Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Re: [EVENT] Sink Conrad Max! Saturday, May 19th, 6PM PDT/9PM EDT

May 20, 2012

I tried to come, but the server was maxed and shortly after.

My wireless started acting up, and I was kicked off my internet most of the night.

So I couldn't log back onto PSN.

Sucks I missed it, but hopefully be more in the future.

Message 91 of 111 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
389 posts

May 20, 2012

Conrad_Max wrote:

I had a great time and very likely would do it again. Julie_Love, thank you for organizing this. Joanna, thanks for being the captain of my ship.

There are so many people to name here, and a few haven't even posted in this thread. I want to thank you all. Thank goodness in a virtual world, we are able to resurrect ourselves.

I played for three hours, as did most of us. We took a short break and then went at it again. Definitely an event worth repeating.

And Memorial Day is coming soon. Remember our fallen heroes and what they sacrificed so that we can enjoy the freedom and life that we have today. Many people in the world still don't have that today. And there are a few countries that don't appreciate us, but a few even have memorials of their own that honor our people and military.

This is not a political statement. If they can remember our fallen, then we should too.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.
Get your Portable ID! http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3883302

Thanks for being such a good sport. I had a great time - the best time I've had at Cutthroats since I hit max level, shortly after the game came out.

@xMINDBlIlURx, AL

Sorry you had such a difficult time getting in. I noticed some people had parked their avatars and went afk all night, taking a spot that could have been occupied by someone who would have played. Hope you guys can make it next time.

Message 92 of 111 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

May 20, 2012

Yes that was totally EPIC!  It was great to be a part of Conrads team. 

I was great to have all the ships filled!

We have to do this again!

If it wasn't for the F13's keeping me from being in Home I would have stayed for the whole event.  AAARRRRRR......

Message 93 of 111 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
112 posts

May 20, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Just want to say that the turnout was amazing. Conrad commendeered me into being the skipper on his ship and we floated bloody terror on the high seas. At one point even a big lobster joined the gunnery crew. It was fabulous!

LoL

Davy Jones is more that happy tonight. His locker is full! Thanks to all that turned out and a big thank you to Conrad for being such a good sport! I know everyone had a great time. The organizers of this event – Julie_Love in particular – are certainly to be commended for their efforts!

This is what Home is all about. Community events like this make it special!

The event was fabulous, thanks to the hosts on making this roast event, at first I was planned to go help sink Conrad_Max and his crew thou faith led me to be alongside Conrad_Max to serve as one of his gunners, was great fun being in the same ship with Conrad_Max, Joanna_Dark, RiverCreek & F1REFLY_SEREN1TY and then that big Lobster making a switch with me for a bit to see that ship with the Pillow Dance Mob leader be taken down after being roasted with fire cannons a couple times.

Message 94 of 111 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3414 posts

May 20, 2012

I had a great time last night, But I had to leave an hour after, but still I enjoyed it and I did Level up more . Hope to have another "Sink...Such-and-Such" event soon!

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 95 of 111 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2752 posts

May 20, 2012

I had a lot of fun.

Thanks to Conrad for being a good sport and for being on a good crew. A good leader or picker of crew members.

Y2Diva wherever they were sunk the ships I was on more than anyone it seems.

I believe at the beginning that ship Sinking Serpent whoops Striking Serpent sunk the ship I was on time after time. Arggh!

Now the bragging.

I think I did all right. After a wait I found a ship and jumped it as Captain and had crew members soon enough. Someone asked who were our allies. I replied "There are none. We're after gold." and gold is what I pursued. Hey! That's what pirates do. Someone on the crew commented that we were taking a cruise tour.

I claim getting the most gold as Captain.

Soon enough there was a mutiny however and there I was, a gunner which was fun. It's more fun. And yes, we still got cold.

The funniest thing that happened to me was I hopped an empty Black Death and went by myself and saw the Sinking Serpent whoops Striking Serpent and took one shot and to my surprise the the ship sank!!! Whoa! How can you beat that? So I went back to dock.

Sorry to say I forgot the gold.

Braggarts rights ends here.

Everyone seemed to have a good time and got along well.

My thanks to everyone who was in the involvement of organizing this event.

Rum and crackers to all... and oranges too.

I believe someone took film. We shall see.

In memory of Jody Westover and all those who fight or have fought cancer
Message 96 of 111 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2040 posts

May 21, 2012

It is great to hear from so many people that they had a good time at the event. Kudos to Conrad and his crew for putting up such a great fight all night. I was on ships off and on for 3 hours and I had a great time.

At some point it became less about sinking Conrad than about sinking anyone you could. It was a real free for all for the last coupe of hours.

I did hear from a few friends throughout the evening that they were having trouble getting into the space. It was mainly due to disconnect issues, but many were simply unable to get into the space we were using. This type of event has to be done in a single instance since at present Home doesn't have the technology to clone someone. Otherwise we would have had Conrad clones in multiple instances. Can someone add that to the Suggestions Forum?

Thanks to Conrad for being a great sport and to my co-organizer StephieRawks. This was one of my favorite events in Home!

Message 97 of 111 (18 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29590 posts

May 21, 2012

Clone me?

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 98 of 111 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
636 posts

May 21, 2012

This was an awfully fun event.  I hope to attend more of these.  Conrad was an awfully good sport, he was a great captain.

Message 99 of 111 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
5755 posts

May 21, 2012

I know I say this after every party we throw, but this time I literally had a blast! I was drafted into Captain Conrad's service, but somehow RiverCreek stole my spot on his ship. Oh well, as they say: "if you can't join 'em, beat 'em!"...or something like that! So yeah, I had a blast, blasting Conrad_Max's ship full of cannon-shaped holes. Thanks for being such a great sport about it, Conrad, and I hope you and all others who have served in the military had a good Armed Forces Day, and have a good Memorial Day soon.

For the record, Captain Kid(_Fleetfoot) is an excellent captain! He's not afraid to grab any booty he sees! LOL...I think I leveled up twice in the short time on his ship. Captain TBaby2008 may need to get her sea legs more used to the position, but Captain SCarverOrne did a great job too. That Captain Joanna_Dark_ is really my kind of captain though! She wasn't that concerned with sinking enemy ships, she was in it to grab the booty and drink the rum. Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me! It was a pleasure gunning for all of you...but please stay away from julie_love next time! Engaging in battle with her = fiery death + watery grave.

Thanks to everyone who came, sorry to those who couldn't get in, and thanks to those who served as Conrad's crew and allies without commiting mutiny!

That leaves only 1 thing left to say: Julie, my partner in organized (event) crime, for the love of all that is holy, do not clone Conrad_Max!

Message 100 of 111 (18 Views)
0 Likes