably so that Sony and 3rd party developers know that we have a desire to have them here.  It will also benefit you in the future when they do come for you to have those experiences also. Peakvox previously posts that they were not going to leave the JP region but now they Tweet that they are working toward getting here as fast as possible, no doubt due to the fact that so many of us here have contacted them directly about coming. These forums are the place to talk about what we are doing, how to do it and what we want. If we don't talk about it here then where do you suggest? Sub forums won't work, everyone that comes here should be able to see the discussion right off. Airing grievances may be annoying but they are valid and also topics of discussion, and we have had our best discussions over grievances like the rope in the theater. I'm very sure we were all annoyed by that one. If you want a forum change then post it in the monthly suggestions where the suggestions belongs.

 

Tarazuma is right, the releases for NA are way too slow. EU usually gets the shaft on most good things and I'm glad they are getting some fun for a change, but they also have had a few bugs with rewards and GZ tickets that I don't want to see here. Granzella needs to at least put more in the stores already, They will be doing the Bon Odori festival here next month(fingers crossed) but we need more happening here from them now. 

 

Message 12 of 89 (310 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/08/2011
Offline
1649 posts
 

Re: Enough is enough with the EU Granzella releases

[ Edited ]
Aug 31, 2012

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

LunarEmerald wrote:

I can't help but feel this is some conspiracy.

 

NA purposely delaying Granzella products so other Home publishers have less competition for their goods. You think Lockwood wanted their Dream Island to go on sale the exact day as Glittering Sand? Of course not. That would majorly eat into their sales. NA may be waiting for a quiet time with no big releases to avoid overshadowing something else.


If that's the case, it's not a conspiracy.  Just reasonable marketing.

 

I would estimate that the NA region gets more content overall than the other regions.  As you said, it only makes sense to spread it around instead of flooding the stores with too much at once.  NA users should be happy with the avalanche of content released each month and patient enough to wait for new products.

 

Was the Dream Island not released in NA this week?  EU has the open house this week but waits until next week to purchase the space.  Conversely, EU gets the Granzella space a little earlier than NA.  So big deal.

 

I can't imagine any reason to feel outrage or jealousy from being forced to wait a couple weeks for a space on Home.  What's the difference?

 

 


 

It's all about wanting simultaneous releases and not playing second fiddle.

 

And no, EU has just as much content as us. 99% of what's released here, is released there at the same time. It's all about US being the greedier of the regions, prioritizing profit over consumer satisfaction

Message 13 of 89 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 04/10/2012
Offline
284 posts
 

Re: Enough is enough with the EU Granzella releases

Aug 31, 2012
We have far more apartments and a bigger community than EU. Someone always find something to complain about.
Message 14 of 89 (299 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/24/2009
Offline
2693 posts
 

Re: Enough is enough with the EU Granzella releases

Aug 31, 2012
Well, someone finally made the topic about the situation. I'm honestly suprised it took so long.

That said, I agree too, the wait is frustrating. While I'm not so concerned about the Edo photobooth (ironic given how much I love Edo), I'm EXTREMELY annoyed about the whole Fossil Museum and Southern Island update thing; I'm gonna run out of space to display those things pretty soon (...if it'll ever give me any r-however you say it fragments other than 1, lol), and I've been desperate for the fossil museum. And I KNOW I'm not alone in saying "I miss Seaside, Glittering Sands is Seaside 2.0, I WANT SOON KTHX!"


A very (very) basic LBP level... by me. http://lbp.me/v/pj9eqq
(PS: Blank Friend Requests WILL be deleted!)
Message 15 of 89 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/26/2010
Offline
80 posts
 

Re: Enough is enough with the EU Granzella releases

[ Edited ]
Aug 31, 2012

Only given time yeah its frustrating other regions get granzella stuff before us but that is always going to happen

Just like unfortunately Xbox is going to get Cod maps months before Sony gets them it happens :/ sucks

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 16 of 89 (262 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/28/2006
Offline
34138 posts
 

Re: Enough is enough with the EU Granzella releases

Aug 31, 2012

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:
I can't imagine any reason to feel outrage or jealousy from being forced to wait a couple weeks for a space on Home.  What's the difference?


couple of weeks? we have to wait over 2 months for the Fossil Museum.

Granzella first said we would get it late August, but they recently said sometime in September. it came out on July 18 for EU.


Message 17 of 89 (247 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 07/25/2010
Offline
1691 posts
 

Re: Enough is enough with the EU Granzella releases

[ Edited ]
Aug 31, 2012

Tarazuma wrote:

 

"The grass is always greener"

 

This is absolutely not the case. You have to understand that this outrage is over Granzella SPECIFICALLY. The people who are complaining about Granzella items being released in EU first are not the same people who would complain if EU got something like No Man's Land or the mansion first. We aren't upset over this because EU is getting something first, it's because they are getting GRANZELLA first.

 

Granzella is the best of the best. There is absolutely nothing that tops their innovation in home. They were the first to allow us to swim, have a proper action game, take photos in various positions with other people, have active furniture that lets us sit/lie in natrual looking positions, and various other amazing things. Their clothing is also top notch (generally. there are alot of trashy outfits as well but the good outweighs the bad)

 

People also like to bring up how EU has been given the short end of the stick in the past. Well we are currently living in 2012 last time I checked. This is the present. There shouldn't be a "role reversal" or "justification" or "petty revenge" due to unfairness in the past.  What NA recived before EU in the past was mostly garbage anyways. Mansion and other home originals, you think ANY of that garbage is comparable to masterpieces like the fossil museum and glittering sands apartment?! 

 

Not only that, but EU has been recieving generally the same content as NA recently, the only difference being EU getting amazing Granzella content and NA reciving crappy, random home originals. 

 

With that said, the outrage over EU and Asia recieving this content first is justifiable, and brings me to my next counter point. 

 

 


I made the argument that people are displaying "Grass is always greener" attitude, and you have justified my stance clearly by your post. But to go further, you are complaining about which BLADE of grass is greener.

 

"Granzella is the best of the best. There is absolutely nothing that tops their innovation in home" is a completely subjective statement, as I don't feel the same way as you do. Secondly, as much time and effort went into No Man's Land as any Granzella content. It wasn't sold to many people's tastes, but to liken it to "garbage" is uninformed, as you pointed out.

 

The simple fact is EU got something good before NA, and that's what the fuss is all about. You can justify it all you want with a long tirade and name calling, but the logic is the same - They got something; you didn't; you are mad. Lately, it is becoming a volley between EU and NA over who's getting the better stuff, each time decent content is released to the other region. 

 

It is selfish and a case of "the grass is always greener."

 

Some grievences from our friends across the pond:

 

Another new personal space for NA

How come EU Home isn't as lively as US and JP?

x7 vip club

WHY IS THE US PLAYSTATION HOME BETTER THEN THE UK

Why does America playstaion home get everything!?? ):

Message 18 of 89 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/24/2009
Offline
2693 posts
 

Re: Enough is enough with the EU Granzella releases

Aug 31, 2012
The problem really isn't so much "They got something before us" as much as it is "They got something MONTHS AGO that we're still waiting on." Just take a look around, and compare the amount of "Why don't we have the beach?" to the amount of "WHERES THE MUSEUM ALREADY!?" thats on the forum.


A very (very) basic LBP level... by me. http://lbp.me/v/pj9eqq
(PS: Blank Friend Requests WILL be deleted!)
Message 19 of 89 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/21/2012
Offline
3408 posts
 

Re: Enough is enough with the EU Granzella releases

Aug 31, 2012

WaveLightning777 wrote:
Well, someone finally made the topic about the situation. I'm honestly suprised it took so long.

That said, I agree too, the wait is frustrating. While I'm not so concerned about the Edo photobooth (ironic given how much I love Edo), I'm EXTREMELY annoyed about the whole Fossil Museum and Southern Island update thing; I'm gonna run out of space to display those things pretty soon (...if it'll ever give me any r-however you say it fragments other than 1, lol), and I've been desperate for the fossil museum. And I KNOW I'm not alone in saying "I miss Seaside, Glittering Sands is Seaside 2.0, I WANT SOON KTHX!"

I want that stuff too!! Ive been waiting for the Fossil Museum and the Southren Island update.   To get all the cool Granzella stuff.  I had to go to Japan.   What is the issue Granzella? Do you oonly want your stuff to be In Japan to attarct more users to it? If so its working.

 photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 20 of 89 (206 Views)
0 Likes