Feb 22 2014
By: watermans First Son 2 posts
  • Find more conversations like this:
  • Home
Accepted Solution

Doing a talk show from pshome about all Playstation

11 replies 348 views Edited Feb 22, 2014
I'm "watermans" I am doings weekly talk show on home that I post to YouTube at "watermans1966" really just getting started I'm up for any suggestion or help check it out and scribe and leave comments thanks
Watermans
Message 1 of 12 (348 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Re: Doing a talk show from pshome about all Playstation

Feb 22, 2014

Welcome to the forums... watermans, was it? Not sure if caught that, or not, haha. Just kidding. Your talk show sounds interesting, and I wish you a lot of success with it. What sort of topics will you be tackling? Is it a regular panel of hosts or will there be guests or both?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 12 (345 Views)
Uncharted Territory
965 posts

x

[ Edited ]
Oct 16, 2014

x

Message 3 of 12 (336 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1406 posts

Feb 22, 2014
I admire you creativity. I wish you well in this endeavour.
Message 4 of 12 (331 Views)
Welcoming Committee
6449 posts

Feb 22, 2014

I agree with Julian. It's a nice idea. I just hope it doesn't turn into the Jerry Springer Show considering some of the unique characters that roam about on Home.Woman Happy

Good Luck with the show.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 5 of 12 (327 Views)
Wastelander
195 posts

Feb 22, 2014

Here's some unwanted advice (LOL) but these are the obstacles that you need to overcome for this endeavor to be successful:  first give a lot of thought to how you are going to promote a program that's on YouTube.  Building an audience, getting them to 'subscribe' to your YouTube channel, and then keeping them interested enough to tune in is not easy.  You need to have a large base of friends and family members to get you started - and hope they will spread the message by word of mouth.

Next:  15 minutes is the YouTube limit and that's a LOOOONG time to hold an audience. 5 minute show is a lot more realistic.  Plus since you are filming this, remember that for each minute of finished, polished, well-edited film, there's at least an hour of camera work to shoot the footage and at least three hours of editing work.  So to create and publish a 5 minute show that has sufficient quality to attract and keep an audience once a week, you are looking at a minimum of 2 days of labor-intensive work.

Guests:  interviews with developers have been done to death already.  And the number of interesting, articulate, and 'available' guests in Home is really limited.  Have your topics already in hand before you contact anyone.  Most of the best speakers do NOT want to show up unprepared - and then be expected to ramble on and on.

Finally:  Do not believe the 'shoot it and load it on YouTube' stuff you hear. That's total amateur 'look at my home movie' stuff.  A good show means some good editing software on your PC.  Be prepared to invest in software, special effects, and a top notch headset mic.  Plus - you have to record the voices for a talk show (obviously) so you have to find guests who can record their lines or you have to find a way to record them.  I highly recommend the free software at www.audacity.com.  While others doing videos that require sound, swear by Skype recordings.

Message 6 of 12 (311 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Feb 24, 2014
All Playstation topics maybe one host but got to have common sense thanks
Watermans
Message 7 of 12 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3699 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 24, 2014

watermans wrote:
I'm "watermans" I am doings weekly talk show on home that I post to YouTube at "watermans1966" really just getting started I'm up for any suggestion or help check it out and scribe and leave comments thanks
Watermans

Hey,

I'm going to give you my best advice and honest opinions, Watermans.

For a couple years I've been apart of groups which focused on Home discussion, news and PlayStation store updates. Over those years these slowly faded away and doesn't really seem like many are interested in this stuff today. They were clubs where many woukd gather to chat about Home and PSN. Very much like your show, but not recorded and mostly with large groups of friends.

Sure, it's a fun idea but it's not likely many will tune in to these "shows" and listen to them talk about Home unless they have exclusive information or greater knowledge on those topics. Without that, many simply won't care and you may find it difficult to gain views.

If you're going to follow through with this show, I would suggest you create a unique YouTube channel for your series as well. That way others can find it, perhaps on their own without reading this topic here which - like most - will quickly get overshadowed by update threads, announcements, events and other stuff people here look for.

+ For each episode, clearly name them so others can easily identify them. Right now it seems to be cluttered with test videos, which made it somewhat difficult to check out the actual show - but I did.

+ If possible, use Skype to record the audio. Using mics on Home may cause issues while recording, because.. well.. mics suck on Home. Also, you shouldn't record with a static camera. Because the show isn't LIVE, you could take several takes or stop to move your camera around and get better viewsof the show; simply cut back and forth between others as they're talking would look good.

+ Create an agenda for each episode so you have specific topics to discuss. The host(s) should call on others when they can speak to prevent talking over others or guests. That's also something that could be edited. In between topics, there could be a delay when others speak so you can move the camera which gives guests a chance to prepare their response. Be sure to have entertaining and relevant topics too!

+ Have fun! If you're not having fun, or don't enjoy watching your own show then others will not.

Check out my favorite Home series to see how it's done right - HomeCast, hosted by @HearItWow. His show felt like Home's version of X-Play, which was a great feeling. If you're not going in that direction, you'll need to give others reason to check it out. So if you're planning on sticking with a casual show where you and your friends chat about Home.. you may not get a lot of views. So long as you're having fun though, that's what matters.

Good luck!

Message 8 of 12 (236 Views)
Sackboy
512 posts

Feb 24, 2014

End every episode by screaming "YOU ARE NOT THE FATHER!" and then showing someone dance.

=First in the world to 100% Fat Princess=

Message 9 of 12 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
398 posts

Mar 6, 2014

Here is the last episode of HomeCast, it was also the longerst one ever produced to, a little to long but hey..

Message 10 of 12 (167 Views)