Sackboy
550 posts

Re: EA Ripping off Home......

Apr 16, 2007

Eararaldor wrote:
Don't you have to pay for stuff in home as well?
Not to the extent of charging you for moving, but I'm sure there selling clothes and stuff.

I think Sony mentioned that the "basic" apartment was free and you would be able to buy a bigger space. I wouldn't be surprised if some clothing and furnishings were a few (insert currency here), but I bet there will still be some basic clothing/furnishings that you can get (and there was talk of game specific clothing also).

Yeah, I'm sure they'll ask for money for some things, but there is still some basic functionality for free (and certainly anything that you 'need' is included).

The point about E.A. is that if they were designing this, they would include micro-payments for EVERYTHING.
Message 11 of 26 (6 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1072 posts

Apr 16, 2007
ea steals everything
Ps3 owner
PsP owner
Ps2 owner
Ps1 owner

PS3 TAG-KILLERSPARTAN
curently working on :Metal Gear

Message 12 of 26 (6 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 17, 2007
     I have been researching all avenues for quite sometime now, and here is my opinion.

I'm heading towards a MBA in Business, CIS, and Accounting with a specialization in Marketing, just so you know I am not talking from my (fill in the blank). But there in products, in every market you have leaders and followers. Notice fast food places and their ever similar "New" products. Either way, it is all going to come down to corporate backing of the products in place. Meaning who will support PS Home and who will support (fill in the blank). So assume the role of a corporate Marketing Director of (fill in the blank, eg. Starbucks, Wal-Mart, etc.). Which product benefits the company the best for the money?

Now EA and their television partner can offer game advertisment intergration and television based advertising, which is beneficial. However, you have Sony who can advertise through any of their multiple facets (eg. Sony Pictures, music, games,home audio, home video, etc.) not to mention the other heavyweight supporters of Sony.

So assuming the role of the Director I would have to believe that we would back the most diverse product we could find which would ultimately be Sony, for they can offer more product intergration in more avenues for a competetive cost.

Message Edited by Iverpickle on 04-16-2007 10:49 PM
Message 13 of 26 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1767 posts

Apr 17, 2007
This is good news. Ill tell you why. Sony will have to compete with EA to make their service better. Thus, making HOME better and better for us.
Message 14 of 26 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12394 posts

Apr 17, 2007

moneyman9 wrote:
"Personally I think EA sucks..  I bought MLB 2k7 for both the xbox 360 and PS3..  and the PS3 version, sucks big time!!  No more EA games for me."

EA doesn't make the 2k games.  That's 2k Sports.  2k sports sucks, but EA is much better for sports games.

HAHA EA's basketball games suck worse than 2K's, but Madden has always been good to me.
BrolyReborn
Message 15 of 26 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

Apr 17, 2007
EA's thingy just seems like a TV Themed MMORPG. Sony didn't invent that genrre.
Home was inspired by Second Life (they can deny all they want.. it is what it is)
SL was inspired by SIms
Sims has been around for 15 or so years.
there hae been attempts at 3d avatar ased chat rooms since the begining of the internet.. this is just another face to it.

Message 16 of 26 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
779 posts

Apr 17, 2007
15 years?

Not likely.

Maybe Sim____ Has been around that long, but the idea of the "The Sims" has only been around for something like 5-7 years.

However, your right, it was the first style of game that was in that genre. However you cant for the rest of time suggest that anybody that does this genre of "game" is copying.

Home is neat, but I wish they would give us the simple ability of accessing the XMB in game.

I dont understand how they could develop this friggin online world, but not something as simple as the XMB in game. UGH   /rant
Message 17 of 26 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Apr 17, 2007
EA is known for stealing just about everything from other developers.  Name on thing they make that hasn't been taken from someone else.  Lately their games are getting so bad, no innovation, feels like the last years game with almost nothing new.
Message 18 of 26 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2499 posts

Apr 17, 2007

XerXer00 wrote:
Since its EA, you will probably have to pay for everything.

Whats that? You want to walk? Thats Downloadable content, 5 dollars please.

O? You want to communicate? Thats Downloadable content, 5 dollars please.

You want Clothes? Shoes? A discman? Control over the camera, blah blah blah.

Get bent EA.

Electronic-Arts "Charge for everything"

Lmaoooooooo.......funny and true at the same time.
Message 19 of 26 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2499 posts

Apr 17, 2007

moneyman9 wrote:
 2k sports sucks, but EA is much better for sports games.

EA is better at sports games ??     

Have to disagree with you on that, 2k sports games has always been better in gameplay and presentation than EA sports games.
Message 20 of 26 (6 Views)
0 Likes