Highlighted
May 13 2013
By: AbysmalDawna Fender Bender 2003 posts

End Forum Panhandling and Begging

57 replies 529 views Edited May 13, 2013

I think it is time to end forum begging and panhandling on the forum.  I dont think it should have ever been allowed in the first place here or on the activity board.  Perhaps some think it is cute but not me.  There is plenty of free stuff in Home.   I have 4 avatars and I only buy stuff for 2 and the others must live off the fat of the land and by their wits. My free avatars especially eu have space crammed with stuff. My eu one has free skates, vehicles etc.   To give a total stranger money is ludicrous and an insult to one's intelligence.  It also encourages people to be worthless and be freeloaders.  It needs to stop immediately.  People used to have something called a "work ethic" apparently maybe this is no longer fashionable.  If you cant afford a couple bucks to buy something in Home you need to get a job or at worst ask your parents.  If they will put up with it fine but they arent doing you any favors.

Message 1 of 58 (529 Views)
Lombax Warrior
86 posts

Re: End Forum Panhandling and Begging

[ Edited ]
May 13, 2013

Pretty sure it's up to us if we want to give away items to strangers or not. I think we're all capable of working out who's a freeloader and who's looking to do trades.

Transgender. Male pronouns please! (he/him/his/Lee)
Message 2 of 58 (507 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

May 13, 2013

Ok, and how exactly is it harming you?

Message 3 of 58 (485 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

May 13, 2013
Meh, free country. Smiley Happy

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 4 of 58 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

May 13, 2013

This is a thing? I don't think I have ever seen a beggar here, sometimes people wanted to trade gift machine stuff but that is about it.

Message 5 of 58 (450 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

May 13, 2013

I see dumb threads like these, as a contest for who can make the most witty reply to them first. Like they'll last long anyways. 

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 6 of 58 (442 Views)
Fender Bender
2003 posts

May 13, 2013

Sabretooth615 wrote:

Its harming me because it lowers the standards of Home and encourages people to panhandle.  Then they dont stop there and figure if they can get away with that then its asking money for web cam sex or pictures or who knows what.  Perhaps they could have an indigent center in the back of the Hub where people with no money could sort trash or imaginary recycled items and be rewarded somehow.  The point is that panhandling is bad manners and encourages social irresponsibility.

Message 7 of 58 (417 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1266 posts

May 13, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

Sabretooth615 wrote:

Its harming me because it lowers the standards of Home and encourages people to panhandle.  Then they dont stop there and figure if they can get away with that then its asking money for web cam sex or pictures or who knows what.  Perhaps they could have an indigent center in the back of the Hub where people with no money could sort trash or imaginary recycled items and be rewarded somehow.  The point is that panhandling is bad manners and encourages social irresponsibility.

Here here. Let's Drive those home bums out, and send them to ...er...sims online, google lively, IMVU or secondlife...um what other clones are there to send the poor.

In short, your post is just as bad as theirs, and what is so wrong with society. It's a bad on both ends, you scoff, and their begging both shouldn't happen, but your outburst is no better than their begging, leave them be, if they get something for nothing good for them, if it leads to further self-destructive action, that's on them. You don't take it to heart, just ignore them, just as I will ignore any rebuttal you put forth. It's not harming you, your forcing yourself to "care" is harming yourself.

Give me a friggin' break.Straight face

Perish_Song
Message 8 of 58 (400 Views)
Survivor
2394 posts

May 13, 2013

To be fair, the one time I did it was because no place near me was doing the Magic: The Gathering promotion for the free axe item.  I asked a bunch of people if they can get extras, but in the end, I didn't get one.  If anything, those should be allowed to be asked for, since there's not really anything someone can do to get it.

Yes, I did create that game on the Vita you probably never heard of.
Message 9 of 58 (394 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
819 posts

May 13, 2013
Wow. That's a big leap there Dawna... Asking for avatar clothes leads to...Web cam sex? Dang.
Message 10 of 58 (384 Views)