Apr 17 2013
By: DMCoutatime Wastelander 681 posts

Dream Hideaway Update Review

[ Edited ]
29 replies 400 views Edited Apr 17, 2013

I was excited to hear about the new update for the Dream Hideaway as I won it in a contest last week that someone held on the forums. I checked the spawn points for decorating and I thought they did a good job on that so thank you Lockwood. Then it was time to check out the new swim feature on the pool. I walked up and noticed the steps were gone. So I walked over to the ladder and a prompt came up to press x for swim. So I did and I started laughing immediately. The swim animation is a little un-natural in my opinion. I looked more like a frog than a actual person swimming in the thing. I was tempted to put on my frogger suit and take a picture. Then I realized you can't take a picture while swimming in the pool. Well that was kind of a bummer for me but either way I would like to say thanks to Lockwood for the update.

Message 1 of 30 (400 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1207 posts

Re: Dream Hideaway Update

Apr 17, 2013

Yay for new spawn points!

Message 2 of 30 (382 Views)
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

Apr 17, 2013

New spawn points are nice, tho my pool is broken lol. Everytime I use the ladder it just puts me in the pool as normal running around, no swim animation or anything. Tho honestly it's not something I would use often anyhow but it would be nice to have it for videos & such. Also I believe my pools circulating pump is going out lol, when I stand near the pool you can hear the humming sound cutting in & out constantly. LKWD fix please.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 30 (370 Views)
Fender Bender
1747 posts

Apr 17, 2013

OK - I just visited my Dream Hideaway space ... YES, the additional spawn points are present (I counted now 8 points to be exact). And the Swim interactive seems kind of hinky in that you have to press Start to exit the pool (says Exit Interact - Dream Hideaway). The Swim activity must be activated at the Pool stairs. Exit can be done anywhere in the Pool.

Other than the above, I really like the new updates to the Hideaway! Smiley LOL Thanks LKWD!

Message 4 of 30 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5125 posts

Apr 17, 2013
@TC915 Same thing had happened to me when I tried swimming in the pool. He would just run around in the pool with no swimming animation. I had to leave and come back for it to work.
Message 5 of 30 (334 Views)
I Only Post Everything
735 posts

Apr 17, 2013

I have to say there's been many items in Home that people have issues with, that are never fixed. The fact someone actually listened and did something about it, is super awesome!

Now I can enjoy the space the way I wanted to!!! Thanks Lockwood! xD

Message 6 of 30 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Thanks Ledis, yea I tried that &it worked... well sorta lol, I tried to exit the swim interact feature & it glitched me back in the pool, but now there's no controller symbol by my id. It's stuck in swim mode & I can't quit w/out using navigator, lol think LKWD should've added a lifeguard in this update since I don't how long my avi can tread water before exhaustion sets in. Tho he may be ok, seems like a strong swimmer since most of the torso sticks out of the water  in the animation lol. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 30 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Apr 17, 2013
I'm having problems with the pool. When I press x to swim I do have the swim animation while I'm in the pool but when I exit, I spawn on top the ladder and can't get out of the pool area. I'm basically stuck in the pool and have to leave Dream Hideaway and then come back Smiley Sad
Message 8 of 30 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
430 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Lockwood thank you for listening to your customers & try resolving some problems with the place. But unfortunatly the swiming pool doesn't work properly & can't get out of it. i had no other alernative than going to a different place & come back. I hope this will be repaired very soon ! thanx.  Woman Wink

Message 9 of 30 (281 Views)
Lombax Warrior
106 posts

Apr 17, 2013

KMDash21 wrote:
I'm having problems with the pool. When I press x to swim I do have the swim animation while I'm in the pool but when I exit, I spawn on top the ladder and can't get out of the pool area. I'm basically stuck in the pool and have to leave Dream Hideaway and then come back Smiley Sad

Same here, i can use the "swim" and it puts me into the middle of the pool, but when i try to exit (can only be done by pressing start then choosing exit swim option) it puts me on top of the ladder, from there all i can do is run around the edge of the pool. No way of getting any further than that. We waited all this time and its just another FAIL. God Lord whats with these people, why cant they get anything right? Maintenance and updates just equal more and more probs lately.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 10 of 30 (268 Views)
0 Likes