Aug 31 2012
By: Tarazuma Gaming Beast 1464 posts

Enough is enough with the EU Granzella releases

88 replies 796 views Edited Aug 31, 2012

Ok, after being off home for about a month and a half due to this BS, I decided to check the blog, forums ect. I come to find that not only did we not get the fossil museum, but that in the meantime, EU has been getting WEEKLY Granzella updates, and this week they recieve  the Glittering Sands beach which was JUST released in JP on July 4th!  

This is absolutely outrageous and I see the home community is taking this lying down (or bending over, to be more precise). Before I continue I need to adress a few major ideas that the brown nosers or the uninformed like to use as justification or counter points. 

"The grass is always greener"

This is absolutely not the case. You have to understand that this outrage is over Granzella SPECIFICALLY. The people who are complaining about Granzella items being released in EU first are not the same people who would complain if EU got something like No Man's Land or the mansion first. We aren't upset over this because EU is getting something first, it's because they are getting GRANZELLA first.

Granzella is the best of the best. There is absolutely nothing that tops their innovation in home. They were the first to allow us to swim, have a proper action game, take photos in various positions with other people, have active furniture that lets us sit/lie in natrual looking positions, and various other amazing things. Their clothing is also top notch (generally. there are alot of trashy outfits as well but the good outweighs the bad)

People also like to bring up how EU has been given the short end of the stick in the past. Well we are currently living in 2012 last time I checked. This is the present. There shouldn't be a "role reversal" or "justification" or "petty revenge" due to unfairness in the past.  What NA recived before EU in the past was mostly garbage anyways. Mansion and other home originals, you think ANY of that garbage is comparable to masterpieces like the fossil museum and glittering sands apartment?! 

Not only that, but EU has been recieving generally the same content as NA recently, the only difference being EU getting amazing Granzella content and NA reciving crappy, random home originals. 

With that said, the outrage over EU and Asia recieving this content first is justifiable, and brings me to my next counter point. 

"Granzella won't sell as well in NA as it does in EU or Asia"

I have brought this up time and time again in countless topics. Aside from Japan, Granzella will sell the BEST in NA. All it takes is a simple venture into the public EU and Asia servers. (AND YES I AM AWARE OF THE TIME DIFFERENCE, AND HAVE VISITED AT VARIOUS TIMES OF THE DAY AND NIGHT, AND DURING PEAK HOURS OF EU/ASIA TIMES.)  Every single time I have visited EU and Asia, I have seen next to no one in Granzella clothing. There were handfuls in EU, but NONE in Asia. I am also aware of different servers, and I have been in multiple instances in EU with the same results.  

Visiting NA however, you can see tons of people with samurai/ninja outfits, on the roof at south island, and digging for fossils with the legendary tools. I can't even begin to get started on how absolutely stupid it is to release ANYTHING in Asia first. For the uninformed (especially Sony, apparently) consoles are banned in China, and Korea has an internet curfew! There are about 20 people on total on a good day, and most likely they won't have purchased items! How could anyone with concious thought think it's a good idea to release items in Asia first?

There are also people like me who will buy absolutely EVERYTHING Granzella, except for tawdry clothes and things that aren't my style. If NA and EU were on the same release schedual with Granzella, I would have spent HUNDREDS by now. Instead, I have chosen to effectively quit home, with all but a few logins, and little to no purchases.

I would suggest that consumers who want Granzella content released here faster do similar things. People just keep buying things each week, so they will keep releasing random crap for us to buy.

Now unfortunately, this week I was guilty of buying things too. This was before I found out about Glittering Sands EU release of course. I wanted Dream Island, Mercia clothes, 2 of the leather jackets in x7 and of course the Granzella women's suits. It's the end of the month, I was bored, had money left over in my account from July, and the PS store update was horrible this week. 

After finding out about Glittering Sands being released in EU however, I now have buyer's remorse for the first time during my time on home. I wish I could just  take back all my purchases this week. 

I still have not gotten a clear answer on who is in charge of regional distribution of Granzella content, but I am pointing the finger at EU. NA claims that "Granzella releases what they want" but I wrote a letter to Granzella, and they  replied back saying they aren't trying to prioritize EU over NA, but that NA releases have "seen delays". So that only leaves the facist dictatorship of EU as the culprit. For some stupid reason, they not only dicate what gets released when and where, but also when all regions of Home update.

I think it is time for both NA home and it's users to do something about these incredibly stupid buisness decisions.

NA home and Granzella should speak up and demand that EU and NA see simultanious releases of GZ content. I don't care what EU does for home, there is no denying the most Home revenue comes from Japan and NA. Therefore Japan and NA should have the most say for Home releases. 

NA home consumers should stop  spending money in NA and EU each week just for the sake of buying something new. Our wallets are effectively our voices. By spending each week like we used to, the Home teams will see we don't care THAT much about regional releases, as long as there's something to buy. You can complain about the unfair Granzella releases as much as you want, but by spending money willy-nilly each week like nothing has changed, you are only reinforcing their stupid buisness practices and giving the home teams no reason to alter them.

Now  that it is getting close to fall, there is a slew of new games coming out. Not all people have the same funds as "Home mega-spenders" and therefore will now have to choose between games or home in the coming months. Sorry to say, but denying us Granzella in July and August while EU recived week after week of amazing updates, will now cost you $$$.  

I don't play many games personally as there isn't much that interests me, but with things like Tokyo Jungle, Okami HD, Nights HD, One Piece Pirate Warriors, and other unique/classic games coming out in September and the following months, I won't have time for home, and therefore, there isn't much reason to spend money on home, even if we get weekly Granzella updates, now is there?

Also, even though Granzella is the best of the best, it's taking so long to come out that I, and I'm sure some others, are losing interest to the point where even when it DOES come out, it's too little too late. Case in point: Dokuganryu armor. If this was released at the same time or a week later (at most) as EU, I would have bought a complete set in all 3 colors, regardless of the small fortune that would cost, to support Granzella in NA and their quality work. But since it took over a month to be released here? I have not bought a single piece of armor, and never will. 

For those who will buy Granzella updates regardless of how painfully and needlessly long the wait is, I'd suggest taking some action and boycotting. And NA home, if you don't want to keep losing money and customers, I'd suggest you stand up to EU.

I won't be responding to this topic, or arguing with trolls or brown nosers. I don't consider myself a part of the home community anymore, and won't again unless they really get their act together, and we start seeing Granzella (and Peakvox) releases in NA on a weekly basis, with no regional priority (except of course for things being released first in their region of origin)

Even though I won't be responding, I wrote this topic to hopefully shed some insight on how wrong and stupid this whole EU prioritization is, a wake up call to the users, devs, and Home team, and the reasons of why an ex-mega-spender has abruptly quit Home. Consider this my final contribution to the home community.  

Message 1 of 89 (796 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29264 posts

Re: Enough is enough with the EU Granzella releases

Aug 31, 2012

I was told and I can't verify it but that Granzella has hired additional staff to work towards simultaneous releases in both the EU and NA. I'm not alone in being disappointed that we here need to wait so long for their content. 

I'm hoping that will change with next weeks update. Some have said the museum may be 1st week in September with the beach the 2nd week in September. We'll have to see. I'm would love to see September = Granzella here in North America.

Jo

Message 2 of 89 (762 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
284 posts

Aug 31, 2012
Lol, the beach is coming in September for NA.
Message 3 of 89 (761 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
33391 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 31, 2012

TL;DR

but i agree that Granzella needs to start releasing things in NA quicker. no logical reason as to why we have to wait months after EU to get Granzella things.

Message 4 of 89 (747 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
416 posts

Aug 31, 2012

Maybe they have a bad relationship with SCEA?

Message 5 of 89 (732 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Aug 31, 2012

Tarazuma wrote:

**snip

Also, even though Granzella is the best of the best, it's taking so long to come out that I, and I'm sure some others, are losing interest to the point where even when it DOES come out, it's too little too late. Case in point: Dokuganryu armor. If this was released at the same time or a week later (at most) as EU, I would have bought a complete set in all 3 colors, regardless of the small fortune that would cost, to support Granzella in NA and their quality work. But since it took over a month to be released here? I have not bought a single piece of armor, and never will. 

**snip

I think I agree with most of what you've said, certainly the paragraph I've quoted you on, as any 'anticipation' has long been replaced with frustration, especially as I've been seeing more and more being released in the EU whilst we remain static. When the fossil tools were being released, I bought all the high class ones with full knowledge that they would become redundant once the legendary ones came out, but I didnt mind, I wanted to support Granzella. I wont be doing that anymore, certainly not until I see things equal up a bit more, and not because of some personal protest or anything, but because I am losing interest due to the waiting.

I cant believe how far we are behind the EU now, putting all the additional clothing content aside it includes,

o  Updated South Sea Island with underwater swimming and 3rd dig site,

o  Fossil Museum

o  Updated Edo of Nippon village with photobooth

o  Glittering Sands public beach

o  Glittering Sands private beach resort and apartment.

I truly hope that September gives us all the updates for us to catch up with the EU, and with timely releases afterwards, or many people will be sorely disapointed.

Message 6 of 89 (720 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Aug 31, 2012

I agree. It's sickening to see EU keep getting all these great Granzella releases and we have to wait a month or more to catch up.

I really don't get it. There's no way EU is more profitable. And Europeans there aren't any more polite than Americans; releasing something buggy there is going to give the same response as here. There is no benefit to releasing in Europe a month before us. All they do is upset US home users. Whomever's making these decisions needs to be slapped.

Message 7 of 89 (684 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

Aug 31, 2012

I'm just gonna toss in the obvious thing here...

This is the NA Home forum. What should those of us that don't region-hop care about? Instead of complaints about how much EU gets, stick to their forums and tell them to get lazy staff like we have or contact Granzella and tell them to speed things up.

I have NA account, for NA region, and only interested in NA. Odd how because you go to other regions, the regional-forum I follow is flooded with your complaints. Hate me or not, I just wish all this multi-regional stuff was a lockable forum subject, especially the complaints.

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 8 of 89 (683 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 31, 2012

I can't help but feel this is some conspiracy.

NA purposely delaying Granzella products so other Home publishers have less competition for their goods. You think Lockwood wanted their Dream Island to go on sale the exact day as Glittering Sand? Of course not. That would majorly eat into their sales. NA may be waiting for a quiet time with no big releases to avoid overshadowing something else.

Message 9 of 89 (670 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7710 posts

Aug 31, 2012

Well it is not secret that different region's get different treatment because those are japanese developer's and the time they take to negotiate with a different region to get their content published is a factor but now it seem's more like they want to delay the content on purpose like really the USA version is way behind EU.I know the beach will arrive on the USA Home by mid september let's hope they start releasing more content weekly because they way this seem's people are gonna lose interest and that not a good thing.

KANE-FIRE

Message 10 of 89 (657 Views)
0 Likes