First Son
8 posts

Re: Dr. Pepper MiniGame

May 5, 2013
I completely agree that it's sexist and immature. Having a taste for soda doesn't have anything to do with manliness or gender/sex, it's just a ridiculous idea to appeal to men only and of course not even to men in general, only to "manly" men. It's just silly. I know that Dr. Pepper has had their sexist ad campaign for at least a year now, probably more. I hate the taste of Dr. Pepper anyway, it always tastes like Benadryl to me.

I do like the vending machine locomotion though, not so much that you're practically advertising Dr. Pepper whenever you're using it though. I never understood the point of ads anyway, everyone knows what Dr. Pepper is and if you like it then you like it and if you don't then you don't, running around in an advert locomotion for Dr. Pepper isn't going to persuade anyone to like Dr. Pepper if they don't.
Message 61 of 80 (278 Views)
First Son
8 posts

May 5, 2013

I completely agree with Icing that it's sexist and immature. Having a taste for soda doesn't have anything to do with manliness or gender/sex, it's just a ridiculous idea to appeal to men only and of course not even to men in general, only to "manly" men. It's just silly. I know that Dr. Pepper has had their sexist ad campaign for at least a year now, probably more. I hate the taste of Dr. Pepper anyway, it always tastes like Benadryl to me.

I do like the vending machine locomotion though, not so much that you're practically advertising Dr. Pepper whenever you're using it though. I never understood the point of ads anyway, everyone knows what Dr. Pepper is and if you like it then you like it and if you don't then you don't, running around in an advert locomotion for Dr. Pepper isn't going to persuade anyone to like Dr. Pepper if they don't.

I know many people prefer to ignore the sexism and just take it as a joke or as something not important but it IS important in society to at least acknowledge that there is in fact sexism going on. That is a fact that you can't ignore. That is all.

Message 62 of 80 (273 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

May 5, 2013

It's silly to put so much thought into a silly campaign. I'd say something is more wrong with you than them if you would get offended over something so stupid.

Message 63 of 80 (265 Views)
I Only Post Everything
823 posts

[ Edited ]
May 5, 2013

I see have no idea why people are getting offended by this silly thing. I love the fact that we actually got some out-of-home content from someone. I thought the campaign was funny personally and one that people could get a laugh out of as well as a great reward item and apprently more to come. It would be a shame for this type of ridiculous over-reaction keep other non-Home based content from getting here or thinking about entered here to promote. Just chill out a bit. lol

Message 64 of 80 (254 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

May 5, 2013

LightOfValkyrie wrote:

I finally got my email from the Dr. Pepper game. It sends you a link you print out a coupon for a free 2 litre of Dr Pepper 10.

Now I just need a printer. Smiley Tongue

Untitled.png

I got mine too, but are you sure it is a straight free 2 liter? I believe mine implied it was a buy one get one free. If it's buy one get one I think the game saying free Dr. Pepper 10 is pretty misleading.

Message 65 of 80 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3916 posts

May 5, 2013

LunarEmerald wrote:

It's silly to put so much thought into a silly campaign. I'd say something is more wrong with you than them if you would get offended over something so stupid.

This.

Come on people. It's just a silly advertisement. If you're getting so worked up over a soda ad, then you really should get out more.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 66 of 80 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

May 5, 2013

LightOfValkyrie wrote:

LunarEmerald wrote:

This.

Come on people. It's just a silly advertisement. If you're getting so worked up over a soda ad, then you really should get out more.

I recall that one thread, the guy who got worked up over the Clearasil promotion going on.

I'm sure these promotions aren't meant to offend anyone, so people shouldn't take it offensive.

Message 67 of 80 (194 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3916 posts

May 5, 2013

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

LightOfValkyrie wrote:

LunarEmerald wrote:

This.

I recall that one thread, the guy who got worked up over the Clearasil promotion going on.

I'm sure these promotions aren't meant to offend anyone, so people shouldn't take it offensive.

Correct.

People are just overly sensitive nowadays and just have to find a reason to complain about everything. Anyone can drink Dr. Pepper. It's not a man only soda, the ads are just to try and get more men to try diet soda.

If you're easily offended by this ad, then stop drinking Dr. Pepper, stop supporting Pepsi products, whatever makes you feel better. Making such a huge fuss over something like this is just a waste of time.

Message 68 of 80 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3916 posts

May 5, 2013

MistressLiliana wrote:

LightOfValkyrie wrote:

I finally got my email from the Dr. Pepper game. It sends you a link you print out a coupon for a free 2 litre of Dr Pepper 10.

Now I just need a printer. Smiley Tongue

Untitled.png

I got mine too, but are you sure it is a straight free 2 liter? I believe mine implied it was a buy one get one free. If it's buy one get one I think the game saying free Dr. Pepper 10 is pretty misleading.

I wouldn't doubt there's a catch.

I'm not that big a fan of Dr. Pepper anyhow. Upsets my stomach. Smiley Frustrated

Though it's nice to see Dr. Pepper involved with Home again. I still wear my BF3 Recon outfit from the last promo they had.

Message 69 of 80 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
269 posts

[ Edited ]
May 5, 2013

The easy to win DR. Pepper lmo is faster than most $3.99 lmo's including the new minikart from atom republic.   Now there's a reason to be mad.  Smiley Happy   A vending machine moves faster than some bikes and carts.  Cartoon physics at work.

Message 70 of 80 (163 Views)