Oct 25 2013
By: Joanna_Dark_ Shinra Executive 29271 posts

Double XP at Acorn Park

12 replies 492 views Edited Oct 25, 2013

Just saw this tweeted by VeeMee. Smiley Happy

1. This applies to purchases in Acorn Meadows Park Halloween too. All purchases, consumables, hires, etc have double XP.

2. If you're already in Acorn Meadows Park you'll need to re-enter the scene to experience double XP goodness.

3. From now and for the whole of the weekend all purchases in Acorn Meadows Park come with double the normal XP rewards!

Message 1 of 13 (492 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3846 posts

Re: Double XP at Acorn Park

Oct 25, 2013

:^/ And I just bought some acorns yesterday. Dang.

Message 2 of 13 (466 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Oct 25, 2013

I'm a level 43. I've pretty much given up on trying to earn XP. I't just too much work for the return in free acorns. 

Message 3 of 13 (438 Views)
Survivor
2432 posts

Oct 25, 2013

*pops in from TLoU-verse, brushes cordyceps dust off clothing*

Double earned-XP is great and all, but not as exciting as double acorns would be...Smiley Wink

Photobucket
Message 4 of 13 (399 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
269 posts

Oct 25, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I'm a level 43. I've pretty much given up on trying to earn XP. I't just too much work for the return in free acorns. 

You got that right.  Once you reach level 40, earning xp becomes a pain.  

Message 5 of 13 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Oct 25, 2013
Thanks for the heads up. I wish I didnt blow through a pack of 1000 acorns last week though ugh...
Support Forums
Message 6 of 13 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
624 posts

Oct 25, 2013

Yeah after earning the Night time Acorn space theres really nothing more to shoot for there. For me anyway.

Message 7 of 13 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Oct 25, 2013
^well the helicopter beanie LMO is pretty cool for flying all helicopters if you havent got that yet. Its my favorite park reward besides the apartment itself.
Support Forums
Message 8 of 13 (260 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Just saw this tweeted by VeeMee. Smiley Happy

1. This applies to purchases in Acorn Meadows Park Halloween too. All purchases, consumables, hires, etc have double XP.

2. If you're already in Acorn Meadows Park you'll need to re-enter the scene to experience double XP goodness.

3. From now and for the whole of the weekend all purchases in Acorn Meadows Park come with double the normal XP rewards!

That's OK for new users... But useless for those that have been supporting their space as like me they have likely already completed all of those challenges.

That said, even if they doubled XP for all activities (challenges, tasks, and time in the space) it would hardly make much of a difference for those already at the Ranger level, as you still only get 25 acorns for every 1,500 XP - which on average takes several hours over several days to get... And 25 acorns is only worth about 25 cents.  If there were labor laws in Home, VeeMee would be in a lot of trouble.

That said, I love the space, and happy to support VeeMee with multiple purchases... But their whole XP and Acorn structure is a horrible grind - and I feel bad for those that get sucked into doing it.  Personally, I recommend just enjoy having fun with the space and with friends - but the moment you catch yourself grinding - stop and reflect how little you get in return, then go back to doing what you find entertaining.  Unless of course you happen to be entertained by grinding away.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 9 of 13 (199 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
5755 posts

Oct 26, 2013
IDK how I missed this, but thanks for the heads up! I think I'm only around level 31-ish :x

Message 10 of 13 (185 Views)
0 Likes