Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Re: Dream Island Ideas / Creations

Sep 6, 2012

Bobsfed wrote:

FamedRolemodel wrote:

Hey everybody,

So yesterday I explored quite a bit through The Dream Island (Open House) and came up with a few ideas with how I'd like to design it. I purchased the house myself for a fair price of $7.99. I don't have much furniture so this process will take a little while, just spent $25 in about 5 minutes and only half way through with items on my list that I feel like I need.

Anyways, I was curious if anybody else had a few creative ideas with what they would like to do with the space. Also, if you have any ideas on what they should update with this great new place.

I personally think it would be cool if we could use the boat and have it ride to the other small Island just passed us on Dream Island. Even if it's just an empty beach, I think it would be cool to be able to have a little tour ride with the boat, say every 10 minutes it will load from one island if you wanted to go and drop us off at the other, then it will notify us if it were loading up to leave back if we wanted to go back. Maybe we could see dolphins or whales or something on the ride there just to add to the beautiful scenery. Share what you think! and feel free to contact me and maybe we can view each others places and see what creations we came / come up with!

I'd be happy if they just let us go on the boat period. I wouldn't need it to go anywhere. I'd just like to be able to sit on it and maybe put some small items on it. Thats it. Is that too much to ask Lockwood?

Yeah I hear you! That would be cool as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Honor means that a man is not exceptional; fame, that he is.
Fame is something which must be won; honor, only something which must not be lost."
Photobucket
Message 11 of 23 (276 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1820 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 6, 2012

I already submitted my ideas to Lockwood themself... They didn't even bother to look at my ideas, but people have Replied saying they want the same thing... 

My thoughts on Expansion?

1.) Open the pool of water in the Cave to a tunnel that leads to a Forest on the other side... & let us Scoobadive under water all the way there... Why? Because Lockwood made some great Underwater Beach's in Public Spaces, why not implement that into this Space, here? It would also be nice to explore a Forest on the Island while we are their... Why? To show the Island isn't only about the House, but about the Island it's self, oO 

Only thing were missing now, is a Giant Smoke Monster from Lost, oO Just kidding, lOlz...

2.) Allow us at least on Board the Boat... Why? Cause I could of sworn the place was announced with Boating, & you can't go boating, without being able to board a boat first... 

3.) Oky, so we were given the Scavanger Hunt on the Island, but where is our Gifting abilities, I thought we were given both a Scavanger Hunt, & Giftable Items.... Plus, wouldn't it be great to have our own Exlusive Items for at least purchasing the Island, that only the Owners can Recieve? 

4.) As you guys have asked, let us board the other Island? 

5.) Weather Effects or Day To Night Effects, either way, it'd be nice to have at least some form of chang in Scenery every now, & then... 

6.) Better Furnature, interactive at least, doesn't need to be an Active Item... I dun care for Decorated Items I can only look at, lOl...

Anyone else want these?

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 12 of 23 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Sep 6, 2012

GuRuAsaki2098 wrote:

I already submitted my ideas to Lockwood themself... They didn't even bother to look at my ideas, but people have Replied saying they want the same thing... 

My thoughts on Expansion?

1.) Open the pool of water in the Cave to a tunnel that leads to a Forest on the other side... & let us Scoobadive under water all the way there... Why? Because Lockwood made some great Underwater Beach's in Public Spaces, why not implement that into this Space, here? It would also be nice to explore a Forest on the Island while we are their... Why? To show the Island isn't only about the House, but about the Island it's self, oO 

Only thing were missing now, is a Giant Smoke Monster from Lost, oO Just kidding, lOlz...

2.) Allow us at least on Board the Boat... Why? Cause I could of sworn the place was announced with Boating, & you can't go boating, without being able to board a boat first... 

3.) Oky, so we were given the Scavanger Hunt on the Island, but where is our Gifting abilities, I thought we were given both a Scavanger Hunt, & Giftable Items.... Plus, wouldn't it be great to have our own Exlusive Items for at least purchasing the Island, that only the Owners can Recieve? 

4.) As you guys have asked, let us board the other Island? 

5.) Weather Effects or Day To Night Effects, either way, it'd be nice to have at least some form of chang in Scenery every now, & then... 

6.) Better Furnature, interactive at least, doesn't need to be an Active Item... I dun care for Decorated Items I can only look at, lOl...

Anyone else want these?

Yes, all of those are interesting ideas. I mean, I personally wouldn't mind not being able to have all of those things at once. But it would still be nice to have. I'm not sure and I could be mistaken, but I thought we did have exclusive items for the owners of Dream Island? When you go to one of the icons in the space. But again, I could be wrong.  I also thought about at least being able to swim or something / just have a bigger body of water in the cave, but it wasn't something I cared for too much. Just something that would be nice. And the weather and time change would be amazing, I feel every place should have that. I love the ideas though, maybe they will add an update to it sometime? At least with the boat.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fame is something which must be won; honor, only something which must not be lost."
Photobucket
Message 13 of 23 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Sep 11, 2012

So I have everything finished in my space. If anybody would like to check it out feel free to send me a friend request. 

=D

Photobucket
Message 14 of 23 (227 Views)
Fender Bender
3075 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 11, 2012

Sure I'd like to check it out. I've already been to someone else's dream island space and got the rewards. But I like to see people space's and their deco styles. I'll send you a friend request whenever Home's back up again. Man Happy

bobs fed signature
Message 15 of 23 (221 Views)
Survivor
2284 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 11, 2012

I made a video of how I decorated mine.  I put my bedroom next to the waterfall, out in the open.  It's easiest to see this on full screen.  I shot it in hi def 1080 however, so you will have to run it at a lot lower definition in here than in YouTube (KearaKauai).  Results are a little grainier

Message 16 of 23 (201 Views)
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Sep 11, 2012

Keara22HI wrote:

I made a video of how I decorated mine.  I put my bedroom next to the waterfall, out in the open.  It's easiest to see this on full screen.  I shot it in hi def 1080 however, so you will have to run it at a lot lower definition in here than in YouTube (KearaKauai).  Results are a little grainier

That's awesome. It's funny because I have 2 beds in mine.. and one of them are in the exact location. I'd like to show you mine as well. And I love the music you have in the video, I have tons and tons of songs like that. I would probably use the song(s); "Redreaming" or "Utopia Train" by Zero Cult, "Hayling" by FC Kahuna, or maybe "Faded Away" by Charlie P. if I made a video for mine.  =)

-  I added you. Send me a message whenever you'd like to check it out.

Photobucket
Message 17 of 23 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2284 posts

Sep 11, 2012

Wow!  Thank you, Famed!   Are you putting machinimas up on YouTube of your creations?  If so, please tell me the account name so I can take a look.  Mine is KearaKauai.   I have about a dozen personal spaces decorated to specific themes now, each with music.

Message 18 of 23 (165 Views)
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Sep 12, 2012

Keara22HI wrote:

Wow!  Thank you, Famed!   Are you putting machinimas up on YouTube of your creations?  If so, please tell me the account name so I can take a look.  Mine is KearaKauai.   I have about a dozen personal spaces decorated to specific themes now, each with music.

I may sometime in the future but I don't believe it will be anytime soon haha. But I will be sure to check your stuff out anyway. And I'd love to show you things I've done whenever. And it would also be cool to see yours while actually being there as well, even though video works perfect also. May I ask why you're thanking me, though? Is it for the songs??

Photobucket
Message 19 of 23 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2284 posts

Sep 12, 2012

I tried to invite you, but you were busy.  Maybe if I am online tomorrow if you have a few minutes free.  Same goes for anyone else who wants to do the entire walkthrough. Just send me an Add request and I will check to see if you are on when I log in.

Message 20 of 23 (131 Views)
0 Likes