Hekseville Citizen
356 posts

Re: Dust beta codes

Jun 6, 2012

I put a pic in the e3 rewards checklist thread.

Message 71 of 161 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1156 posts

Jun 6, 2012

I e-mailed their support, saw on the Eve site that others we're having same issue and to E-mail them, hopefully that'll work

Photobucket
 photo CT3WinnerBanner_zps9eb2b641.png
Message 72 of 161 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3844 posts

Jun 6, 2012

here's a few tips for maps 1 and 2.

Map 1.

This map took me ages because I kept trying to take the top left portion first. Don't do that.

The cluster on the island on the island on the left. Create a troop and tak the hex at the bottom. next turn take the hex above that, then don't move that until you can make it a level 2 troop. That will block anyone from taking any of your spaces well enough until you are strong enough to actually take a few others.

The cluster just to the right of that is where you want to set up your main base, so be careful that you connect bases with a troop from this cluster.

On this map, that center portion is going to be key. try to take it as early as possible. Whover controls that will ultimately win. The hexes in the island above are distributed well enough that no on should get the upper hand, and can be taken easily enough with two level two troops later. Just block anyone coming out until you have the center well defended, have taken the island to the left, and connected it to your main base.

Use the other two clusters to disrupt as much as you can (eg move the far right troop down to keep red from connecting and leave it there for about 4 turns). Get these connected  to your main base at around the 4th-5th turn and place a gun fort on that strip to preserve it. Be careful not to move your base from the left side.

Use the choke points on this map. There are a few spots that are only three wide. A well placed gun fort/tower will block entry early on. After that, a tank should do the job. From there just move slowly and methodically.

Map 2.

Pretty easy. work to take control of the bottom area and connect those two bases. Then work up. Use the other clusters to disrupt and break up enemy groupings, but don't get upset if you lose them.

Those are the two i've won so far.

Message 73 of 161 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2000 posts

Jun 6, 2012

Yeah, I went to the space and tried to play for a half a second, saw that it was too complicated for the amount of time I had in Home, and left. But, I'll be back to try again this afternoon when I have more time on my hands. The recruiter in the space says that you should play the game and watch the vids to be entered into the beta. The dev from CCP said on the PSBlog interview that onlly the first 10,000 entries from Home will count.

You can also go to their website via the recruiter's options and register that way. As soon as I did, I received an email saying I was registered, but it did not guarantee me a spot. THEN I went to try out the game for that brief second.

Oddly enough I received another email this morning about registering again....

Don't know why...

SUBSCRIBE: InWorldPix

WATCH:  Homeboy's How To

FOLLOW:  @InWorldPix

Message 74 of 161 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2949 posts

Jun 6, 2012

a freind of mine just redeemed her code, and it worked, its possible that someone had used it already by either guessing the code, using one of those generators you see some posting about, or miskeyed a legitamate code

BEWARE OF THE SPEEDING WHITE SAUSAGE!!!!!
mercia comic here --> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/duty-to-the-spirit-mercia-comic/m-p/37428903/thread-id/1089731/highlight/false
Message 75 of 161 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2760 posts

Jun 6, 2012

beneloben wrote:

I got a code last night and can't use it as it said it was already used ... YAY, thanks

If you return to the registration screen, the 3rd screem on the right of the Recruiter (other 2 are videos), your code will still be displayed. Go recheck that you are entering  the correct code.

Posted Image

Message 76 of 161 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

Jun 6, 2012

ITCOB1 wrote:

Wicked_Red_Grin wrote:

You can only play the Beta on Mondays and Thursdays at certain times after over an hour of 3 downloads.
and I still dont have the companion. Lame

Last night I received mu beta code. I entered it and downloaded the game. The install automatically followed. I then returned to the DUST Lounge and the companion immediately downloaded. I never opened, started, or updated the initial download. For the companion, all you need to do is complete the initial Beta download and return to the DUST Lounge.

My girlfriend signed in today after I downloaded/installed the DUST Beta last night and recieved my own Drone companion... she hasn't beaten Slay or done anything DUST related, yet recieved the companion as well.

Has anybody who's won/installed their DUST Beta signed in on an alt to see if simply having it on the PS3 HDD is the trigger? Seems an interesting change from 'requires a save data'. lol

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 77 of 161 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3346 posts

Jun 6, 2012

Yes, I only had to have it installed for it to unlock the companion.

Crazy-88 wrote:

Has anybody who's won/installed their DUST Beta signed in on an alt to see if simply having it on the PS3 HDD is the trigger? Seems an interesting change from 'requires a save data'. lol

See this thing ^^^? Gettin alot of Forum-requests... look me up on PSN, not on here.
http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3402531 <- Login/MissingItems issues, over 6 month old problem still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still unreturned as of current.
Message 78 of 161 (10 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
823 posts

Jun 6, 2012

I won it this morning aftyer I finally beat Slay and Im pretty sure my gf got it as well even though she hadnt beat Slay. It may just have to be on the ps3 to get it for all accounts.

Message 79 of 161 (10 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
823 posts

Jun 6, 2012

For any advice for it I would recommend map 2. It was relatively easy for me to be compared to others that I played and lost horribly on.

Message 80 of 161 (10 Views)
0 Likes