Fender Bender
3241 posts

Re: Dr. Pepper MiniGame

May 2, 2013

Just give it a rest will ya ?

I dont seem to recall hearing anyone whine about how sexist the Victorias Secret mini quests were considering they were catered specifically to women.

This is no different from the Norelco mini quest. When the rewards were beards and helmets, its part of the superstition of hockey during the playoff race for many players. I suppose they should change that also just because the reward was facial hair.

lauranichole25 wrote:
Smiley Surprised
Icinq wrote:

The reward may not be male only, but the game sure appears that way. I think it's a very sexist and homophobic game. Since when has Dr.Pepper started this new ad campaign to appeal to men only? So basically what they're saying here is I can't drink Dr.Pepper because its a manly drink, and I'm a woman. Don't these companies realize that it's not only men or teenage boys playing on Home?

Oooo! ya wanna play this game huh? me too then! How is the game homophobic? the campaign add says its "not for women"..so i guess your idea of gay men is that they're all prancy, flamey "women" that can't enjoy a soda for men? i imagine that gay men fill every niche in society just like straight men do...a gay lumber jack? sure why not? gay mma fighter? sure...pro athlete...yup! maybe instead of coming up with pretend grievances you should be happy Dr. Pepper was kind enough to advertise in playstation home. Smiley Surprised

Message 21 of 80 (272 Views)
Survivor
1979 posts

May 2, 2013
It worked, I am not one incognito items but I just couldn't resist this one. XD
Message 22 of 80 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

May 2, 2013

Was there supposed to be a prize or something for registering your email with Dr. Pepper 10?

Antonio Xul
Message 23 of 80 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

May 2, 2013

Anton_Xul wrote:

Was there supposed to be a prize or something for registering your email with Dr. Pepper 10?

Yes, I was wondering if anyone else got the coupon we were supposed to get? It says we get free Dr. Pepper 10 up to a 1.99 value, likely a 12 ounce bottle but maybe it is a 2 liter. I never got the coupon, I keep checking my email, but nothing. I actually like Dr Pepper 10 as a female. The males only campaign only bothers me slightly, but I get it is supposed to be a joke. Just laugh at it and move along, the prize we got should make it painfully obvious it is all a farce.

Message 24 of 80 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

May 2, 2013

MistressLiliana wrote:

Anton_Xul wrote:

Yes, I was wondering if anyone else got the coupon we were supposed to get? It says we get free Dr. Pepper 10 up to a 1.99 value, likely a 12 ounce bottle but maybe it is a 2 liter. I never got the coupon, I keep checking my email, but nothing. I actually like Dr Pepper 10 as a female. The males only campaign only bothers me slightly, but I get it is supposed to be a joke. Just laugh at it and move along, the prize we got should make it painfully obvious it is all a farce.

No kidding! What's so manly about being a vending machine?

Antonio Xul
Message 25 of 80 (254 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

May 2, 2013

I for one am grateful, while at glittering sands beach yesterday one of these vending machines came up and said "FREE SODA" it came at the right time since I was actually thirsty from sitting in the sun.  So I thanked the vending machine and It went on its way to help others in need.  I'll never forget him Woman Wink

Message 26 of 80 (245 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

May 2, 2013

It's called targeted marketing. Here's some facts:

1. Dr. Pepper is consumed mainly by women.

2. Diet soda is consumed overwhelmingly by women.

It therefore follows that a diet Dr. Pepper would have the man appeal of a Febreeze-infused stuffed kitten. Women are going to buy the stuff anyway, so there's no point in spending money to reach them. They're going after men. It's a good strategy, and if you're offended by it, you've got way too few concerns in your life.

Please direct your outrage toward the ongoing hunger problems in parts of the world.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 27 of 80 (239 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

May 2, 2013

I would make some clever comment on sexism, but I tried to play this last night and as soon as I walked up to the display in the Hub, my whole system froze. I had to do a hard reboot to get back on. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 28 of 80 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

[ Edited ]
May 2, 2013

welcome to a fun thread about a minigame on home that has commercials on tv

oh "lets randomly complain about the companies advertising stratagey" 

heres a commercial for ya -_- 

Message 29 of 80 (207 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

May 2, 2013

You're right mwf77, I'm glad to see commercial sponsors on Home. It's nice to see them taking an interest. I hope the negativity, deserved or otherwise, doesn't dissuade them or others from bringing their events to us. This sponsor or other potential sponsors may be watching what we say. Maybe we should consider that. Just a thought.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 30 of 80 (191 Views)