Uncharted Territory
1493 posts

Re: E3 on HOME!!!!

Mar 21, 2007
I know that the E3 that we used to know would be cool if it were implemented into PS Home, but that E3 is gone for now. The E3 that we once knew is completely gone and has changed into a number of meetings in various hotels across santa monica. They decreased the size of attendees from about 120,000 a day to about 3000 a day. It's also been stated that companies will be shown less games and the whole thing is on an invite only basis for consumers and developers alike.

This means that the smaller developers are kind of getting kicked to the curb.

But then thats the beauty of this idea.  If the ESA decided to create some sort of virtual space within PS HOMe, then small time developers and even large companies could create virtual booths to display their games. This would greatly save on cost and development of these huge man made structures that they've been building for E3, but allow the companies to still draw virtual ps home attendees in through huge developer made structures that will only be limited by the imagination of the publisher or developers booth.

Just think of going to a Team Ninja booth where your avatar could hang out with the girls of DOA.

Also imagine all of us gathering in a large virtual hall to watch a streaming phil harrison keynote.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
for years men have been talking about war and peace. But now no longer can they just talk about it. It is no longer the choice between violence and non violence in this world. Its non violence or non existence -Martin luther King jr.
Message 21 of 37 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15009 posts

Mar 22, 2007
That would be awesome, a virtual E3 where you can play the demos.

Wow, great idea dude.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 22 of 37 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3158 posts

Mar 22, 2007
interesting,lots of possibilities with all this virtual Home stuff

Message 23 of 37 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Mar 22, 2007
There's no necessary need for a live feed from E3,

There can always be virtual booths similar to the ones at E3. That would be amazing
Message 24 of 37 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
427 posts

Mar 22, 2007
actually thinking about it it could be a great idea.
to tie in with any real life show sony could put on a virtual show in home.
have booths showing stuff from the games, videos and stills, some music, give away free tshirts and caps.
and demos to download, visit the game's booth and it'll queue the demo download for you.
be a good way to provide the show experience to users round the world for (i would imagine) a fraction of the cost of putting on a real show.

i hope somebody at sony's reading this cos it could be huge.
games companies all complained that e3 and shows like it were too time consuming and expensive, surely a virtual version get's a similar result (for a much wider range of people) for much less time and effort.

but then the possibilites for what home could bring to ps3 users in the future seams almost limitless.
Message 25 of 37 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
186 posts

Mar 22, 2007
^ also.. no waiting in line
PSN: aoxd_ I accept all friend requests!

Message 26 of 37 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Mar 23, 2007

IKAR0S wrote:
^ also.. no waiting in line

Very true.. Well, I hope so!
Who says there wont be other PS3 owners standing their virtula buts in line?

Message 27 of 37 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
211 posts

Mar 23, 2007
I could imagine that happening...

You have a huuuge conference room, with a Phil Harrison character model standing onstage with a huge 1080p screen behind him and a couple of PS3s.

You have a huuuge crowd of PS3 home users, looking at the huge 1080p screen, and Harrison's character moves, talks to us, picks someone form the audience....

Now that I think of it, everyone would try to jump Phil Harrison's character while he was onstage.
Message 28 of 37 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10233 posts

Mar 23, 2007
would be nice...
Message 29 of 37 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
186 posts

Mar 23, 2007

N35QU1K wrote:
I could imagine that happening...

You have a huuuge conference room, with a Phil Harrison character model standing onstage with a huge 1080p screen behind him and a couple of PS3s.

You have a huuuge crowd of PS3 home users, looking at the huge 1080p screen, and Harrison's character moves, talks to us, picks someone form the audience....

Now that I think of it, everyone would try to jump Phil Harrison's character while he was onstage.

lmao I think their would be set restrictions during the Conference -- to stay or leave, maybe have Phil Harrison actually answering questions live -- etc
PSN: aoxd_ I accept all friend requests!

Message 30 of 37 (29 Views)
0 Likes