Uncharted Territory
1405 posts

Re: Dust beta codes

Jun 6, 2012

Just played map 2 and got my suit

Kinda fun game its like Risk...now i wanna beat the other maps just for the fun of it !

From a decision by Sony to move away from Community to focus on Competition...

To a forum that was on its way to repairing itself in a focus on Community.. now having trolls protected if they help generate site hits..

To the world of HOME being kept in the dark when so many developers have left already...

A concept focused on profits and Competition have another name in the world of Pro-Community- RIP!

May the trolls, drama makers and competitive personas find joy in Sony - I'll do like soo many others and just move on.

Kitty Pyra - Career and Online life ended officially 2014
Message 81 of 161 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

Jun 6, 2012

Kitty_Pyra wrote:

Just played map 2 and got my suit

Kinda fun game its like Risk...now i wanna beat the other maps just for the fun of it !

According to the posters, there's 5 outfits, 1 each week. I know 1 will likely be for each of the factions, as the first one had a faction name in it, idk what the 5th one is... maybe "Mercenary"?

& Lovin how the beta key ='s companion for every acc. on the PS3 w/ the download data. XD Saves me havin to worry about my alts. lol

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 82 of 161 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2949 posts

Jun 6, 2012

uhg, finally beat it again, technically beat it with my freind earlier, but let her take the win first.  i currently have it downloading now.  along with a bunch of free games from PS+ 0..o

BEWARE OF THE SPEEDING WHITE SAUSAGE!!!!!
mercia comic here --> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/duty-to-the-spirit-mercia-comic/m-p/37428903/thread-id/1089731/highlight/false
Message 83 of 161 (5 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1191 posts

Jun 6, 2012

Anyone know what the turrets are for? I always get the map almost totally filled and then I just get owned within two turns. I must be missing something. How can one color just crush you so bad so quick when they have very little to work with? I'm assuming it has something to do with those turrets since I never use them.

Message 84 of 161 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2949 posts

Jun 6, 2012

the turrets are like a barrier to help keep out the foot soildiers and power suit guys, the thank and walker mech can destroy them though (atleast that's what ive seen) .  however you dont need the turrets to beat the enemy, just try to keep all the insects and terrorists out of your territory as you wont get any money because of them.

mercia comic here --> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/duty-to-the-spirit-mercia-comic/m-p/37428903/thread-id/1089731/highlight/false
Message 85 of 161 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3844 posts

Jun 6, 2012

pyrodragon5 wrote:

the turrets are like a barrier to help keep out the foot soildiers and power suit guys, the thank and walker mech can destroy them though (atleast that's what ive seen) .  however you dont need the turrets to beat the enemy, just try to keep all the insects and terrorists out of your territory as you wont get any money because of them.

The forts defend their space and all immediately touching spaces at the level of a special ops soldier. early in the game they can be really great to defend territory and choke points since they don't have a salary each turn.

Message 86 of 161 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2760 posts

Jun 6, 2012

Wicked_Red_Grin wrote:

You can only play the Beta on Mondays and Thursdays at certain times after over an hour of 3 downloads.
and I still dont have the companion. Lame

Last night I received my beta code. I entered it and downloaded the game. The install automatically followed. I then returned to the DUST Lounge and the companion immediately downloaded. I never opened, started, or updated the initial download. For the companion, all you need to do is complete the initial Beta download and return to the DUST Lounge.

Posted Image

Message 87 of 161 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
571 posts

Jun 6, 2012

im hearing theres only 10 thousand codes avail, and from wat i read  the dust beta isnt only avail thursdays n monday,  it states  thursday through monday, n if u win  plan on hours to download n installing it  not including errors  gl

Message 88 of 161 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2760 posts

Jun 6, 2012

The DUST info screen states that the companion will be awarded for " downloading the DUST client" Clearly it IS that simple. Perhaps, awarded beta codes from the developers random selections MAY unlock it too. I read somewhere that the E3 Home awarded beta unlock will be effective throughout ALL the beta release events. So, apparantly there will be other TIME LIMITED codes.

Posted Image

Message 89 of 161 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2949 posts

Jun 6, 2012

if this was possibly just NA i might be inclinded to believe it, but if its world wide, i doubt very much that only 10,000 codes are available through the game.  when i read it monday they made it seem that the first 10,000 visitors to the space would get beta invites

Message 90 of 161 (5 Views)
0 Likes