Jun 05 2014
By: Miss_Ann_Thrope I Only Post Everything 555 posts
Accepted Solution

[EVENT] HOME MOVIE NIGHT - Saturdays at 9PM EST/6PM PST

[ Edited ]
68 replies 988 views Edited Sep 6, 2014

Hello all,

I'd like to announce a special new weekly event in which you are all invited.

HOME MOVIE NIGHTS!  

homemovienight_zps82ca6c1f.png

Special thanks to photo participants:

Y2David (also graphics)

ItsNatalie2208

bmsyko

Ra_The_Sun_King

ixarix

sprawl7975

Miss_Ann_Thrope

Playing a movie every Saturday at 9PM EST / 6PM PST (after TAM meets).  Enjoy the best movies from CRACKLE/LOOT in the TARDIS Clubhouse.  This is a coordinated effort of two clubs: The All Mighty and Angels & Demons.  However, all are welcome to attend.

WHEN:  Saturdays at 9PM EST/6 PM PST

WHERE:  * ANGELS & DEMONS * Dr. Who TARDIS Clubhouse (PM Miss_Ann_Thrope for invites no earlier than one hour before showtime.  Invites will be sent on a first-come, first-serve basis approx. 20 minutes before showtime.  Seating limited to club capacity).

KEYWORD HINTS ABOUT THIS WEEK'S MOVIE (August 23, 2014):

Pacific Tech

Crossbow

An overabundance of popcorn

Hope to see you there!

Any questions?  Just put them in the comments below.  Smiley Happy

Photobucket
Message 1 of 69 (988 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Re: [EVENT] HOME MOVIE NIGHT - Saturdays at 9PM EST/6PM PST

Jun 5, 2014

This I have to try. Smiley Wink Good group.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 2 of 69 (966 Views)
Last Guardian
9662 posts

Jun 5, 2014
This is cheerful. NIce idea. I like that apt and the movie place is nice. I will see if I am around that night. If we can come just send you a note in your home mail box ?
Message 3 of 69 (964 Views)
Fender Bender
3844 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 5, 2014

Excellent idea! I posted something similar in the...well let's just say it was another forum.

The Loot movie nights were a lot of fun but they seem to have ended. This should do well. Count me in!

If there's anything I can do to help, just say the word.

EDIT- I would recommend not using the tardis though. It's a cool space, but the one time it was used for the Loot night, they had loads of issues with people not being able to get in/see the movie. It's a very high bandwidth space.

Message 4 of 69 (934 Views)
LOOT Production Coordinator
59 posts

Jun 5, 2014

tdarb wrote:

Excellent idea! I posted something similar in the...well let's just say it was another forum.

The Loot movie nights were a lot of fun but they seem to have ended. This should do well. Count me in!

If there's anything I can do to help, just say the word.

Great to see another community movie night endeavor starting up! We had a blast running LOOT Movie Nights last year, and would love to see what another club can do with the concept.

Technical suggestion: while the club owner is accepting join requests, have someone else designated as the EOD controller. Things go a lot more smoothly with two people handling two different tasks rather than the club owner trying to juggle both, because that means intermittently giving up the EOD controls to handle the club invites. Also, start the movie stream right before people start coming in. The EOD has to sync the stream to every single person in the space, which means that the controls become temporarily unresponsive while a person loads into the environment (this can lead to a situation where a bunch of people are sitting around while the EOD finishes behind the scenes and returns control to the user, delaying the movie start by several minutes). If you start the movie before the club owner starts accepting join requests and people begin coming in, then the EOD will sync them to where the currently-playing stream is at, and it doesn't matter that the controls are temporarily frozen while people load into the space -- because the movie stream is already going.

(Personal recommendation: "Godzilla Final Wars" is one of the best Crackle movies to put on for a movie night. Trust me on this.)

I'd love to be able to drop by and hang out during one of these movie nights. The two upcoming weekends are out due to E3 prep and recovery, but at some point after that it'd be fun to hang out for a bit. Smiley Happy

http://www.youtube.com/user/LOOTEntertainment
Message 5 of 69 (924 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Jun 5, 2014

Definetly would like to attend this Smiley Very Happy  I have a question:  Is this gonna happen simultanious with the 2 clubs or after you fill one club will you be accepting invites to the other?  

Message 6 of 69 (895 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Jun 5, 2014

This sounds fun and I would like to make it to this event. If I am able to get on Home in time, I shall send you a message Miss_Ann_Thrope and hope I am early enough to meet the cut-off. I will bring Rumchata and brownies so that much merriment may ensue. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 69 (871 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5194 posts

Jun 5, 2014

LLooking forward to being there this week and also seeing many of you that have been posting in the coming days, this been in the plans by Miss_Ann_Thrope for quite some time, so I'm glad its finally getting out.

@Norse, thanks for the feedback on this as it will help us understand some of the ways this will work. When you was hosting the LOOT Movie Nights I  though it was pretty awesome and hope we can do the same to continue it. 

@tdarb that be awesome, anyone wanting to help is welcome.. just hit us up and we'll get in touch, we will meet in TAM club right before and make sure we go over planning.

Message 8 of 69 (832 Views)
I Only Post Everything
555 posts

Jun 6, 2014
To tdarb: Thank you. I’ll need all the help I can get. Smiley Wink

I selected the TARDIS clubhouse primarily because of the larger screen but also because I think it would be a less claustrophobic option, especially if we have a healthy turnout. Having been to LOOT movie nights, I didn’t see a lot of issues during the actual movie playback (moreso at the beginning). Norse seemed to impart some great advice so I’m willing to give this a day in court but I always have a Hollywood Hills skin as a backup on the off-chance this does become a buffering fiasco.

To Norse: Thank you for the invaluable advice. Enjoy E3 and I’ll definitely consider Godzilla Final Wars. I think we need at least one kaiju movie in the mix. See you when you decompress.

To Tsu: Good question and one I maybe did not make clear from the getup. The Home movie nights will originate from my club (* ANGELS & DEMONS *), since I have a lower clientele at the moment. I suppose if we had an extraordinary turnout we could use TAM as a second instance, but at this point I’m more in the “Baby Steps” phase (you “What About Bob?” fans out there will get that).

Mya: I will take you up on the offer of rumchata, make mine with extra rum. Smiley Tongue

As Y2David said, this has been in the planning stages for a while. I’ve been to a few of the LOOT movie nights and have greatly enjoyed them. Plus, I think overall the community benefits from these kind of get-togethers. I hope we can maintain that fun spirit. I’ll be finishing up decorating the TARDIS club tonight except for my brief break to watch Bill Maher.

Just please bear with me in these opening weeks. While this is something we plan to continue for as long as possible, we also could be doing some minor tweaking here and there. I picked 9PM because it would make a seamless transition from our TAM meets but if any of you prefer maybe 10PM, that could be doable as well. I’m always open to feedback and even constructive criticism. I’m well looking forward to tomorrow night.

Now, to decide on a movie… hmmmm. Smiley Happy
Photobucket
Message 9 of 69 (767 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
5755 posts

Jun 6, 2014
Since you're using the TARDIS, some people may find it helpful if you mark the path to it somehow; that place isa maze! I used the different glowy floor tiles of the old nDreams create your own board game floor tile set thingy to mark the paths to different rooms in mine. Since you're having people over for 1 specific purpose of movie night, you could also block off the other paths; velvet ropes would be fitting too! You could also use the telepads, if you don't mind having 22 slots eaten up. Any option to guide people to the screening room beats sending Brad to hunt lost souls down with Locate to lead them back!

Message 10 of 69 (749 Views)