^ It just shows an animated Lockwood logo image
Message 21 of 36 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Re: Dream Hideaway Apartment

Feb 14, 2013

s9358 wrote:

I like the place, and it can be I think decorated rather good in a minimalist style. But as others already pointed out, there are to little spawn points. I tried yesterday to get the Tiki bar outside, and gave up.

I have 3 rewards so far, sofa, bed and refrigerator. And although they look nice they have their faults, when you sit on the sofa you sit on the edge, which looks strange, and the tc screen on the bed just looks silly.

The space is nice, but after years of requests, one would think all chairs / sofas will lean back by now.

Message 22 of 36 (364 Views)
I Only Post Everything
735 posts

Feb 14, 2013

I like the space, but the lack of spawn points is terrible!!! It is sooo annoying having to move things that far ... to be honest I won't bother furnishing it til it is fixed or I have a lot of spare time to waste, lol.

I myself like the fact it's like a house with rooms and such, but I'd prefer the bigger rooms to be divided into smaller, easy to decorate rooms than wide open "Idk what to do with this" space. Time of day change would be nice as well. Lots of room for pictures, which is nice.

In my opinion, the space is a little "unrefined". It needs work. But it is nice if you add colorful furniture to it to bright it up instead of the white all over, lol.

I have to say I love the kitchen, though! Huge and spacious and looks realistic.

Overall, I'd say it's up to your taste. Might be good place for parties and/or hanging out, but really needs blast of color.

Message 23 of 36 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 15, 2013

From my post in the official poll feedback thread:

Pros:

Very nice Architectural Design

Large Space

High Ceilings

Built-in Kitchen

Large Bedroom w/ Built-in shelves and large TV

Large Exterior Deck

Swimming Pool

Interesting Exterior Environment

Nice Exterior Sound Effects

Owner Rewards

Cons:

*Very Few Spawn Points

No Guest Rewards (although after reading this thread it appears there are 2 guest rewards only available on the weekends?)

No Built-in Gift Machine 

No Time of Day Option

No Hot Tub

Built-in Fireplace is much too small for the room it's in and you can barely hear it.

*Not only does this make it more difficult to decorate, but for reasons that make no sense to me, it does not even have a spawn point in the bedroom... And the only two openings into it are far too narrow to fit a bed through.  Adding insult to injury, the very first reward I got when I first explored the space was the bed... But I can't place it in the bedroom... Makes no sense.

For a space that costs as much as the Artic Yacht (also a gift machine space) I was very disappointed to find it is missing many of the features that the Artic Yacht has, like the multiple spawn points, guest rewards, built-in gift machine, and time of day option.

It's a nice space, but compared to others, it's not worth the asking price.  It is more similar to spaces valued at the standard $5 price.

Lockwood is a great developer and they take a keen interest in what their customers say, so I would not be surprised if they update this space in the future to improve it and add value to it.  However, for now I personally would recommend others pass on this space until it get's an update.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 24 of 36 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Feb 15, 2013
i think maybe put google tv or youtube
Message 25 of 36 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Feb 21, 2013

my only problem is that you can't fit the bed in what looks like the bedroom. No spawn point and you can't get it through the doors. Other than that, its really cool. I like big spaces!!

Message 26 of 36 (276 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
588 posts

Feb 21, 2013

Theres a small invisible forcefield on the floor blocking where i want to put fridge at Smiley Sad

Message 27 of 36 (269 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2013

Oppzorro wrote:

my only problem is that you can't fit the bed in what looks like the bedroom. No spawn point and you can't get it through the doors. Other than that, its really cool. I like big spaces!!

There also isn't a spawn point anywhere outside, so you can only place items on the deck that are small enough to fit through the doors.

LKWD tweeted last week that they had sent Sony an update for the space to add spawn points, but either Sony never got it or they didn't include it in this week's update as the space hasn't changed and there are still only three spawn point.

They also said something about adding their swimming feature to the swimming pool, but frankly I'm not sure why they should.  Not only is the pool not very large, but it's also not very deep.  In fact, it already makes for a nice place for floaties...

Now what would be nice is if they added the swimming feature to the lagoon.  Until then, with some creative use, you can still take a dip, even relax by floating on your back and looking up into the sky...

20130217 02-23-02.jpg

20130217 01-03-02.jpg

20130219 11-59-01.jpg

20130219 12-03-01.jpg

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 28 of 36 (266 Views)
Splicer
28 posts

Feb 22, 2013
How did you get into the water?
Message 29 of 36 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

Feb 22, 2013

BlackSheepie wrote:
How did you get into the water?

It's 'complicated', but I am always happy to share what i know, so next time I'm on Home I'll send you a PM and if you are online I'll send you a FR and show you how you can fully explore and enjoy the space... just don't let the various supernatural visitors scare you away:

20130219 13-03-37.jpg

20130219 13-04-17.jpg

20130219 13-01-03.jpg

20130219 13-01-01.jpg

20130219 12-58-01.jpg

20130219 12-55-01.jpg

20130219 12-55-02.jpg

"Like it never happened"

Message 30 of 36 (226 Views)
0 Likes