Fender Bender
2781 posts

Re: EOD 3.0

Sep 1, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Picked up the Loot Bundle today. I'm curious how many of you are getting Error code 112 when trying to play movies. I'm able to get around it by trying multiple times but wonder if other are having similar issues.

It may simple be the flood of users using the system at the moment. 

I also love the fast forward, stop and pause features. They do seem to be a bit buggy for me as well however. 

I've just picked up the Loot bundle myself and am very impressed, jumping throught the menu is so much quicker than before. I havent had any of the error codes yet that you've mentioned though, but the fault number does sound familiar so I think others have had similar problems.

I love the new wall mount which I know will come in useful for the future. When my partner hung a TV on the wall the first thing I said when I saw it was it didn't look straight, he replied "I'd like to see you try better". Well, now I can show him I can  Smiley Happy

Message 121 of 128 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13193 posts

Sep 2, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Picked up the Loot Bundle today. I'm curious how many of you are getting Error code 112 when trying to play movies. I'm able to get around it by trying multiple times but wonder if other are having similar issues.

Happens to me when i try to watch anything.

Message 122 of 128 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1523 posts

Sep 2, 2012
I get the same error on my free EOD sometimes
Goodbye home
Message 123 of 128 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Sep 2, 2012

The concept is interesting, I can agree with that... having a TV in Home on which a user can view movies and TV shows, that is. But, it seems to be little more than an interesting idea. I use my RL big screen TV to go onto Home. In fact, I switch my satellite connections OFF so I can go onto Home. And then when I sign onto Home... I watch TV (or a movie?)? Why would I do that?

Is this just something that appeals to people who don't have satellite, cable or Netflix (or DVD's?). I can't help but imagine that  would be a small number of those who own PS3s, but... who knows?

Many people have complained there are numerous problems with inviting a friend over to watch a show or movie on any EOD. That seems to make it pointless to try to turn it into an activity to share with Home friends (initially, I assumed that WAS the whole point).
In fact, the idea of signing onto Home so I can visit a friend... and then watch a movie together... seems a bit odd anyway. I have friends on Home because I like to chat with them, not because I want to watch a movie with them. I watch movies when I am NOT signed into Home (and I have the freedom to watch whatever I like, without having to make sure others are happy with my choice).

Additionally, people have said that many of the shows (and movies?) are of poor quality, have been available for years (I mean, if I wanted to watch The Fifth Element, havent I had 15 years to do that?), and some even have commercials. Soooo... why would I turn OFF my satellite and Netflix viewing options to sign on to Home and... watch a poorer version of what I already have?

I own several spaces with built-in EODs, and I have NEVER watched anything on them, because I don't really see the point (also, I'm Canadian, so the whole issue of what I am even able to watch has been pretty confusing). I have sometimes listened to the radio on the EOD, but I generally hate commercial radio and stopped listening to regular radio stations (those  that have DJs and commercials) years ago. I just can't tolerate them anymore. It was nice to have music playing in Home when friends visited, but I ended up using the boom-boxes or other music-playing devices because the commercials and other noise was just too annoying. So, at the very most, I could MAYBE imagine myself purchasing a portable radio service, but... that's not what's available anyway.

When I invite friends over, I usually do so to show them the space and how I have decorated it. So the fact that the new portable EODs take up 25 furniture slots is another big detraction. I don't want friends to visit a nearly-empty space! Heck, I often use up 100 slots even in the smallest apartments (and it would be heartbreaking to have to delete 25 items to make room for a TV).

I tried out the free Loot EOD TV in an apartment, and noticed that even when you zoom in on the image, it doesn't fill the whole screen. Is this the case with any of the TVs available for purchase? That would be yet another detraction.
ANYWAY... my point is that, although this is an interesting idea, I just don't get it. Sure, it has potential, but it's not there yet. There has been so much anticipation and excitement about the release of the portable EODs, but I could never see myself spending the money for something with such a big list of limitations (certainly not $11 to $15 in Home). When the novelty of the idea wears off, will anyone else really watch this?

Message 124 of 128 (170 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28879 posts

Sep 2, 2012

I do.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 125 of 128 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2706 posts

Sep 3, 2012

I finally got to watching something steady when I found Leo LaPorte formerly of Tech TV on for three hours with John Dvorak and some other fellow I don't know. Vinegar was included in the mix.

It wasn't Tech TV but they did talk about technical stuff and some fun things. Very enjoyable.

There are a few music channels two of which didn't play at first. When they did it was music I didn't care for however I didn't give it a fair chance.

Another station seemed to be Frank Sinatra type music but I only listened to a couple of songs.

I don't think I'll care for many of the movies but might enjoy some of the sports channels. We'll see.

EOD has potential. Smiley Happy

In memory of Jody Westover and all those who fight or have fought cancer

Message 126 of 128 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1523 posts

Sep 4, 2012
Hey if anybody needs too see the TVs I got the whole bundle just send me a message with EOD in the titleSmiley Happy also when a thank loot for giving me this bundle Smiley Happy
Goodbye home
Message 127 of 128 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
3 posts

Sep 5, 2012

would like a EOD that only plays RadioIO, since the current one's can't due to large memory issue.

Message 128 of 128 (83 Views)
0 Likes