anyone know how to get that dropship companion? a guy there told me that the code was in the PSN store but all thats there are 3 videos and a wallpaper and after downloading all them i saw no redeem code for the ???
I'm curious about this as well, the posters and the entry-popup mention "Download DUST Client for a Home companion" stuff. But only thing to download so far is the beta if you get a code, and videos.
Anybody fully-installed the Beta, played some, then got on Home to see if they got anything?
I was already in the beta, so I am not sure. It may be for that, but it may be for watching the video at the dust kiosk in the E3 space. It's in the booth beside the statue
IN the DUST space itself, you get a popup when you first enter about the beta keys, some stuff, and a companion, that is also on posters around the space. To obtain the companion it mentions downloading a DUST "Client" of some sort, but lacks clarification. Wether or not this client is out, hidden, or otherwise is what myself and others are wondering, as it mentions downloads, not the E3 spaces, which are already required for the E3 Pass Tshirt, and in the DUST Space, the beta keys.
See this thing ^^^? Gettin alot of Forum-requests... look me up on PSN, not on here.
http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3402531 <- Login/MissingItems issues, over 6 month old problem still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still unreturned as of current.
Its the Beta, says on it when you get it. Watch all videos and win slay, and go to the screen that says ask the recruter for info.
I got a Beta Key in Home.
Beat the Slay game 1 time, and watched every video, and went through all the text choices with bartender and recruiter. Then went to recruiter kiosk and it had the code displayed.
Also got a Dust 514 outfit for beating Slay.
the game is haaaaard. i had to play on multiple maps to see which one offered the best advantage. i wound up winning on the 9th(?) or second to last map on the top row.
the most important thing you need to do in the game is to try and obtain spaces. dont focus on destroying the enemy units.
the best thing to do is to try and split up the enemies regions. the bigger the region the more money they get, the more money they get the stronger the troops they can make. so if you cut a region in half they cant make strong troops, and if youre lucky you will lower their cash so much that their higher level troops get destroyed.
and to get your beta code once youve won and watched the videos, go tho the screen area that says "Dust 514" to the top right of the Recruiter. a screen will pop up with the code that you redeem in the PS Store.
Good advice! I just won on the second map, and it took over an hour. It is very slow going! It took me a while to figure out that if I just split larger troops from their base, they would die before they could attack.
lol I left after I won to chec out the suit without even looking for a beta key. I got in the beta last friday, so that's not a big deal.
what I found:
- Try and keep your main base deep inside of safe territory before leaving it unguarded. Early on leaving a second level troop next to it will preent almost any attacks. Do not move this guy until your base is at least three hexagons deep in cover.
- Secure your area and work out from there a bit at a time. trying not to leave your troops in positions where they can be cut off from your main base.
- Take "bites" out of the area when you safely can by encircling it so you are fragmenting enemy bases. This works especially well in choke points between lands, and along the outer edges.
- Use the other enimies to block off any one that is growing too rapidly. Enemy land works just as well as yours to cut the enemy territory into chunks.
- Like SE said, don't fight large enemies head on. Isolate them from their base and lack of money will destroy them. If you are progressing methodically, it should only take three or so ground troops to isolate and kill them.
- To destroy a base, cut it off leaving only one enemy hexagon next to it, then ill the base. This should prevent it from becoming a terrorist.
- Get rid of terrorists as quickly as possible on your area before they are able to reproduce. They will destroy your income very rapidly if left alone.
- Link bases as often as you can to pool resources.
- Most of all, take it slow. Know where you are heading before you start building in a direction.
it took me a good hour to beat the game also.
of course that was after the near 2 hours of failure. XD
also, if there are terrorists in an isolated area you dont need, you should leave them there instead of killing them and taking the land.
the AI for the enemies isnt that great, they ignore terrorists and will advance on those spaces and the terrorists will multiply and spread to their spaces, locking off cash and their movement.
i did this and essentialy made a wall in an area of terrorists that the enemy wouldnt move through. if the terrorists did spread towards my area id just squish them with a regular troop unit though.
So I downloaded and installed the Beta (1507 MB) only to have it want me to update to a newer version. Another 1600 MB download! Ugh!
Why wouldn't the most current version be available for download in the first place?